Passenger traffic increases at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) have announced that there has been a 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic during October with travellers choosing destinations including London, Frankfurt, Manila, Doha, and Bangkok over Abu Dhabi holidays.
Abu Dhabi International Airport has seen an 13.3 per cent increase in passenger traffic this October with travellers arriving for their Abu Dhabi holidays, plus numerous travellers head to favourite destinations across North America, Europe and the Far East.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) announced the increase in passenger traffic in comparison to the same month last year and reported that passenger numbers reached 904,000 during October 2010. The report concluded that aircraft movements increased to 9,500 and cargo traffic increased by 11 percent during October.
Senior Vice President of Airports Operations at Abu Dhabi Airports Company, Ahmed Al Haddabi, said: "October has been another strong month for Abu Dhabi International Airport. The continued increased traffic we are witnessing to multiple destinations around the world including North America, the Far East, Europe and the subcontinent is a proof of our airport's strong network of highly demanded routes for holiday and business travellers."
The report showed that the five top routes for travellers in October 2010 were London, Frankfurt, Manila, Bangkok, and Doha. Abu Dhabi flights to the United States, France, Egypt and the Philippines also saw an increase in passenger numbers.
Abu Dhabi International Airport is the gateway in to the capital city of the United Arab Emirates and sees thousands of travellers arriving on Abu Dhabi holidays each month, while also offering excellent links to travellers taking Middle East holidays to nearby destinations.
Earlier in November 2010, the airport saw a large number of arrivals who were taking part in or visiting for the Formula 1 event. The airport increased staffing across al sections whilst offering a range of promotions, exhibitions, activities and prize giveaways to visiting tourists and F1 partakers.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is situated 32 km from the centre of the bustling city and stretches over 350,000 square-metres of land. In 2009, the new terminal three (T3) was opened which operates Etihad Airways flights, and the new development of a passenger terminal is currently underway.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Save £450 per person with our current Flash Sale.
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...