Environmental Education Tour will promote Cuba eco-holidays
The Eco Cuba Exchange programme is inviting guests from all over the world to participate in its quest for research and investigation in the environmental sector with a series of tours planned for February 2011.
Eco Cuba Exchange is now inviting guests from the world over to take Cuba holidays with a special eco-interest and participate in this research tour for environmental educators in Cuba -- a nation that has been called "the only nation to have achieved sustainability" by the World Wildlife Foundation.
As global interest in environmental protection and sustainable development has gained momentum, people the world over have turned to schools as venues for community-based environmental and food-sustainability projects. In fact, reformers and researchers concerned with environmental and food challenges commonly view schools as the single most critical space for broader eco-social transformation.
Proving that Cuba holidays are about so much more than just sunny beaches, Cuba's nation-wide community and school-based environmental education programmes have been internationally praised for over two decades. In 2006, the World Wildlife Foundation declared Cuba to be the only nation living sustainably due to its high Quality of Life indices and low Carbon Footprint.
Travel to Cuba with this educational environmental programme and meet the policy makers and practitioners who make it happen!
Tour the sites and meet the staff and volunteers of:
- Sustainable development projects in Havana and rural Cuba
- Urban gardens, rural farms and farmers' markets
- Environmental NGOs, such as the Foundation for Nature and Humanity
- Scientists and Educators at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
- Teachers and students maintaining urban and rural school gardens
- Las Terrazas, an intentional sustainable community and school
- Eco-Station in the Sierra Rosario Biosphere Reserve, Pinar del Rio
- Renewable Energy vocational-technical schools and NGO Cuba Solar
- Recycling and environmental clean up projects
- Cultural activities and individual meetings according to interest
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...