More options for marine Cuba cruises as another startup company sets out to offer Cuba Cruises
Starting 6th Nnovember 2011 the London-based cruise company Tropicana Cruises is set to start sailing from Cuban shres departing from Havana and going all around the island. Pit-stops will be Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona.
Cuba holidays seem to look like a promising venture for the cruising market as one UK cruise company seeks out to offer Cuba cruises. According to Cruise Industry News first the London-based Tropicana Cruises is set to begin cruises sailing from Havana in November. For this the Belize-registered line will use the 300-passenger Adriana boat, built back in 1972. This ship will offer cruising Cuba holidays from 6th November 2011.
Spanish start-up company Happy Cruises announced in September it will home-port its Gemini in Havana to offer around-Cuba cruises. Happy Cruises joined British cruise lines Thomson and Fred. Olsen, which have been offering Cuba cruises for several winter seasons.
Tropicana, with offices in London and St. Petersburg, bought the vessel from a French company and already transfered it to its new homeport in Havana. The Adriana will sail from Havana to Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona, as well as Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where U.S. and Canadian passengers can board.
The company is marketing its Cuba cruises in Russia, Britain, Germany and Spain, but — due to U.S. sanctions — not in the United States. A company spokesman told Cruise Critic that Tropicana may break down the cruises in a Russian week, an English-speaking week, and a German- or Spanish-speaking week. Cruises are priced in Euros and will start at €785 per person for a seven-night voyage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...