Cox and Kings lists top 10 travel trends for 2011 luxury holidays
The COO of the longest established travel company, Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley has listed the travel trends for the coming year naming luxury holidays by rail, multi-destination breaks and bucket list trips where travellers experience unique activities.
The proposed top 10 travel trends for 2011 have been listed by the COO of Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley who believes that multi centre holidays, contemporary culture travel, and educational travel will be amongst the favourites for travellers. Multi-destination trips enable travellers the chance to get the most out of their luxury holidays whilst experience different cultures and sights at the same time.
Stanley explains: "We are starting to see an increased interest in combined itineraries such as India and Bhutan or Peru and Argentina. With new air routes coming on board such as LAN's route between Lima and Iguassu, visiting two countries in one trip is more convenient than ever, affording travellers the opportunity to experience exactly what they want from a combination of countries."
Group tours are on the rise as many travellers look to explore exotic destinations at a lower price and Cox and Kings offers Discovery Group Journeys which take a small group of like-minded travellers to destinations such as North America, Australia and the UK. Many travellers like to work closely with tour operators and travel agents to ensure that they get exactly what they are looking for out of their luxury holidays or adventure breaks.
"People want to work with a travel professional who has relationships with the hotels, tour guides and intimate knowledge of the best a destination has to offer," said Stanley. "With more than 250 years in the industry, Cox and Kings has developed invaluable and long lasting relationships worldwide."
Contemporary Cultural travel offers travellers the chance to interact with locals, artists, particularly across China and Asia. "China is a destination that currently boasts a cutting-edge modern art scene, which has attracted interest from international visitors as well as art collectors," Stanley explained. "Travellers want to see beyond the historic art these areas are known for and get a glimpse into what is happening now."
Educational holidays, experimental family vacations, and one of a kind speciality experience are also on the list as travellers look to learn new skills or experience something unique during their time away.
With luxury holidays by rail look to increase as many new deluxe trains are being launched by travel companies, allowing travellers to experience a number of sites, landscapes and activities without having to pack their bags or spend time in numerous airports.
Bucket-list experiences are on the rise as travellers seek adrenalin-pumping activities during their breaks overseas. These can range from African safaris, helicopter tours, or scuba diving in unique destinations.
Stanley has also picked his top spots for luxury holidays, relaxing breaks or thrill-seeking experiences, and listed Libya, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, Colombia and Jordan as the top holiday destinations for 2011. He added: "Travellers are always looking for the next hot spot, and these are some of the countries where there's been pent up demand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...