Abu Dhabi International Airport offers grand welcomes to 10 millionth passenger
Abu Dhabi International Airport has welcomed its 10 millionth passenger arriving on their Abu Dhabi holidays within less than one year, and to celebrate the airport hosted a grand welcome for the lucky visitor - three-year-old Dana Al Malki.
A three-year-old girl received a grand welcome as she arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport with her family for their Abu Dhabi holidays, after being announced as the 10 millionth passenger to arrive at the airport in less than one year.
The airport welcomed Dana Al Malki, who arrived with her family from Chicago onboard an Etihad Airways flight, and presented her with a selection of gifts including a duty free voucher, a complimentary departure ticket, and a crystal replica of the airport's famous air traffic control tower.
Senior Vice President of the Airport Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Ahmad Al Haddabi, said: "This is a fantastic milestone. 2010 has proved to be a remarkable year for the customer service team and our partners at the Abu Dhabi International Airport - police, immigration, passport control and airlines."
Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and provides cheap flights to Abu Dhabi as well as a number of countries across the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi Airport is the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates and provides a base for Etihad Airways and construction is currently underway to expand the airport with a new passenger terminal which is scheduled to open to the public in 2012.
The expansion of the airport is expected to increase the number of passengers arriving and departing from their Abu Dhabi holidays to more than 20 million each year.
As well as providing a gateway to travellers taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, the airport also offers a range of flights to countries all over the world with numerous airlines. These include London Heathrow and Muscat with British Airways; Paris with Air France; Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific; Bahrain with Gulf Air; Delhi and Mumbai with Jet Airways; Amsterdam with KLM; Colombo with Sri Lanka Airlines; and Milan, Brisbane, Sydney, Dublin, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, Geneva, Cape Town and many more with Etihad Airways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...