Sunwing flights to Cuba holidays available for longer period
For the delight of Canadian sun-seekers, Sunwing is extending the period during which the airline will be operating non-stop spring flights to Cuba holidays and Mexico holidays between March and May next year.
The popular carrier Sunwing has extended the period during which it will be offering non-stop flights to Cuba holidays in Varadero and Havana as well ast to Mexican hot spots Cancun and the Riviera Maya during next year's spring time. The flights will now be extended to start operating from a week earlier than previous years and will run until several days later than last year. Bernard LeBlanc of the Saint John Airport revealed that growth on Sunwing flights has been steady.
Flights to these sunny holidays destinations begin on 18th March 2011 - about a week earlier than last year - airport president and CEO Bernard LeBlanc announced, and will continue until 22nd May 2011 when last year, flights ended in early May.
"It's the same destinations, but over a longer period," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing began flying out of the city about four years ago and "The first year, there might have been about 2,400 passengers," LeBlanc explained.
"This past year, we had about 6,600 passengers. Saint John has the highest Sunwing content in the province."
One of the perkes of these non-stop set of Caribbean flights is that, once passengers leave the ground in Saint John, they land directly on Cuba holidays or Cancun holidays in Mexico without any stopovers and luggage transfers.
"It makes it a lot more convenient," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing's departure schedule includes three dates per week: Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. "It's a good time to book, because there are some destinations that are as much as 60 per cent off," LeBlanc said.
"If someone just wants to get away and wants a cheap hotel you can probably find something, with taxes, for under $500 per person."
LeBlanc said the fact that flights are growing bodes well for the Saint John Airport. "People are supporting it and so the people providing it say, How can we grow it?'
"If can do really well this year, let's try and push for new destinations next year," he said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...