Sunwing flights to Cuba holidays available for longer period
For the delight of Canadian sun-seekers, Sunwing is extending the period during which the airline will be operating non-stop spring flights to Cuba holidays and Mexico holidays between March and May next year.
The popular carrier Sunwing has extended the period during which it will be offering non-stop flights to Cuba holidays in Varadero and Havana as well ast to Mexican hot spots Cancun and the Riviera Maya during next year's spring time. The flights will now be extended to start operating from a week earlier than previous years and will run until several days later than last year. Bernard LeBlanc of the Saint John Airport revealed that growth on Sunwing flights has been steady.
Flights to these sunny holidays destinations begin on 18th March 2011 - about a week earlier than last year - airport president and CEO Bernard LeBlanc announced, and will continue until 22nd May 2011 when last year, flights ended in early May.
"It's the same destinations, but over a longer period," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing began flying out of the city about four years ago and "The first year, there might have been about 2,400 passengers," LeBlanc explained.
"This past year, we had about 6,600 passengers. Saint John has the highest Sunwing content in the province."
One of the perkes of these non-stop set of Caribbean flights is that, once passengers leave the ground in Saint John, they land directly on Cuba holidays or Cancun holidays in Mexico without any stopovers and luggage transfers.
"It makes it a lot more convenient," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing's departure schedule includes three dates per week: Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. "It's a good time to book, because there are some destinations that are as much as 60 per cent off," LeBlanc said.
"If someone just wants to get away and wants a cheap hotel you can probably find something, with taxes, for under $500 per person."
LeBlanc said the fact that flights are growing bodes well for the Saint John Airport. "People are supporting it and so the people providing it say, How can we grow it?'
"If can do really well this year, let's try and push for new destinations next year," he said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...