Honeymoons in Jamaica voted number one destination by Canadians
Canadian travel agents have voted honeymoons in Jamaica as the number one destination for the second year in a row at the 2010 Agents' Choice Awards, with the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) scooping the top prize for the favourite tourist board.
Honeymoons in Jamaica have been voted as the top destination by Canadian travel agents in this year's Agents' Choice Awards for the second year running. The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) was voted as the favourite tourist board by the Canadian travel industry for the fifth consecutive year.
At the launch of the Jamaica Travel Jamboree which took place in Toronto, the Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett and the Regional Director for the Jamaica Tourist Board in Canada, Sandra Scott, accepted the awards from Edith Baxter, the Editor-in-Chief of Baxter Travel Media.
Mr. Bartlett said: "We want to thank you all, agents and partners, for electing Jamaica yet again as the leading honeymoon destination. On behalf of the tourist board, the Ministry of Tourism and the Government of Jamaica, we really are humbled by being voted the number one tourism bureau in Canada."
Thousands of travel agents across Canada vote within a variety of categories for the annual Agents' Choice Awards which is organised by Canadian Travel Press and Travel Courier, the major publications of the Baxter Travel Media Group. Sandals/ Beaches Resort, who operate a number of Jamaica hotels, were also rated as the favourite environmentally-friendly company and the top hotel chain.
Sandals Hotels and Resorts offers a number of luxury hotels and beachside properties, perfect for weddings and honeymoons in Jamaica. Jamaican holidays are the favourite Caribbean choice for travellers who are looking for sun, sea, and laidback lifestyle during their vacations.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea 90 miles south of Cuba, Jamaica is an island nation and home to the majestic Blue Mountains, and several pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches. The island is a popular destination for travellers from all over the globe because of its laidback way of life, beautiful natural scenery, tropical climate, warm turquoise waters and vast number of hotels to suit every budget.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...