The board representing Dubai holidays becomes a supporter of Just-a-Drop
The Dubai Tourism Board, one of the world's leading tourism authorities, have now vowed to donate a generous £7000 to the Just a Drop charity, an organisation providing safe, drinkable water to millions in developing countries.
Proving that they do more than promote Dubai holidays, the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), one of the world’s leading tourism authorities, has recently announced its partnership with international clean water charity, Just a Drop. Joining this cause that provides clean, potable waters to millions of people in need in remote areas of the world where a commodity like water is a scarce necessity and something of a luxury, the tourism board’s UK and Ireland representative office has pledged to donate £7,000 over one year, making it the newest corporate supporter of the charity.
Commenting on Dubai Tourism’s recent pledge and the latest phase in its corporate social responsibility activities, Ian Scott, director UK & Ireland, Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said: “The work done by Just a Drop is truly inspirational. I see providing clean water to my own children as their basic human right. So I am personally thrilled that with Dubai Tourism’s support, Just a Drop will be able to make that same clean water more accessible to children that need it so desperately. The whole team at Dubai Tourism in the UK is committed to Just a Drop and raising this money through many creative group enterprises and sponsored individual activities. A key date in my own diary is 21 January 2011 when I will be running the Dubai Marathon.”
Fiona Jeffery, founder and chairman of Just a Drop said: “We’re delighted that Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing values the work of Just a Drop. It is a tourist board which has truly engaged with the charity.
The money raised will go towards a Just a Drop Mother & Baby clinic project in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is one of the few countries in which the life expectancy of women is lower than that of men; it has the second highest maternal mortality rate in the world. Every 30 minutes, one woman dies in Afghanistan of pregnancy related complications and problems during childbirth - nearly half of these maternal deaths could be prevented with better health care provision which starts with clean water.”
According to the charity a child dies every 20 seconds from water borne diseases. Just a Drop has to date saved the lives of over one million children and their families in 29 countries through building protected wells, installing piping and providing sanitation. Corporate partners such as DTCM who do more than Dubai holidays, ensure that Just a Drop can continue its excellent work to help the world’s poorest communities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...