Cuba holidays welcome 2 million tourists for the 7th consecutive year
After having reached the 2 million mark of visitors arriving to Cuba holidays 12 days earlier than expected, the Cuban Ministry of Tour is optimistic about the remaining 2010-2011 winter season which will see many other tourists arriving to the island.
This year Cuba holidays have enjoyed enormous popularity amongts worldwide travellers. The Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) announced that Cuba registered last Monday two million foreign tourist arrivals for the seventh consecutive year in an early date.
The figure was reached 12 days earlier than expected and 12 days earlier than in 2009; showing an upward trend in the Cuba holidays market. The main markets continue to be Canada in the first place, followed by the United Kingdom and with Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Mexico, Argentina and Russia coming behind in that order.
The sector is on its way to a 3 % ncrease over 2009, according to a communiqué from the Tourism Ministry cited Tuesday in the official media.
Cuba as a holiday destination is growing by around 3% compared to last year, when the island received 2.43 million tourists. The ministry mentioned the island’s interest in “promoting tourism of peace, health, safety and trust,” as well as “responsibly exploiting to the maximum” its natural attractions as well as its social and cultural achievements.
The report also said that the country’s development of tourism has been “among the biggest and most dynamic in the Americas and the Caribbean for two decades.”
It adds that development of the sector in the island has been one of the most dynamic and significant in Latin America and the Caribbean in the past two decades, showing a consolidation of the Cuban destination worldwide.
The achievement of reaching this number of visitors before the anticipated time suggests a bright winter 2010-2011 Cuba holidays season, based on the Cuban authorities's philosophy of developing a tourism of peace, health, security and confidence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...