Costa Rica Guides list top ten spots for Costa Rica holidays
Travellers looking for sensational Costa Rica holidays will be spoilt for choice as Costa Rica Guides puts together its list of top ten destinations in the South American country, highlighting volcanic areas, rainforests, corals reefs and surfing spots.
Costa Rica Guides has revealed its list of top ten destinations for travellers planning Costa Rica holidays and has included everything from tropical rainforests and coral reefs, to surfing spots and bustling cities.
The most attractive destinations for Costa Rica holidays include:
- San Jose City – The capital city of Costa Rica combines history and modern life and is situated in the centre of the country, enabling easy access for travellers to continue their Costa Rica holidays in nearby areas of further afield.
- Arenal Volcano – This stunning region features cascading waterfalls, lush forests, caves, hot springs, lakes and picturesque towns with traditional Costa Rica hotels and guest houses. The Arenal Volcano is one of the most active volcanoes in the world today.
- Monteverde – Surrounded by nature reserves comprising rain and cloud forests, this small misty town in Puntarenas is one of the most popular tourist attractions for travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays.
- Manuel Antonio Beach – Home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, Manuel Antonio is situated on the pacific Coast, south of Quepos. Enveloped by rainforests, pristine beaches and colourful coral reefs, the area is rich in biodiversity with the help of the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach – This is a paradise for backpackers looking for surfing activities and a bustling nightlife. Surrounded by National Parks and mountains, Tamarindo is popular with environmentally-friendly travellers and has number of options for Costa Rica tours.
The remaining five top destinations during Costa Rica holidays include the Costa Rica's most visited Jaco Beach with plenty of activities including surfing, fishing and horse riding; Puerto Viejo and Cahuita with its relaxed Caribbean and Latin-influenced culture; Cahuita National Park and Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge; the peaceful village of Drake Bay which provides easy access to the breathtaking Corcovado National Park; Tortuguero, the Amazon of Costa Rica, famous for its nesting sites for turtles; and last but not least, the fishing town of Montezuma which is a popular spot for backpackers and eco-travellers enjoying Costa Rica holidays, and is surrounded by rivers, waterfalls and the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...