Costa Rica Guides list top ten spots for Costa Rica holidays
Travellers looking for sensational Costa Rica holidays will be spoilt for choice as Costa Rica Guides puts together its list of top ten destinations in the South American country, highlighting volcanic areas, rainforests, corals reefs and surfing spots.
Costa Rica Guides has revealed its list of top ten destinations for travellers planning Costa Rica holidays and has included everything from tropical rainforests and coral reefs, to surfing spots and bustling cities.
The most attractive destinations for Costa Rica holidays include:
- San Jose City – The capital city of Costa Rica combines history and modern life and is situated in the centre of the country, enabling easy access for travellers to continue their Costa Rica holidays in nearby areas of further afield.
- Arenal Volcano – This stunning region features cascading waterfalls, lush forests, caves, hot springs, lakes and picturesque towns with traditional Costa Rica hotels and guest houses. The Arenal Volcano is one of the most active volcanoes in the world today.
- Monteverde – Surrounded by nature reserves comprising rain and cloud forests, this small misty town in Puntarenas is one of the most popular tourist attractions for travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays.
- Manuel Antonio Beach – Home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, Manuel Antonio is situated on the pacific Coast, south of Quepos. Enveloped by rainforests, pristine beaches and colourful coral reefs, the area is rich in biodiversity with the help of the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach – This is a paradise for backpackers looking for surfing activities and a bustling nightlife. Surrounded by National Parks and mountains, Tamarindo is popular with environmentally-friendly travellers and has number of options for Costa Rica tours.
The remaining five top destinations during Costa Rica holidays include the Costa Rica's most visited Jaco Beach with plenty of activities including surfing, fishing and horse riding; Puerto Viejo and Cahuita with its relaxed Caribbean and Latin-influenced culture; Cahuita National Park and Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge; the peaceful village of Drake Bay which provides easy access to the breathtaking Corcovado National Park; Tortuguero, the Amazon of Costa Rica, famous for its nesting sites for turtles; and last but not least, the fishing town of Montezuma which is a popular spot for backpackers and eco-travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays, and is surrounded by rivers, waterfalls and the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...