More options for marine Cuba cruises as another startup company sets out to offer Cuba Cruises
Starting 6th Nnovember 2011 the London-based cruise company Tropicana Cruises is set to start sailing from Cuban shres departing from Havana and going all around the island. Pit-stops will be Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona.
Cuba holidays seem to look like a promising venture for the cruising market as one UK cruise company seeks out to offer Cuba cruises. According to Cruise Industry News first the London-based Tropicana Cruises is set to begin cruises sailing from Havana in November. For this the Belize-registered line will use the 300-passenger Adriana boat, built back in 1972. This ship will offer cruising Cuba holidays from 6th November 2011.
Spanish start-up company Happy Cruises announced in September it will home-port its Gemini in Havana to offer around-Cuba cruises. Happy Cruises joined British cruise lines Thomson and Fred. Olsen, which have been offering Cuba cruises for several winter seasons.
Tropicana, with offices in London and St. Petersburg, bought the vessel from a French company and already transfered it to its new homeport in Havana. The Adriana will sail from Havana to Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona, as well as Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where U.S. and Canadian passengers can board.
The company is marketing its Cuba cruises in Russia, Britain, Germany and Spain, but — due to U.S. sanctions — not in the United States. A company spokesman told Cruise Critic that Tropicana may break down the cruises in a Russian week, an English-speaking week, and a German- or Spanish-speaking week. Cruises are priced in Euros and will start at €785 per person for a seven-night voyage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...