Cuba holidays reporting strong tourism figures with more Canadians booking Cuba hotels
Having already reached the 2 million figure of visitors arriving to the island one month earlier than expected, Cuba holidays are going strong, especially thanks to the Canadian market of holidaymakers, who flock down to the island in increasing numbers.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry (MINTUR announced that by last October the country had welcomed its 2 millionth visitor this year, a figugre ahead of last years numbers and reflecting the rising popularity of Cuba holidays. In the other recent report tourism to Cuba was up by 12.3 % for the month of September with tourism expected to be up by 3 % for the entire year.
As it happens, one of the main contributors to this are Canadian travellers who continue flocking down to the island in massive numbers to enjoy holidays in Cuba. Canadians continue to be Cuba’s main tourist source followed by England, Italy and Spain. Cuban beach resorts continue to be identified as bargain travel opportunities in spite of the competitive market for those bargain-shopping tourists.
Cuba's tourism minister Manuel Marrero said tourism from Canada had risen by 2 % at the end of last month, as the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported.
The figure equates to some 780,000 visitors from the country arriving to Cuba holidays over the last ten months when tourism from other countries had actually fallen.
Mr Marrero made the statement at the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), where a stand was hosted by the North American nation.
Trade from here is said to be important to Cuba and ACN states it is the third trade partner.
FIHAV (Havana International Tourism Fair) was running at the Havana International Exhibition Centre from November 1st and finished 6th November 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...