Westin hotel expands in the Costa Rica holidays market
Placing a stronger focus on the Latin American market, Starwood Hotels and Resort have decided to further expand in Costa Rica with the new Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa, due to open in May 2011.
Accelerating growth in Latin America, Starwood Hotels & Resorts has returned to the Costa Rica holidays with the opening of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa in May 2011.
Marking a milestone in Starwood's history, The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa will also be the first all-inclusive resort in Starwood's global portfolio.
The property will undergo extensive renovations to its 406 spacious suites and all public areas.
"We are delighted to once again establish a presence in Costa Rica with next year's opening of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa, one of four new Westin properties slated to open in Latin America by the end of 2011. The Westin brand is at a pivotal point in its life cycle with an unprecedented opportunity for global growth and well on its way to establishing itself as an international market leader," said Simon Turner, president of global development for Starwood.
The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa is set on one of Costa Rica's most breathtaking beaches, Playa Conchal in Cabo Velas, just 45 minutes from Guanacaste International Airport.
Centered on an expansive lagoon-style pool, the resort offers panoramic Costa Rica holidays featuring beautiful gardens, luxurious suites, thatch-roofed bungalows and breathtaking ocean and forest vistas. Inspiring wellness with its signature Westin Spa, the resort will also offer a variety of outdoor recreation and nightly entertainment.
The resort is located adjacent to the championship Robert Trent Jones II golf facility, and features several restaurants serving both local and international cuisine.
"Starwood is proud to expand the Westin Resorts portfolio with the addition of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa. Recent growth in the all-inclusive luxury resort market in Mexico and Central America, coupled with increasing demand from our SPG members seeking vacation packages have created fertile conditions for our entry in the all-inclusive market," said Osvaldo Librizzi, president of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Latin America. "Known for its spectacular beaches, volcanoes and tropical forests, Costa Rica is a popular tourist and leisure destination and a terrific choice for the expansion of the Westin brand, which expects to nearly double its portfolio in Latin America by 2014."
Once it opens, the new Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa will be the first Starwood property in Costa Rica in 20 years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...