The board representing Dubai holidays becomes a supporter of Just-a-Drop
The Dubai Tourism Board, one of the world's leading tourism authorities, have now vowed to donate a generous £7000 to the Just a Drop charity, an organisation providing safe, drinkable water to millions in developing countries.
Proving that they do more than promote Dubai holidays, the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), one of the world’s leading tourism authorities, has recently announced its partnership with international clean water charity, Just a Drop. Joining this cause that provides clean, potable waters to millions of people in need in remote areas of the world where a commodity like water is a scarce necessity and something of a luxury, the tourism board’s UK and Ireland representative office has pledged to donate £7,000 over one year, making it the newest corporate supporter of the charity.
Commenting on Dubai Tourism’s recent pledge and the latest phase in its corporate social responsibility activities, Ian Scott, director UK & Ireland, Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said: “The work done by Just a Drop is truly inspirational. I see providing clean water to my own children as their basic human right. So I am personally thrilled that with Dubai Tourism’s support, Just a Drop will be able to make that same clean water more accessible to children that need it so desperately. The whole team at Dubai Tourism in the UK is committed to Just a Drop and raising this money through many creative group enterprises and sponsored individual activities. A key date in my own diary is 21 January 2011 when I will be running the Dubai Marathon.”
Fiona Jeffery, founder and chairman of Just a Drop said: “We’re delighted that Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing values the work of Just a Drop. It is a tourist board which has truly engaged with the charity.
The money raised will go towards a Just a Drop Mother & Baby clinic project in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is one of the few countries in which the life expectancy of women is lower than that of men; it has the second highest maternal mortality rate in the world. Every 30 minutes, one woman dies in Afghanistan of pregnancy related complications and problems during childbirth - nearly half of these maternal deaths could be prevented with better health care provision which starts with clean water.”
According to the charity a child dies every 20 seconds from water borne diseases. Just a Drop has to date saved the lives of over one million children and their families in 29 countries through building protected wells, installing piping and providing sanitation. Corporate partners such as DTCM who do more than Dubai holidays, ensure that Just a Drop can continue its excellent work to help the world’s poorest communities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...