Abu Dhabi International Airport offers grand welcomes to 10 millionth passenger
Abu Dhabi International Airport has welcomed its 10 millionth passenger arriving on their Abu Dhabi holidays within less than one year, and to celebrate the airport hosted a grand welcome for the lucky visitor - three-year-old Dana Al Malki.
A three-year-old girl received a grand welcome as she arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport with her family for their Abu Dhabi holidays, after being announced as the 10 millionth passenger to arrive at the airport in less than one year.
The airport welcomed Dana Al Malki, who arrived with her family from Chicago onboard an Etihad Airways flight, and presented her with a selection of gifts including a duty free voucher, a complimentary departure ticket, and a crystal replica of the airport's famous air traffic control tower.
Senior Vice President of the Airport Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Ahmad Al Haddabi, said: "This is a fantastic milestone. 2010 has proved to be a remarkable year for the customer service team and our partners at the Abu Dhabi International Airport - police, immigration, passport control and airlines."
Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and provides cheap flights to Abu Dhabi as well as a number of countries across the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi Airport is the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates and provides a base for Etihad Airways and construction is currently underway to expand the airport with a new passenger terminal which is scheduled to open to the public in 2012.
The expansion of the airport is expected to increase the number of passengers arriving and departing from their Abu Dhabi holidays to more than 20 million each year.
As well as providing a gateway to travellers taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, the airport also offers a range of flights to countries all over the world with numerous airlines. These include London Heathrow and Muscat with British Airways; Paris with Air France; Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific; Bahrain with Gulf Air; Delhi and Mumbai with Jet Airways; Amsterdam with KLM; Colombo with Sri Lanka Airlines; and Milan, Brisbane, Sydney, Dublin, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, Geneva, Cape Town and many more with Etihad Airways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...