The board representing Dubai holidays becomes a supporter of Just-a-Drop
The Dubai Tourism Board, one of the world's leading tourism authorities, have now vowed to donate a generous £7000 to the Just a Drop charity, an organisation providing safe, drinkable water to millions in developing countries.
Proving that they do more than promote Dubai holidays, the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), one of the world’s leading tourism authorities, has recently announced its partnership with international clean water charity, Just a Drop. Joining this cause that provides clean, potable waters to millions of people in need in remote areas of the world where a commodity like water is a scarce necessity and something of a luxury, the tourism board’s UK and Ireland representative office has pledged to donate £7,000 over one year, making it the newest corporate supporter of the charity.
Commenting on Dubai Tourism’s recent pledge and the latest phase in its corporate social responsibility activities, Ian Scott, director UK & Ireland, Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said: “The work done by Just a Drop is truly inspirational. I see providing clean water to my own children as their basic human right. So I am personally thrilled that with Dubai Tourism’s support, Just a Drop will be able to make that same clean water more accessible to children that need it so desperately. The whole team at Dubai Tourism in the UK is committed to Just a Drop and raising this money through many creative group enterprises and sponsored individual activities. A key date in my own diary is 21 January 2011 when I will be running the Dubai Marathon.”
Fiona Jeffery, founder and chairman of Just a Drop said: “We’re delighted that Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing values the work of Just a Drop. It is a tourist board which has truly engaged with the charity.
The money raised will go towards a Just a Drop Mother & Baby clinic project in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is one of the few countries in which the life expectancy of women is lower than that of men; it has the second highest maternal mortality rate in the world. Every 30 minutes, one woman dies in Afghanistan of pregnancy related complications and problems during childbirth - nearly half of these maternal deaths could be prevented with better health care provision which starts with clean water.”
According to the charity a child dies every 20 seconds from water borne diseases. Just a Drop has to date saved the lives of over one million children and their families in 29 countries through building protected wells, installing piping and providing sanitation. Corporate partners such as DTCM who do more than Dubai holidays, ensure that Just a Drop can continue its excellent work to help the world’s poorest communities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...