MTPA promotes Mauritius holidays towards indian market
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority will be targeting Mauritius holidays at Indian travellers as it announces India as its primary source in the region, whilst setting themselves a target of 100,000 visitor arrivals from India within a few years.
Indian tourists are being targeted by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority as it announces that India will be its primary source in the Asia market over the next few years.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) has set itself a target of 100,000 Indian travellers taking Mauritius holidays within the next few years and will be carrying out a range of marketing campaigns and strategies to reach this target.
Deputy Director of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, Vijaye Haulder, said: "The tourism board will now be expanding its trade and marketing activities to reach wider consumer segments in India both in metros and tier-II cities, thus offering customised range of holiday options both in value-for-money as well as the luxury category and segments."
Over 29,239 Indian travellers took Mauritius holidays during the first seven months of 2010, which was a 30 per cent increase compared to the same time in 2009.
With more travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and staying in luxury Mauritius hotels, the average daily spend for Indian travellers has doubled to $360 per person.
Indian travellers are choosing high end Mauritius hotels and other luxury resorts and enjoying a range of high-spending activities during their Mauritius holidays such as sky diving, submarine trips, walking with lions, quad biking, segway, adventure safaris, and sub-scooter excursions.
With direct flights and visas on arrival, Mauritius holidays are becoming increasingly accessible to travellers from India.
The Mauritius tourism board has expanded its budget and allocated 50 per cent towards promotions and marketing activities to help attract visitors from India to book Mauritius holidays and promote the stunning region as an idyllic wedding destination.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is made up of mountainous terrain, thick forests, lush greenery, white sandy beaches, sparkling warm turquoise waters and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. Solana Beach is a luxury 4-star resort that combines natural...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...