Environmental Education Tour will promote Cuba eco-holidays
The Eco Cuba Exchange programme is inviting guests from all over the world to participate in its quest for research and investigation in the environmental sector with a series of tours planned for February 2011.
Eco Cuba Exchange is now inviting guests from the world over to take Cuba holidays with a special eco-interest and participate in this research tour for environmental educators in Cuba -- a nation that has been called "the only nation to have achieved sustainability" by the World Wildlife Foundation.
As global interest in environmental protection and sustainable development has gained momentum, people the world over have turned to schools as venues for community-based environmental and food-sustainability projects. In fact, reformers and researchers concerned with environmental and food challenges commonly view schools as the single most critical space for broader eco-social transformation.
Proving that Cuba holidays are about so much more than just sunny beaches, Cuba's nation-wide community and school-based environmental education programmes have been internationally praised for over two decades. In 2006, the World Wildlife Foundation declared Cuba to be the only nation living sustainably due to its high Quality of Life indices and low Carbon Footprint.
Travel to Cuba with this educational environmental programme and meet the policy makers and practitioners who make it happen!
Tour the sites and meet the staff and volunteers of:
- Sustainable development projects in Havana and rural Cuba
- Urban gardens, rural farms and farmers' markets
- Environmental NGOs, such as the Foundation for Nature and Humanity
- Scientists and Educators at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
- Teachers and students maintaining urban and rural school gardens
- Las Terrazas, an intentional sustainable community and school
- Eco-Station in the Sierra Rosario Biosphere Reserve, Pinar del Rio
- Renewable Energy vocational-technical schools and NGO Cuba Solar
- Recycling and environmental clean up projects
- Cultural activities and individual meetings according to interest
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...