Abu Dhabi International Airport offers grand welcomes to 10 millionth passenger
Abu Dhabi International Airport has welcomed its 10 millionth passenger arriving on their Abu Dhabi holidays within less than one year, and to celebrate the airport hosted a grand welcome for the lucky visitor - three-year-old Dana Al Malki.
A three-year-old girl received a grand welcome as she arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport with her family for their Abu Dhabi holidays, after being announced as the 10 millionth passenger to arrive at the airport in less than one year.
The airport welcomed Dana Al Malki, who arrived with her family from Chicago onboard an Etihad Airways flight, and presented her with a selection of gifts including a duty free voucher, a complimentary departure ticket, and a crystal replica of the airport's famous air traffic control tower.
Senior Vice President of the Airport Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Ahmad Al Haddabi, said: "This is a fantastic milestone. 2010 has proved to be a remarkable year for the customer service team and our partners at the Abu Dhabi International Airport - police, immigration, passport control and airlines."
Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates and provides cheap flights to Abu Dhabi as well as a number of countries across the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi Airport is the second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates and provides a base for Etihad Airways and construction is currently underway to expand the airport with a new passenger terminal which is scheduled to open to the public in 2012.
The expansion of the airport is expected to increase the number of passengers arriving and departing from their Abu Dhabi holidays to more than 20 million each year.
As well as providing a gateway to travellers taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, the airport also offers a range of flights to countries all over the world with numerous airlines. These include London Heathrow and Muscat with British Airways; Paris with Air France; Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific; Bahrain with Gulf Air; Delhi and Mumbai with Jet Airways; Amsterdam with KLM; Colombo with Sri Lanka Airlines; and Milan, Brisbane, Sydney, Dublin, Frankfurt, New York, Tokyo, Toronto, Geneva, Cape Town and many more with Etihad Airways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...