Jamaica voted Best Caribbean Destination 2010 by Travel Weekly readers
Readers of the U.S travel industry magazine, Travel Weekly, have voted Jamaica as the "Best Caribbean Destination" for the second consecutive year, for travellers with top accommodation and over 150 during their Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica has been voted as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in this year's Readers Choice Awards for the second year in a row by readers of the leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly.
The announcement was made the eighth annual Readers Choice Awards gala dinner which took place on Thursday 16th December at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
This time Jamaica holidays were chosen by readers over other islands in the Caribbean region such as St. Lucia, the Dominican Republic, Aruba, Barbados and the U.S Virgin Islands.
Jamaica's Director of Tourism, John Lynch, said: "Jamaica is delighted to once again receive this top honour by readers of Travel Weekly. This award is testimony to our ongoing efforts to enhance the quality of Jamaica's tourism industry, with continuous product development and expansion of our attraction offerings.
"We look forward to continuing to boost our appeal to travellers by offering the region's best and most comprehensive tourism product."
Travellers can enjoy more than 150 attractions during their Jamaica holidays as well as an array of Jamaica hotels which cater for families, high end travellers, honeymoons and romantic destination weddings.
With many airline offering direct flights to the Caribbean island, it is now even easier for travellers to enjoy holidays in Jamaica with its palm-fringed white sand beaches, sparkling turquoise ocean, tropical climate, forests, the Blue mountains, and natural harbours.
Arnie Weissmann, Vice President and Editor in Chief of Travel Weekly, said: "This award, voted by our trusted readers, represents the views of travel industry insiders."
Readers of Travel Weekly cast their votes for outstanding travel products, services and destinations within 59 different categories in an open ballot and the leading votes are then put through as finalists.
"Travel Weekly's readership understands what it takes to impress even the most discerning traveller. To be voted a winner in any category is confirmation that American travel agents and their customers view your travel product as one of the best in the industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...