Tourism ties between Venezuela and Cuba holidays
During Fitven 2010, Venezuela's International Tourism Fair currently taking place now in Caracas, Cuba's ambassador revealed the island's plans to collaborate with the South American nation to help them improve their tourism product.
Taking the time to establish new ties during Venezuela's annual International Tourism Fair (Fitven), currently taking place in Caracas until the 14th September, the Caribbean's largest island is being quick to promote Cuba holidays in the Venezuelan market while at the same time collaborating with the South American holiday destination to aid them with the promotion of their very own tourism products. For this purpose new agreements in the areas of tourism product and especially in the area of support and assesment have been reached between the two countries.
Cuban tourism experts are working hand in hand with Venezuela to share their tourism expertise in the training and formation of tourism staff to service the country's hotel infrastructure, as well as helping with the introduction of specialised services and attractions and the promotion of holiday destinations. The Caribbean island nation is willingly lending a helping hand by sharing their tactics in the Cuba holidays market and helping them apply them to Venezuela's tourism market.
Cuba's ambassador in Venezuela, Rogelio Polanco, revealed that the Fitven fair, and more importantly the FitALBA 2010 fair (International Tourism Fair comprising the countries in the ALBA zone: Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Venenzuela) which is also taking place at the moment, will allow to tread on the topic of collaboration between all these countries.
Polanco informed that Cuban specialists in the area of tourism and Cuba holidays would shortly be arriving in Venezuela to continue with the teaching and training programme for the Venezuelan chain of hoteles Venetur. More specifically, the diplomat referred to the perfectioning of the hotel services and the direct treatment offered to guests.
He also mentioned the mutual social tourism projects implemented by both countries and between both nations, so that people with fewer material resources in the South American country would be able to take Cuba holidays and visith the Caribbean island's holiday destinations, including beaches, cities, nature and history sites.
"This was a successful prgoramme and we want to take it to different areas of the Venezuelan society" - Polanco added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...