Abu Dhabi International Airport offers grand welcomes to 10 millionth passenger
Abu Dhabi International Airport has welcomed its 10 millionth passenger arriving on their Abu Dhabi holidays within less than one year, and to celebrate the airport hosted a grand welcome for the lucky visitor - three-year-old Dana Al Malki.
A three-year-old girl received a grand welcome as she arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport with her family for their Abu Dhabi holidays, after being announced as the 10 millionth passenger to arrive at the airport in less than one year.
The airport welcomed Dana Al Malki, who arrived with her family from Chicago onboard an Etihad Airways flight, and presented her with a selection of gifts including a duty free voucher, a complimentary departure ticket, and a crystal replica of the airport's famous air traffic control tower.
Senior Vice President of the Airport Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Ahmad Al Haddabi, said: "This is a fantastic milestone. 2010 has proved to be a remarkable year for the customer service team and our partners at the Abu Dhabi International Airport - police, immigration, passport control and airlines."
Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and provides cheap flights to Abu Dhabi as well as a number of countries across the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi Airport is the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates and provides a base for Etihad Airways and construction is currently underway to expand the airport with a new passenger terminal which is scheduled to open to the public in 2012.
The expansion of the airport is expected to increase the number of passengers arriving and departing from their Abu Dhabi holidays to more than 20 million each year.
As well as providing a gateway to travellers taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, the airport also offers a range of flights to countries all over the world with numerous airlines. These include London Heathrow and Muscat with British Airways; Paris with Air France; Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific; Bahrain with Gulf Air; Delhi and Mumbai with Jet Airways; Amsterdam with KLM; Colombo with Sri Lanka Airlines; and Milan, Brisbane, Sydney, Dublin, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, Geneva, Cape Town and many more with Etihad Airways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...