Passenger traffic increases at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) have announced that there has been a 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic during October with travellers choosing destinations including London, Frankfurt, Manila, Doha, and Bangkok over Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has seen an 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic this October with travellers arriving for their Abu Dhabi holidays, plus numerous travellers head to favourite destinations across North America, Europe and the Far East.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced the increase in passenger traffic in comparison to the same month last year and reported that passenger numbers reached 904,000 during October 2010. The report concluded that aircraft movements increased to 9,500 and cargo traffic increased by 11 percent during October.
Senior Vice President of Airports Operations at Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Ahmed Al Haddabi, said: "October has been another strong month for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The continued increased traffic we are witnessing to multiple destinations around the world including North America, the Far East, Europe and the subcontinent is a proof of our airport's strong network of highly demanded routes for holiday and business travellers."
The report showed that the five top routes for travellers in October 2010 were London, Frankfurt, Manila, Bangkok, and Doha. Abu Dhabi flights to the United States, France, Egypt and the Philippines also saw an increase in passenger numbers.
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the gateway in to the capital city of the United Arab Emirates and sees thousands of travellers arriving on Abu Dhabi holidays each month, while also offering excellent links to travellers taking Middle East holidays to nearby destinations.
Earlier in November 2010, the airport saw a large number of arrivals who were taking part in or visiting for the Formula 1 event. The airport increased staffing across al sections whilst offering a range of promotions, exhibitions, activities and prize giveaways to visiting tourists and F1 partakers.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is situated 32 km from the centre of the bustling city and stretches over 350,000 square-metres of land. In 2009, the new terminal three (T3) was opened which operates Etihad Airways flights, and the new development of a passenger terminal is currently underway.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...