Travel Industry heading to Jamaica holidays for the 2010 World Travel Awards Ceremony
Jamaica will be the proud host of the World Travel Awards Ceremony 2010 due to be held next month at the Sandals European Village and Spa resort, located on the island's stunning south coast.
Everyone who's anyone in the travel industry have been flocking down to enjoy fabulous Jamaica holidays during the WTM Awards 2010. The most important companies in the travel and tourism will be attending tonight’s World Travel Awards 2010 The Americas Ceremony.
Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa, located on Jamaica’s beautiful south coast, is making the final preparation ahead of what promises to be the biggest night of the year travel and tourism in the region.
Leading travel companies, operators and destinations from across North, Central, South America and the Caribbean will battle it out to see who will walk away with the coveted World Travel Awards trophies.
“We are thrilled to be hosting the World Travel Awards Americas Gala Ceremony at Sandals Whitehouse,” said Sandals Resorts Founder and Chairman Gordon “Butch” Stewart. “This magnificent resort located in such a pristine setting as Jamaica’s stunning south coast, is the perfect backdrop to showcase the best that the region has to offer.”
Described as the ‘Oscars of the travel industry’ by the Wall Street Journal, the event – now in its 17th year – is universally recognised as a major champion of excellent customer service, encouraging and inspiring products and services to improve business performance and innovation.
Voting has been taking place throughout the year for highly contended categories such as North America’s Leading Airline, South America’s Leading Destination, the Caribbean’s Leading Beach Resort and Central America’s Leading Hotel Brand. There are categories for each overall region as well as categories for individual countries.
John Lynch, Jamaica’s Director of Tourism, is pleased that the island was selected to host the event. “Jamaica is honoured to be chosen as the host destination for the prestigious Americas gala of the 2010 World Travel Awards. We are confident that the event will showcase the destination to a global audience, demonstrating the reason Jamaica has enjoyed tremendous success over the years.”
Graham E Cooke, Founder and President, World Travel Awards, added: “Jamaica is the perfect location to host this year’s Americas Event.”
“Bringing together North, South, Central America and the Caribbean will make for a thrilling ceremony and there will no doubt be a real competitive edge in the air that should make for some interesting results,” he added.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...