Passenger traffic increases at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) have announced that there has been a 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic during October with travellers choosing destinations including London, Frankfurt, Manila, Doha, and Bangkok over Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has seen an 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic this October with travellers arriving for their Abu Dhabi holidays, plus numerous travellers head to favourite destinations across North America, Europe and the Far East.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced the increase in passenger traffic in comparison to the same month last year and reported that passenger numbers reached 904,000 during October 2010. The report concluded that aircraft movements increased to 9,500 and cargo traffic increased by 11 percent during October.
Senior Vice President of Airports Operations at Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Ahmed Al Haddabi, said: "October has been another strong month for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The continued increased traffic we are witnessing to multiple destinations around the world including North America, the Far East, Europe and the subcontinent is a proof of our airport's strong network of highly demanded routes for holiday and business travellers."
The report showed that the five top routes for travellers in October 2010 were London, Frankfurt, Manila, Bangkok, and Doha. Abu Dhabi flights to the United States, France, Egypt and the Philippines also saw an increase in passenger numbers.
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the gateway in to the capital city of the United Arab Emirates and sees thousands of travellers arriving on Abu Dhabi holidays each month, while also offering excellent links to travellers taking Middle East holidays to nearby destinations.
Earlier in November 2010, the airport saw a large number of arrivals who were taking part in or visiting for the Formula 1 event. The airport increased staffing across al sections whilst offering a range of promotions, exhibitions, activities and prize giveaways to visiting tourists and F1 partakers.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is situated 32 km from the centre of the bustling city and stretches over 350,000 square-metres of land. In 2009, the new terminal three (T3) was opened which operates Etihad Airways flights, and the new development of a passenger terminal is currently underway.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...