Honeymoons in Jamaica voted number one destination by Canadians
Canadian travel agents have voted honeymoons in Jamaica as the number one destination for the second year in a row at the 2010 Agents' Choice Awards, with the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) scooping the top prize for the favourite tourist board.
Honeymoons in Jamaica have been voted as the top destination by Canadian travel agents in this year's Agents' Choice Awards for the second year running. The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) was voted as the favourite tourist board by the Canadian travel industry for the fifth consecutive year.
At the launch of the Jamaica Travel Jamboree which took place in Toronto, the Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett and the Regional Director for the Jamaica Tourist Board in Canada, Sandra Scott, accepted the awards from Edith Baxter, the Editor-in-Chief of Baxter Travel Media.
Mr. Bartlett said: "We want to thank you all, agents and partners, for electing Jamaica yet again as the leading honeymoon destination. On behalf of the tourist board, the Ministry of Tourism and the Government of Jamaica, we really are humbled by being voted the number one tourism bureau in Canada."
Thousands of travel agents across Canada vote within a variety of categories for the annual Agents' Choice Awards which is organised by Canadian Travel Press and Travel Courier, the major publications of the Baxter Travel Media Group. Sandals/ Beaches Resort, who operate a number of Jamaica hotels, were also rated as the favourite environmentally-friendly company and the top hotel chain.
Sandals Hotels and Resorts offers a number of luxury hotels and beachside properties, perfect for weddings and honeymoons in Jamaica. Jamaican holidays are the favourite Caribbean choice for travellers who are looking for sun, sea, and laidback lifestyle during their vacations.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea 90 miles south of Cuba, Jamaica is an island nation and home to the majestic Blue Mountains, and several pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches. The island is a popular destination for travellers from all over the globe because of its laidback way of life, beautiful natural scenery, tropical climate, warm turquoise waters and vast number of hotels to suit every budget.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....