Cuba holidays reporting strong tourism figures with more Canadians booking Cuba hotels
Having already reached the 2 million figure of visitors arriving to the island one month earlier than expected, Cuba holidays are going strong, especially thanks to the Canadian market of holidaymakers, who flock down to the island in increasing numbers.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry (MINTUR announced that by last October the country had welcomed its 2 millionth visitor this year, a figugre ahead of last years numbers and reflecting the rising popularity of Cuba holidays. In the other recent report tourism to Cuba was up by 12.3 % for the month of September with tourism expected to be up by 3 % for the entire year.
As it happens, one of the main contributors to this are Canadian travellers who continue flocking down to the island in massive numbers to enjoy holidays in Cuba. Canadians continue to be Cuba’s main tourist source followed by England, Italy and Spain. Cuban beach resorts continue to be identified as bargain travel opportunities in spite of the competitive market for those bargain-shopping tourists.
Cuba's tourism minister Manuel Marrero said tourism from Canada had risen by 2 % at the end of last month, as the Cuban News Agency (ACN) reported.
The figure equates to some 780,000 visitors from the country arriving to Cuba holidays over the last ten months when tourism from other countries had actually fallen.
Mr Marrero made the statement at the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV), where a stand was hosted by the North American nation.
Trade from here is said to be important to Cuba and ACN states it is the third trade partner.
FIHAV (Havana International Tourism Fair) was running at the Havana International Exhibition Centre from November 1st and finished 6th November 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...