Jamaica voted Best Caribbean Destination 2010 by Travel Weekly readers
Readers of the U.S travel industry magazine, Travel Weekly, have voted Jamaica as the "Best Caribbean Destination" for the second consecutive year, for travellers with top accommodation and over 150 during their Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica has been voted as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in this year's Readers Choice Awards for the second year in a row by readers of the leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly.
The announcement was made the eighth annual Readers Choice Awards gala dinner which took place on Thursday 16th December at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
This time Jamaica holidays were chosen by readers over other islands in the Caribbean region such as St. Lucia, the Dominican Republic, Aruba, Barbados and the U.S Virgin Islands.
Jamaica's Director of Tourism, John Lynch, said: "Jamaica is delighted to once again receive this top honour by readers of Travel Weekly. This award is testimony to our ongoing efforts to enhance the quality of Jamaica's tourism industry, with continuous product development and expansion of our attraction offerings.
"We look forward to continuing to boost our appeal to travellers by offering the region's best and most comprehensive tourism product."
Travellers can enjoy more than 150 attractions during their Jamaica holidays as well as an array of Jamaica hotels which cater for families, high end travellers, honeymoons and romantic destination weddings.
With many airline offering direct flights to the Caribbean island, it is now even easier for travellers to enjoy holidays in Jamaica with its palm-fringed white sand beaches, sparkling turquoise ocean, tropical climate, forests, the Blue mountains, and natural harbours.
Arnie Weissmann, Vice President and Editor in Chief of Travel Weekly, said: "This award, voted by our trusted readers, represents the views of travel industry insiders."
Readers of Travel Weekly cast their votes for outstanding travel products, services and destinations within 59 different categories in an open ballot and the leading votes are then put through as finalists.
"Travel Weekly's readership understands what it takes to impress even the most discerning traveller. To be voted a winner in any category is confirmation that American travel agents and their customers view your travel product as one of the best in the industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...