Environmental Education Tour will promote Cuba eco-holidays
The Eco Cuba Exchange programme is inviting guests from all over the world to participate in its quest for research and investigation in the environmental sector with a series of tours planned for February 2011.
Eco Cuba Exchange is now inviting guests from the world over to take Cuba holidays with a special eco-interest and participate in this research tour for environmental educators in Cuba -- a nation that has been called "the only nation to have achieved sustainability" by the World Wildlife Foundation.
As global interest in environmental protection and sustainable development has gained momentum, people the world over have turned to schools as venues for community-based environmental and food-sustainability projects. In fact, reformers and researchers concerned with environmental and food challenges commonly view schools as the single most critical space for broader eco-social transformation.
Proving that Cuba holidays are about so much more than just sunny beaches, Cuba's nation-wide community and school-based environmental education programmes have been internationally praised for over two decades. In 2006, the World Wildlife Foundation declared Cuba to be the only nation living sustainably due to its high Quality of Life indices and low Carbon Footprint.
Travel to Cuba with this educational environmental programme and meet the policy makers and practitioners who make it happen!
Tour the sites and meet the staff and volunteers of:
- Sustainable development projects in Havana and rural Cuba
- Urban gardens, rural farms and farmers' markets
- Environmental NGOs, such as the Foundation for Nature and Humanity
- Scientists and Educators at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
- Teachers and students maintaining urban and rural school gardens
- Las Terrazas, an intentional sustainable community and school
- Eco-Station in the Sierra Rosario Biosphere Reserve, Pinar del Rio
- Renewable Energy vocational-technical schools and NGO Cuba Solar
- Recycling and environmental clean up projects
- Cultural activities and individual meetings according to interest
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...