More options for marine Cuba cruises as another startup company sets out to offer Cuba Cruises
Starting 6th Nnovember 2011 the London-based cruise company Tropicana Cruises is set to start sailing from Cuban shres departing from Havana and going all around the island. Pit-stops will be Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona.
Cuba holidays seem to look like a promising venture for the cruising market as one UK cruise company seeks out to offer Cuba cruises. According to Cruise Industry News first the London-based Tropicana Cruises is set to begin cruises sailing from Havana in November. For this the Belize-registered line will use the 300-passenger Adriana boat, built back in 1972. This ship will offer cruising Cuba holidays from 6th November 2011.
Spanish start-up company Happy Cruises announced in September it will home-port its Gemini in Havana to offer around-Cuba cruises. Happy Cruises joined British cruise lines Thomson and Fred. Olsen, which have been offering Cuba cruises for several winter seasons.
Tropicana, with offices in London and St. Petersburg, bought the vessel from a French company and already transfered it to its new homeport in Havana. The Adriana will sail from Havana to Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona, as well as Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where U.S. and Canadian passengers can board.
The company is marketing its Cuba cruises in Russia, Britain, Germany and Spain, but — due to U.S. sanctions — not in the United States. A company spokesman told Cruise Critic that Tropicana may break down the cruises in a Russian week, an English-speaking week, and a German- or Spanish-speaking week. Cruises are priced in Euros and will start at €785 per person for a seven-night voyage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...