More options for marine Cuba cruises as another startup company sets out to offer Cuba Cruises
Starting 6th Nnovember 2011 the London-based cruise company Tropicana Cruises is set to start sailing from Cuban shres departing from Havana and going all around the island. Pit-stops will be Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona.
Cuba holidays seem to look like a promising venture for the cruising market as one UK cruise company seeks out to offer Cuba cruises. According to Cruise Industry News first the London-based Tropicana Cruises is set to begin cruises sailing from Havana in November. For this the Belize-registered line will use the 300-passenger Adriana boat, built back in 1972. This ship will offer cruising Cuba holidays from 6th November 2011.
Spanish start-up company Happy Cruises announced in September it will home-port its Gemini in Havana to offer around-Cuba cruises. Happy Cruises joined British cruise lines Thomson and Fred. Olsen, which have been offering Cuba cruises for several winter seasons.
Tropicana, with offices in London and St. Petersburg, bought the vessel from a French company and already transfered it to its new homeport in Havana. The Adriana will sail from Havana to Cayo Saetia, Santiago de Cuba, Trinidad and Nueva Gerona, as well as Ocho Rios in Jamaica, where U.S. and Canadian passengers can board.
The company is marketing its Cuba cruises in Russia, Britain, Germany and Spain, but — due to U.S. sanctions — not in the United States. A company spokesman told Cruise Critic that Tropicana may break down the cruises in a Russian week, an English-speaking week, and a German- or Spanish-speaking week. Cruises are priced in Euros and will start at €785 per person for a seven-night voyage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...