Cuba holidays welcome 2 million tourists for the 7th consecutive year
After having reached the 2 million mark of visitors arriving to Cuba holidays 12 days earlier than expected, the Cuban Ministry of Tour is optimistic about the remaining 2010-2011 winter season which will see many other tourists arriving to the island.
This year Cuba holidays have enjoyed enormous popularity amongts worldwide travellers. The Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) announced that Cuba registered last Monday two million foreign tourist arrivals for the seventh consecutive year in an early date.
The figure was reached 12 days earlier than expected and 12 days earlier than in 2009; showing an upward trend in the Cuba holidays market. The main markets continue to be Canada in the first place, followed by the United Kingdom and with Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Mexico, Argentina and Russia coming behind in that order.
The sector is on its way to a 3 % ncrease over 2009, according to a communiqué from the Tourism Ministry cited Tuesday in the official media.
Cuba as a holiday destination is growing by around 3% compared to last year, when the island received 2.43 million tourists. The ministry mentioned the island’s interest in “promoting tourism of peace, health, safety and trust,” as well as “responsibly exploiting to the maximum” its natural attractions as well as its social and cultural achievements.
The report also said that the country’s development of tourism has been “among the biggest and most dynamic in the Americas and the Caribbean for two decades.”
It adds that development of the sector in the island has been one of the most dynamic and significant in Latin America and the Caribbean in the past two decades, showing a consolidation of the Cuban destination worldwide.
The achievement of reaching this number of visitors before the anticipated time suggests a bright winter 2010-2011 Cuba holidays season, based on the Cuban authorities's philosophy of developing a tourism of peace, health, security and confidence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...