Environmental Education Tour will promote Cuba eco-holidays
The Eco Cuba Exchange programme is inviting guests from all over the world to participate in its quest for research and investigation in the environmental sector with a series of tours planned for February 2011.
Eco Cuba Exchange is now inviting guests from the world over to take Cuba holidays with a special eco-interest and participate in this research tour for environmental educators in Cuba -- a nation that has been called "the only nation to have achieved sustainability" by the World Wildlife Foundation.
As global interest in environmental protection and sustainable development has gained momentum, people the world over have turned to schools as venues for community-based environmental and food-sustainability projects. In fact, reformers and researchers concerned with environmental and food challenges commonly view schools as the single most critical space for broader eco-social transformation.
Proving that Cuba holidays are about so much more than just sunny beaches, Cuba's nation-wide community and school-based environmental education programmes have been internationally praised for over two decades. In 2006, the World Wildlife Foundation declared Cuba to be the only nation living sustainably due to its high Quality of Life indices and low Carbon Footprint.
Travel to Cuba with this educational environmental programme and meet the policy makers and practitioners who make it happen!
Tour the sites and meet the staff and volunteers of:
- Sustainable development projects in Havana and rural Cuba
- Urban gardens, rural farms and farmers' markets
- Environmental NGOs, such as the Foundation for Nature and Humanity
- Scientists and Educators at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment
- Teachers and students maintaining urban and rural school gardens
- Las Terrazas, an intentional sustainable community and school
- Eco-Station in the Sierra Rosario Biosphere Reserve, Pinar del Rio
- Renewable Energy vocational-technical schools and NGO Cuba Solar
- Recycling and environmental clean up projects
- Cultural activities and individual meetings according to interest
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...