Cox and Kings lists top 10 travel trends for 2011 luxury holidays
The COO of the longest established travel company, Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley has listed the travel trends for the coming year naming luxury holidays by rail, multi-destination breaks and bucket list trips where travellers experience unique activities.
The proposed top 10 travel trends for 2011 have been listed by the COO of Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley who believes that multi centre holidays, contemporary culture travel, and educational travel will be amongst the favourites for travellers. Multi-destination trips enable travellers the chance to get the most out of their luxury holidays whilst experience different cultures and sights at the same time.
Stanley explains: "We are starting to see an increased interest in combined itineraries such as India and Bhutan or Peru and Argentina. With new air routes coming on board such as LAN's route between Lima and Iguassu, visiting two countries in one trip is more convenient than ever, affording travellers the opportunity to experience exactly what they want from a combination of countries."
Group tours are on the rise as many travellers look to explore exotic destinations at a lower price and Cox and Kings offers Discovery Group Journeys which take a small group of like-minded travellers to destinations such as North America, Australia and the UK. Many travellers like to work closely with tour operators and travel agents to ensure that they get exactly what they are looking for out of their luxury holidays or adventure breaks.
"People want to work with a travel professional who has relationships with the hotels, tour guides and intimate knowledge of the best a destination has to offer," said Stanley. "With more than 250 years in the industry, Cox and Kings has developed invaluable and long lasting relationships worldwide."
Contemporary Cultural travel offers travellers the chance to interact with locals, artists, particularly across China and Asia. "China is a destination that currently boasts a cutting-edge modern art scene, which has attracted interest from international visitors as well as art collectors," Stanley explained. "Travellers want to see beyond the historic art these areas are known for and get a glimpse into what is happening now."
Educational holidays, experimental family vacations, and one of a kind speciality experience are also on the list as travellers look to learn new skills or experience something unique during their time away.
With luxury holidays by rail look to increase as many new deluxe trains are being launched by travel companies, allowing travellers to experience a number of sites, landscapes and activities without having to pack their bags or spend time in numerous airports.
Bucket-list experiences are on the rise as travellers seek adrenalin-pumping activities during their breaks overseas. These can range from African safaris, helicopter tours, or scuba diving in unique destinations.
Stanley has also picked his top spots for luxury holidays, relaxing breaks or thrill-seeking experiences, and listed Libya, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, Colombia and Jordan as the top holiday destinations for 2011. He added: "Travellers are always looking for the next hot spot, and these are some of the countries where there's been pent up demand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...