Jamaica voted Best Caribbean Destination 2010 by Travel Weekly readers
Readers of the U.S travel industry magazine, Travel Weekly, have voted Jamaica as the "Best Caribbean Destination" for the second consecutive year, for travellers with top accommodation and over 150 during their Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica has been voted as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in this year's Readers Choice Awards for the second year in a row by readers of the leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly.
The announcement was made the eighth annual Readers Choice Awards gala dinner which took place on Thursday 16th December at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
This time Jamaica holidays were chosen by readers over other islands in the Caribbean region such as St. Lucia, the Dominican Republic, Aruba, Barbados and the U.S Virgin Islands.
Jamaica's Director of Tourism, John Lynch, said: "Jamaica is delighted to once again receive this top honour by readers of Travel Weekly. This award is testimony to our ongoing efforts to enhance the quality of Jamaica's tourism industry, with continuous product development and expansion of our attraction offerings.
"We look forward to continuing to boost our appeal to travellers by offering the region's best and most comprehensive tourism product."
Travellers can enjoy more than 150 attractions during their Jamaica holidays as well as an array of Jamaica hotels which cater for families, high end travellers, honeymoons and romantic destination weddings.
With many airline offering direct flights to the Caribbean island, it is now even easier for travellers to enjoy holidays in Jamaica with its palm-fringed white sand beaches, sparkling turquoise ocean, tropical climate, forests, the Blue mountains, and natural harbours.
Arnie Weissmann, Vice President and Editor in Chief of Travel Weekly, said: "This award, voted by our trusted readers, represents the views of travel industry insiders."
Readers of Travel Weekly cast their votes for outstanding travel products, services and destinations within 59 different categories in an open ballot and the leading votes are then put through as finalists.
"Travel Weekly's readership understands what it takes to impress even the most discerning traveller. To be voted a winner in any category is confirmation that American travel agents and their customers view your travel product as one of the best in the industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...