The board representing Dubai holidays becomes a supporter of Just-a-Drop
The Dubai Tourism Board, one of the world's leading tourism authorities, have now vowed to donate a generous £7000 to the Just a Drop charity, an organisation providing safe, drinkable water to millions in developing countries.
Proving that they do more than promote Dubai holidays, the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), one of the world’s leading tourism authorities, has recently announced its partnership with international clean water charity, Just a Drop. Joining this cause that provides clean, potable waters to millions of people in need in remote areas of the world where a commodity like water is a scarce necessity and something of a luxury, the tourism board’s UK and Ireland representative office has pledged to donate £7,000 over one year, making it the newest corporate supporter of the charity.
Commenting on Dubai Tourism’s recent pledge and the latest phase in its corporate social responsibility activities, Ian Scott, director UK & Ireland, Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said: “The work done by Just a Drop is truly inspirational. I see providing clean water to my own children as their basic human right. So I am personally thrilled that with Dubai Tourism’s support, Just a Drop will be able to make that same clean water more accessible to children that need it so desperately. The whole team at Dubai Tourism in the UK is committed to Just a Drop and raising this money through many creative group enterprises and sponsored individual activities. A key date in my own diary is 21 January 2011 when I will be running the Dubai Marathon.”
Fiona Jeffery, founder and chairman of Just a Drop said: “We’re delighted that Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing values the work of Just a Drop. It is a tourist board which has truly engaged with the charity.
The money raised will go towards a Just a Drop Mother & Baby clinic project in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is one of the few countries in which the life expectancy of women is lower than that of men; it has the second highest maternal mortality rate in the world. Every 30 minutes, one woman dies in Afghanistan of pregnancy related complications and problems during childbirth - nearly half of these maternal deaths could be prevented with better health care provision which starts with clean water.”
According to the charity a child dies every 20 seconds from water borne diseases. Just a Drop has to date saved the lives of over one million children and their families in 29 countries through building protected wells, installing piping and providing sanitation. Corporate partners such as DTCM who do more than Dubai holidays, ensure that Just a Drop can continue its excellent work to help the world’s poorest communities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Immerse yourself in Ottoman-style opulence in the famous Palm Jumeirah during your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Perfection is synonymous with the Zabeel Saray on Dubai's Palm Island, where you will find that the decadence of the Ottoman Empire has been perfectly recaptured
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...