Passenger traffic increases at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) have announced that there has been a 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic during October with travellers choosing destinations including London, Frankfurt, Manila, Doha, and Bangkok over Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has seen an 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic this October with travellers arriving for their Abu Dhabi holidays, plus numerous travellers head to favourite destinations across North America, Europe and the Far East.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced the increase in passenger traffic in comparison to the same month last year and reported that passenger numbers reached 904,000 during October 2010. The report concluded that aircraft movements increased to 9,500 and cargo traffic increased by 11 percent during October.
Senior Vice President of Airports Operations at Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Ahmed Al Haddabi, said: "October has been another strong month for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The continued increased traffic we are witnessing to multiple destinations around the world including North America, the Far East, Europe and the subcontinent is a proof of our airport's strong network of highly demanded routes for holiday and business travellers."
The report showed that the five top routes for travellers in October 2010 were London, Frankfurt, Manila, Bangkok, and Doha. Abu Dhabi flights to the United States, France, Egypt and the Philippines also saw an increase in passenger numbers.
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the gateway in to the capital city of the United Arab Emirates and sees thousands of travellers arriving on Abu Dhabi holidays each month, while also offering excellent links to travellers taking Middle East holidays to nearby destinations.
Earlier in November 2010, the airport saw a large number of arrivals who were taking part in or visiting for the Formula 1 event. The airport increased staffing across al sections whilst offering a range of promotions, exhibitions, activities and prize giveaways to visiting tourists and F1 partakers.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is situated 32 km from the centre of the bustling city and stretches over 350,000 square-metres of land. In 2009, the new terminal three (T3) was opened which operates Etihad Airways flights, and the new development of a passenger terminal is currently underway.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...