Tourism ties between Venezuela and Cuba holidays
During Fitven 2010, Venezuela's International Tourism Fair currently taking place now in Caracas, Cuba's ambassador revealed the island's plans to collaborate with the South American nation to help them improve their tourism product.
Taking the time to establish new ties during Venezuela's annual International Tourism Fair (Fitven), currently taking place in Caracas until the 14th September, the Caribbean's largest island is being quick to promote Cuba holidays in the Venezuelan market while at the same time collaborating with the South American holiday destination to aid them with the promotion of their very own tourism products. For this purpose new agreements in the areas of tourism product and especially in the area of support and assesment have been reached between the two countries.
Cuban tourism experts are working hand in hand with Venezuela to share their tourism expertise in the training and formation of tourism staff to service the country's hotel infrastructure, as well as helping with the introduction of specialised services and attractions and the promotion of holiday destinations. The Caribbean island nation is willingly lending a helping hand by sharing their tactics in the Cuba holidays market and helping them apply them to Venezuela's tourism market.
Cuba's ambassador in Venezuela, Rogelio Polanco, revealed that the Fitven fair, and more importantly the FitALBA 2010 fair (International Tourism Fair comprising the countries in the ALBA zone: Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Venenzuela) which is also taking place at the moment, will allow to tread on the topic of collaboration between all these countries.
Polanco informed that Cuban specialists in the area of tourism and Cuba holidays would shortly be arriving in Venezuela to continue with the teaching and training programme for the Venezuelan chain of hoteles Venetur. More specifically, the diplomat referred to the perfectioning of the hotel services and the direct treatment offered to guests.
He also mentioned the mutual social tourism projects implemented by both countries and between both nations, so that people with fewer material resources in the South American country would be able to take Cuba holidays and visith the Caribbean island's holiday destinations, including beaches, cities, nature and history sites.
"This was a successful prgoramme and we want to take it to different areas of the Venezuelan society" - Polanco added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...