Cuba holidays welcome 2 million tourists for the 7th consecutive year
After having reached the 2 million mark of visitors arriving to Cuba holidays 12 days earlier than expected, the Cuban Ministry of Tour is optimistic about the remaining 2010-2011 winter season which will see many other tourists arriving to the island.
This year Cuba holidays have enjoyed enormous popularity amongts worldwide travellers. The Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) announced that Cuba registered last Monday two million foreign tourist arrivals for the seventh consecutive year in an early date.
The figure was reached 12 days earlier than expected and 12 days earlier than in 2009; showing an upward trend in the Cuba holidays market. The main markets continue to be Canada in the first place, followed by the United Kingdom and with Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Mexico, Argentina and Russia coming behind in that order.
The sector is on its way to a 3 % ncrease over 2009, according to a communiqué from the Tourism Ministry cited Tuesday in the official media.
Cuba as a holiday destination is growing by around 3% compared to last year, when the island received 2.43 million tourists. The ministry mentioned the island’s interest in “promoting tourism of peace, health, safety and trust,” as well as “responsibly exploiting to the maximum” its natural attractions as well as its social and cultural achievements.
The report also said that the country’s development of tourism has been “among the biggest and most dynamic in the Americas and the Caribbean for two decades.”
It adds that development of the sector in the island has been one of the most dynamic and significant in Latin America and the Caribbean in the past two decades, showing a consolidation of the Cuban destination worldwide.
The achievement of reaching this number of visitors before the anticipated time suggests a bright winter 2010-2011 Cuba holidays season, based on the Cuban authorities's philosophy of developing a tourism of peace, health, security and confidence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...