Sunwing flights to Cuba holidays available for longer period
For the delight of Canadian sun-seekers, Sunwing is extending the period during which the airline will be operating non-stop spring flights to Cuba holidays and Mexico holidays between March and May next year.
The popular carrier Sunwing has extended the period during which it will be offering non-stop flights to Cuba holidays in Varadero and Havana as well ast to Mexican hot spots Cancun and the Riviera Maya during next year's spring time. The flights will now be extended to start operating from a week earlier than previous years and will run until several days later than last year. Bernard LeBlanc of the Saint John Airport revealed that growth on Sunwing flights has been steady.
Flights to these sunny holidays destinations begin on 18th March 2011 - about a week earlier than last year - airport president and CEO Bernard LeBlanc announced, and will continue until 22nd May 2011 when last year, flights ended in early May.
"It's the same destinations, but over a longer period," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing began flying out of the city about four years ago and "The first year, there might have been about 2,400 passengers," LeBlanc explained.
"This past year, we had about 6,600 passengers. Saint John has the highest Sunwing content in the province."
One of the perkes of these non-stop set of Caribbean flights is that, once passengers leave the ground in Saint John, they land directly on Cuba holidays or Cancun holidays in Mexico without any stopovers and luggage transfers.
"It makes it a lot more convenient," LeBlanc said.
Sunwing's departure schedule includes three dates per week: Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. "It's a good time to book, because there are some destinations that are as much as 60 per cent off," LeBlanc said.
"If someone just wants to get away and wants a cheap hotel you can probably find something, with taxes, for under $500 per person."
LeBlanc said the fact that flights are growing bodes well for the Saint John Airport. "People are supporting it and so the people providing it say, How can we grow it?'
"If can do really well this year, let's try and push for new destinations next year," he said on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...