Cox and Kings lists top 10 travel trends for 2011 luxury holidays
The COO of the longest established travel company, Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley has listed the travel trends for the coming year naming luxury holidays by rail, multi-destination breaks and bucket list trips where travellers experience unique activities.
The proposed top 10 travel trends for 2011 have been listed by the COO of Cox and Kings, Thomas Stanley who believes that multi centre holidays, contemporary culture travel, and educational travel will be amongst the favourites for travellers. Multi-destination trips enable travellers the chance to get the most out of their luxury holidays whilst experience different cultures and sights at the same time.
Stanley explains: "We are starting to see an increased interest in combined itineraries such as India and Bhutan or Peru and Argentina. With new air routes coming on board such as LAN's route between Lima and Iguassu, visiting two countries in one trip is more convenient than ever, affording travellers the opportunity to experience exactly what they want from a combination of countries."
Group tours are on the rise as many travellers look to explore exotic destinations at a lower price and Cox and Kings offers Discovery Group Journeys which take a small group of like-minded travellers to destinations such as North America, Australia and the UK. Many travellers like to work closely with tour operators and travel agents to ensure that they get exactly what they are looking for out of their luxury holidays or adventure breaks.
"People want to work with a travel professional who has relationships with the hotels, tour guides and intimate knowledge of the best a destination has to offer," said Stanley. "With more than 250 years in the industry, Cox and Kings has developed invaluable and long lasting relationships worldwide."
Contemporary Cultural travel offers travellers the chance to interact with locals, artists, particularly across China and Asia. "China is a destination that currently boasts a cutting-edge modern art scene, which has attracted interest from international visitors as well as art collectors," Stanley explained. "Travellers want to see beyond the historic art these areas are known for and get a glimpse into what is happening now."
Educational holidays, experimental family vacations, and one of a kind speciality experience are also on the list as travellers look to learn new skills or experience something unique during their time away.
With luxury holidays by rail look to increase as many new deluxe trains are being launched by travel companies, allowing travellers to experience a number of sites, landscapes and activities without having to pack their bags or spend time in numerous airports.
Bucket-list experiences are on the rise as travellers seek adrenalin-pumping activities during their breaks overseas. These can range from African safaris, helicopter tours, or scuba diving in unique destinations.
Stanley has also picked his top spots for luxury holidays, relaxing breaks or thrill-seeking experiences, and listed Libya, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, Colombia and Jordan as the top holiday destinations for 2011. He added: "Travellers are always looking for the next hot spot, and these are some of the countries where there's been pent up demand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...