Cuba holidays reporting strong tourism figures with more Canadians booking Cuba hotels
Having already reached the 2 million figure of visitors arriving to the island one month earlier than expected, Cuba holidays are going strong, especially thanks to the Canadian market of holidaymakers, who flock down to the island in increasing numbers.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry (MINTUR announced that by last October the country had welcomed its 2 millionth visitor this year, a figugre ahead of last years numbers and reflecting the rising popularity of Cuba holidays. In the other recent report tourism to Cuba was up by 12.3 % for the month of September with tourism expected to be up by 3 % for the entire year.
As it happens, one of the main contributors to this are Canadian travellers who continue flocking down to the island in massive numbers to enjoy holidays in Cuba. Canadians continue to be Cuba’s main tourist source followed by England, Italy and Spain. Cuban beach resorts continue to be identified as bargain travel opportunities in spite of the competitive market for those bargain-shopping tourists.
Cuba's tourism minister Manuel Marrero said tourism from Canada had risen by 2 % at the end of last month, as the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported.
The figure equates to some 780,000 visitors from the country arriving to Cuba holidays over the last ten months when tourism from other countries had actually fallen.
Mr Marrero made the statement at the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), where a stand was hosted by the North American nation.
Trade from here is said to be important to Cuba and ACN states it is the third trade partner.
FIHAV (Havana International Tourism Fair) was running at the Havana International Exhibition Centre from November 1st and finished 6th November 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...