More options for marine Cuba cruises as another startup company sets out to offer Cuba Cruises
Starting 6th Nnovember 2011 the London-based cruise company Tropicana Cruises is set to start sailing from Cuban shres departing from Havana and going all around the island. Pit-stops will be Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona.
Cuba holidays seem to look like a promising venture for the cruising market as one UK cruise company seeks out to offer Cuba cruises. According to Cruise Industry News first the London-based Tropicana Cruises is set to begin cruises sailing from Havana in November. For this the Belize-registered line will use the 300-passenger Adriana boat, built back in 1972. This ship will offer cruising Cuba holidays from 6th November 2011.
Spanish start-up company Happy Cruises announced in September it will home-port its Gemini in Havana to offer around-Cuba cruises. Happy Cruises joined British cruise lines Thomson and Fred. Olsen, which have been offering Cuba cruises for several winter seasons.
Tropicana, with offices in London and St. Petersburg, bought the vessel from a French company and already transfered it to its new homeport in Havana. The Adriana will sail from Havana to Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona, as well as Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where U.S. and Canadian passengers can board.
The company is marketing its Cuba cruises in Russia, Britain, Germany and Spain, but — due to U.S. sanctions — not in the United States. A company spokesman told Cruise Critic that Tropicana may break down the cruises in a Russian week, an English-speaking week, and a German- or Spanish-speaking week. Cruises are priced in Euros and will start at €785 per person for a seven-night voyage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...