Passenger traffic increases at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) have announced that there has been a 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic during October with travellers choosing destinations including London, Frankfurt, Manila, Doha, and Bangkok over Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has seen an 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic this October with travellers arriving for their Abu Dhabi holidays, plus numerous travellers head to favourite destinations across North America, Europe and the Far East.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced the increase in passenger traffic in comparison to the same month last year and reported that passenger numbers reached 904,000 during October 2010. The report concluded that aircraft movements increased to 9,500 and cargo traffic increased by 11 percent during October.
Senior Vice President of Airports Operations at Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Ahmed Al Haddabi, said: "October has been another strong month for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The continued increased traffic we are witnessing to multiple destinations around the world including North America, the Far East, Europe and the subcontinent is a proof of our airport's strong network of highly demanded routes for holiday and business travellers."
The report showed that the five top routes for travellers in October 2010 were London, Frankfurt, Manila, Bangkok, and Doha. Abu Dhabi flights to the United States, France, Egypt and the Philippines also saw an increase in passenger numbers.
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the gateway in to the capital city of the United Arab Emirates and sees thousands of travellers arriving on Abu Dhabi holidays each month, while also offering excellent links to travellers taking Middle East holidays to nearby destinations.
Earlier in November 2010, the airport saw a large number of arrivals who were taking part in or visiting for the Formula 1 event. The airport increased staffing across al sections whilst offering a range of promotions, exhibitions, activities and prize giveaways to visiting tourists and F1 partakers.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is situated 32 km from the centre of the bustling city and stretches over 350,000 square-metres of land. In 2009, the new terminal three (T3) was opened which operates Etihad Airways flights, and the new development of a passenger terminal is currently underway.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...