Cuba holidays in Camaguey as Santa Lucia beach gears up for Winter Season
After extensive refurbishment work has been completed along all hotels dotting the Santa Lucia beach in the Camaguey province, the region is once again ready to welcome holidaymakers to pristine beach holidays in this beautiful resort.
All Cuba hotels built along the northern coast of the province of Camaguey are gearing up for the high tourism season with more than 1,000 total rooms available.
The four Cuba hotels located along Santa Lucia beach, Gran Club Santa Lucia, Mayanabo, Caracol and Believe Brisas Santa Lucia, are now ready to offer better Cuba holidays as all of them underwent repair works valued at more than 4 million pesos, Cubanacan Group’s representative Teresa Rodriguez told ACN.
The works included not only regular maintenance works but also the refurnishing of the facilities and the purchase of new mattresses for the beds in all the guest rooms.
Likewise, cooking equipment and security and cooling systems were replaced or refurbished, as well as the swimming pools which had been damaged by four-category hurricane Ike in 2008.
Believe Brisas’s deputy director Edel Carmenates said the hotel staff has a big challenge ahead as they seek not only to attract larger number of tourists but also to increase the quality of services.
Santa Lucia has not received any investments over the last five years and no new hotels are expected to be built on the area in the next five years, according to Rodriguez Chacon.
However, the executive announce that a dolphinarium will be built in La Boca beach, 12 Km away the hotel area. The facility is expected to be finished in 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
The ultimate beach holiday experience awaits you at Los Cactus, a Caribbean paradise for golf-lovers and scuba...