XL Airways France launches flights to Cuba
Travellers will now be able to book flights for their Cuba holidays as a new route between Cuba and France was launched on Wednesday 15th December 2010 b XL Airways France, providing a direct connection for French travellers.
French travellers will now be able to enjoy a direct connection for their Cuba holidays as XL Airways France launched its first flight to the Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero, last Wednesday 15th December, 2010.
The flights to Cuba will enable French travellers to visit and increase tourism within the beautiful Caribbean region. The flights will be operated by the airline with a 364-seat Airbus A330-200.
XL Airways France will be providing the direct route for Cuba holidays until late April 2011 and the flights will depart the Charles de Gaulle International Airport in Paris, with a brief stop at San Salvador in Bahamas and then on to Varadero in the Matanzas province of Cuba.
Tour operators selling the new route for holidays in Cuba include Evolution Voyages (Crystal) and Havanatur Paris, will have 160 seats available for booking each week during the popular winter holiday season.
Cuba has seen the arrival of 64,749 travellers from France arrive on the island up until the month of October this year, making it the sixth most important outbound market for the Caribbean destination.
The increase in visitor arrivals will be a welcome boost in tourism for Cuba, a destination which, unlike the rest of the Caribbean, misses out on the America visitors because of the ongoing travel embargo which was established nearly 50 years.
XL Airways France is an airline based at the Charles de Gaulle International Airport in Paris. Originally formed as Star Airlines in 1995, the XL Leisure Group took the airline over in 2006, but in 2008 the group went into administration and the Straumur-Budaras Investment Bank acquired both XL Airways France and XL Airways Germany on 12th September 2008.
The airline operates flights to approximately 52 destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, the Caribbean and the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...