Abu Dhabi International Airport offers grand welcomes to 10 millionth passenger
Abu Dhabi International Airport has welcomed its 10 millionth passenger arriving on their Abu Dhabi holidays within less than one year, and to celebrate the airport hosted a grand welcome for the lucky visitor - three-year-old Dana Al Malki.
A three-year-old girl received a grand welcome as she arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport with her family for their Abu Dhabi holidays, after being announced as the 10 millionth passenger to arrive at the airport in less than one year.
The airport welcomed Dana Al Malki, who arrived with her family from Chicago onboard an Etihad Airways flight, and presented her with a selection of gifts including a duty free voucher, a complimentary departure ticket, and a crystal replica of the airport's famous air traffic control tower.
Senior Vice President of the Airport Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Ahmad Al Haddabi, said: "This is a fantastic milestone. 2010 has proved to be a remarkable year for the customer service team and our partners at the Abu Dhabi International Airport - police, immigration, passport control and airlines."
Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and provides cheap flights to Abu Dhabi as well as a number of countries across the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi Airport is the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates and provides a base for Etihad Airways and construction is currently underway to expand the airport with a new passenger terminal which is scheduled to open to the public in 2012.
The expansion of the airport is expected to increase the number of passengers arriving and departing from their Abu Dhabi holidays to more than 20 million each year.
As well as providing a gateway to travellers taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, the airport also offers a range of flights to countries all over the world with numerous airlines. These include London Heathrow and Muscat with British Airways; Paris with Air France; Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific; Bahrain with Gulf Air; Delhi and Mumbai with Jet Airways; Amsterdam with KLM; Colombo with Sri Lanka Airlines; and Milan, Brisbane, Sydney, Dublin, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, Geneva, Cape Town and many more with Etihad Airways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...