Costa Rica Guides list top ten spots for Costa Rica holidays
Travellers looking for sensational Costa Rica holidays will be spoilt for choice as Costa Rica Guides puts together its list of top ten destinations in the South American country, highlighting volcanic areas, rainforests, corals reefs and surfing spots.
Costa Rica Guides has revealed its list of top ten destinations for travellers planning Costa Rica holidays and has included everything from tropical rainforests and coral reefs, to surfing spots and bustling cities.
The most attractive destinations for Costa Rica holidays include:
- San Jose City – The capital city of Costa Rica combines history and modern life and is situated in the centre of the country, enabling easy access for travellers to continue their Costa Rica holidays in nearby areas of further afield.
- Arenal Volcano – This stunning region features cascading waterfalls, lush forests, caves, hot springs, lakes and picturesque towns with traditional Costa Rica hotels and guest houses. The Arenal Volcano is one of the most active volcanoes in the world today.
- Monteverde – Surrounded by nature reserves comprising rain and cloud forests, this small misty town in Puntarenas is one of the most popular tourist attractions for travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays.
- Manuel Antonio Beach – Home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, Manuel Antonio is situated on the pacific Coast, south of Quepos. Enveloped by rainforests, pristine beaches and colourful coral reefs, the area is rich in biodiversity with the help of the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach – This is a paradise for backpackers looking for surfing activities and a bustling nightlife. Surrounded by National Parks and mountains, Tamarindo is popular with environmentally-friendly travellers and has number of options for Costa Rica tours.
The remaining five top destinations during Costa Rica holidays include the Costa Rica's most visited Jaco Beach with plenty of activities including surfing, fishing and horse riding; Puerto Viejo and Cahuita with its relaxed Caribbean and Latin-influenced culture; Cahuita National Park and Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge; the peaceful village of Drake Bay which provides easy access to the breathtaking Corcovado National Park; Tortuguero, the Amazon of Costa Rica, famous for its nesting sites for turtles; and last but not least, the fishing town of Montezuma which is a popular spot for backpackers and eco-travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays, and is surrounded by rivers, waterfalls and the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...