Sunwing flights to Cuba holidays available for longer period
For the delight of Canadian sun-seekers, Sunwing is extending the period during which the airline will be operating non-stop spring flights to Cuba holidays and Mexico holidays between March and May next year.
The popular carrier Sunwing has extended the period during which it will be offering non-stop flights to Cuba holidays in Varadero and Havana as well ast to Mexican hot spots Cancun and the Riviera Maya during next year's spring time. The flights will now be extended to start operating from a week earlier than previous years and will run until several days later than last year. Bernard LeBlanc of the Saint John Airport revealed that growth on Sunwing flights has been steady.
Flights to these sunny holidays destinations begin on 18th March 2011 - about a week earlier than last year - airport president and CEO Bernard LeBlanc announced, and will continue until 22nd May 2011 when last year, flights ended in early May.
"It's the same destinations, but over a longer period," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing began flying out of the city about four years ago and "The first year, there might have been about 2,400 passengers," LeBlanc explained.
"This past year, we had about 6,600 passengers. Saint John has the highest Sunwing content in the province."
One of the perkes of these non-stop set of Caribbean flights is that, once passengers leave the ground in Saint John, they land directly on Cuba holidays or Cancun holidays in Mexico without any stopovers and luggage transfers.
"It makes it a lot more convenient," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing's departure schedule includes three dates per week: Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. "It's a good time to book, because there are some destinations that are as much as 60 per cent off," LeBlanc said.
"If someone just wants to get away and wants a cheap hotel you can probably find something, with taxes, for under $500 per person."
LeBlanc said the fact that flights are growing bodes well for the Saint John Airport. "People are supporting it and so the people providing it say, How can we grow it?'
"If can do really well this year, let's try and push for new destinations next year," he said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...