Cuba holidays in Camaguey as Santa Lucia beach gears up for Winter Season
After extensive refurbishment work has been completed along all hotels dotting the Santa Lucia beach in the Camaguey province, the region is once again ready to welcome holidaymakers to pristine beach holidays in this beautiful resort.
All Cuba hotels built along the northern coast of the province of Camaguey are gearing up for the high tourism season with more than 1,000 total rooms available.
The four Cuba hotels located along Santa Lucia beach, Gran Club Santa Lucia, Mayanabo, Caracol and Believe Brisas Santa Lucia, are now ready to offer better Cuba holidays as all of them underwent repair works valued at more than 4 million pesos, Cubanacan Group’s representative Teresa Rodriguez told ACN.
The works included not only regular maintenance works but also the refurnishing of the facilities and the purchase of new mattresses for the beds in all the guest rooms.
Likewise, cooking equipment and security and cooling systems were replaced or refurbished, as well as the swimming pools which had been damaged by four-category hurricane Ike in 2008.
Believe Brisas’s deputy director Edel Carmenates said the hotel staff has a big challenge ahead as they seek not only to attract larger number of tourists but also to increase the quality of services.
Santa Lucia has not received any investments over the last five years and no new hotels are expected to be built on the area in the next five years, according to Rodriguez Chacon.
However, the executive announce that a dolphinarium will be built in La Boca beach, 12 Km away the hotel area. The facility is expected to be finished in 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...