Tourism ties between Venezuela and Cuba holidays
During Fitven 2010, Venezuela's International Tourism Fair currently taking place now in Caracas, Cuba's ambassador revealed the island's plans to collaborate with the South American nation to help them improve their tourism product.
Taking the time to establish new ties during Venezuela's annual International Tourism Fair (Fitven), currently taking place in Caracas until the 14th September, the Caribbean's largest island is being quick to promote Cuba holidays in the Venezuelan market while at the same time collaborating with the South American holiday destination to aid them with the promotion of their very own tourism products. For this purpose new agreements in the areas of tourism product and especially in the area of support and assesment have been reached between the two countries.
Cuban tourism experts are working hand in hand with Venezuela to share their tourism expertise in the training and formation of tourism staff to service the country's hotel infrastructure, as well as helping with the introduction of specialised services and attractions and the promotion of holiday destinations. The Caribbean island nation is willingly lending a helping hand by sharing their tactics in the Cuba holidays market and helping them apply them to Venezuela's tourism market.
Cuba's ambassador in Venezuela, Rogelio Polanco, revealed that the Fitven fair, and more importantly the FitALBA 2010 fair (International Tourism Fair comprising the countries in the ALBA zone: Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Venenzuela) which is also taking place at the moment, will allow to tread on the topic of collaboration between all these countries.
Polanco informed that Cuban specialists in the area of tourism and Cuba holidays would shortly be arriving in Venezuela to continue with the teaching and training programme for the Venezuelan chain of hoteles Venetur. More specifically, the diplomat referred to the perfectioning of the hotel services and the direct treatment offered to guests.
He also mentioned the mutual social tourism projects implemented by both countries and between both nations, so that people with fewer material resources in the South American country would be able to take Cuba holidays and visith the Caribbean island's holiday destinations, including beaches, cities, nature and history sites.
"This was a successful prgoramme and we want to take it to different areas of the Venezuelan society" - Polanco added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...