Tourism ties between Venezuela and Cuba holidays
During Fitven 2010, Venezuela's International Tourism Fair currently taking place now in Caracas, Cuba's ambassador revealed the island's plans to collaborate with the South American nation to help them improve their tourism product.
Taking the time to establish new ties during Venezuela's annual International Tourism Fair (Fitven), currently taking place in Caracas until the 14th September, the Caribbean's largest island is being quick to promote Cuba holidays in the Venezuelan market while at the same time collaborating with the South American holiday destination to aid them with the promotion of their very own tourism products. For this purpose new agreements in the areas of tourism product and especially in the area of support and assesment have been reached between the two countries.
Cuban tourism experts are working hand in hand with Venezuela to share their tourism expertise in the training and formation of tourism staff to service the country's hotel infrastructure, as well as helping with the introduction of specialised services and attractions and the promotion of holiday destinations. The Caribbean island nation is willingly lending a helping hand by sharing their tactics in the Cuba holidays market and helping them apply them to Venezuela's tourism market.
Cuba's ambassador in Venezuela, Rogelio Polanco, revealed that the Fitven fair, and more importantly the FitALBA 2010 fair (International Tourism Fair comprising the countries in the ALBA zone: Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Venenzuela) which is also taking place at the moment, will allow to tread on the topic of collaboration between all these countries.
Polanco informed that Cuban specialists in the area of tourism and Cuba holidays would shortly be arriving in Venezuela to continue with the teaching and training programme for the Venezuelan chain of hoteles Venetur. More specifically, the diplomat referred to the perfectioning of the hotel services and the direct treatment offered to guests.
He also mentioned the mutual social tourism projects implemented by both countries and between both nations, so that people with fewer material resources in the South American country would be able to take Cuba holidays and visith the Caribbean island's holiday destinations, including beaches, cities, nature and history sites.
"This was a successful prgoramme and we want to take it to different areas of the Venezuelan society" - Polanco added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...