Cuba holidays reporting strong tourism figures with more Canadians booking Cuba hotels
Having already reached the 2 million figure of visitors arriving to the island one month earlier than expected, Cuba holidays are going strong, especially thanks to the Canadian market of holidaymakers, who flock down to the island in increasing numbers.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry (MINTUR announced that by last October the country had welcomed its 2 millionth visitor this year, a figugre ahead of last years numbers and reflecting the rising popularity of Cuba holidays. In the other recent report tourism to Cuba was up by 12.3 % for the month of September with tourism expected to be up by 3 % for the entire year.
As it happens, one of the main contributors to this are Canadian travellers who continue flocking down to the island in massive numbers to enjoy holidays in Cuba. Canadians continue to be Cuba’s main tourist source followed by England, Italy and Spain. Cuban beach resorts continue to be identified as bargain travel opportunities in spite of the competitive market for those bargain-shopping tourists.
Cuba's tourism minister Manuel Marrero said tourism from Canada had risen by 2 % at the end of last month, as the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported.
The figure equates to some 780,000 visitors from the country arriving to Cuba holidays over the last ten months when tourism from other countries had actually fallen.
Mr Marrero made the statement at the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), where a stand was hosted by the North American nation.
Trade from here is said to be important to Cuba and ACN states it is the third trade partner.
FIHAV (Havana International Tourism Fair) was running at the Havana International Exhibition Centre from November 1st and finished 6th November 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...