Westin hotel expands in the Costa Rica holidays market
Placing a stronger focus on the Latin American market, Starwood Hotels and Resort have decided to further expand in Costa Rica with the new Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa, due to open in May 2011.
Accelerating growth in Latin America, Starwood Hotels & Resorts has returned to the Costa Rica holidays with the opening of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa in May 2011.
Marking a milestone in Starwood's history, The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa will also be the first all-inclusive resort in Starwood's global portfolio.
The property will undergo extensive renovations to its 406 spacious suites and all public areas.
"We are delighted to once again establish a presence in Costa Rica with next year's opening of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa, one of four new Westin properties slated to open in Latin America by the end of 2011. The Westin brand is at a pivotal point in its life cycle with an unprecedented opportunity for global growth and well on its way to establishing itself as an international market leader," said Simon Turner, president of global development for Starwood.
The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa is set on one of Costa Rica's most breathtaking beaches, Playa Conchal in Cabo Velas, just 45 minutes from Guanacaste International Airport.
Centered on an expansive lagoon-style pool, the resort offers panoramic Costa Rica holidays featuring beautiful gardens, luxurious suites, thatch-roofed bungalows and breathtaking ocean and forest vistas. Inspiring wellness with its signature Westin Spa, the resort will also offer a variety of outdoor recreation and nightly entertainment.
The resort is located adjacent to the championship Robert Trent Jones II golf facility, and features several restaurants serving both local and international cuisine.
"Starwood is proud to expand the Westin Resorts portfolio with the addition of The Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa. Recent growth in the all-inclusive luxury resort market in Mexico and Central America, coupled with increasing demand from our SPG members seeking vacation packages have created fertile conditions for our entry in the all-inclusive market," said Osvaldo Librizzi, president of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Latin America. "Known for its spectacular beaches, volcanoes and tropical forests, Costa Rica is a popular tourist and leisure destination and a terrific choice for the expansion of the Westin brand, which expects to nearly double its portfolio in Latin America by 2014."
Once it opens, the new Westin Playa Conchal Resort & Spa will be the first Starwood property in Costa Rica in 20 years.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...