Cuba holidays reporting strong tourism figures with more Canadians booking Cuba hotels
Having already reached the 2 million figure of visitors arriving to the island one month earlier than expected, Cuba holidays are going strong, especially thanks to the Canadian market of holidaymakers, who flock down to the island in increasing numbers.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry (MINTUR announced that by last October the country had welcomed its 2 millionth visitor this year, a figugre ahead of last years numbers and reflecting the rising popularity of Cuba holidays. In the other recent report tourism to Cuba was up by 12.3 % for the month of September with tourism expected to be up by 3 % for the entire year.
As it happens, one of the main contributors to this are Canadian travellers who continue flocking down to the island in massive numbers to enjoy holidays in Cuba. Canadians continue to be Cuba’s main tourist source followed by England, Italy and Spain. Cuban beach resorts continue to be identified as bargain travel opportunities in spite of the competitive market for those bargain-shopping tourists.
Cuba's tourism minister Manuel Marrero said tourism from Canada had risen by 2 % at the end of last month, as the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported.
The figure equates to some 780,000 visitors from the country arriving to Cuba holidays over the last ten months when tourism from other countries had actually fallen.
Mr Marrero made the statement at the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), where a stand was hosted by the North American nation.
Trade from here is said to be important to Cuba and ACN states it is the third trade partner.
FIHAV (Havana International Tourism Fair) was running at the Havana International Exhibition Centre from November 1st and finished 6th November 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...