MTPA promotes Mauritius holidays towards indian market
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority will be targeting Mauritius holidays at Indian travellers as it announces India as its primary source in the region, whilst setting themselves a target of 100,000 visitor arrivals from India within a few years.
Indian tourists are being targeted by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority as it announces that India will be its primary source in the Asia market over the next few years.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) has set itself a target of 100,000 Indian travellers taking Mauritius holidays within the next few years and will be carrying out a range of marketing campaigns and strategies to reach this target.
Deputy Director of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, Vijaye Haulder, said: "The tourism board will now be expanding its trade and marketing activities to reach wider consumer segments in India both in metros and tier-II cities, thus offering customised range of holiday options both in value-for-money as well as the luxury category and segments."
Over 29,239 Indian travellers took Mauritius holidays during the first seven months of 2010, which was a 30 per cent increase compared to the same time in 2009.
With more travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and staying in luxury Mauritius hotels, the average daily spend for Indian travellers has doubled to $360 per person.
Indian travellers are choosing high end Mauritius hotels and other luxury resorts and enjoying a range of high-spending activities during their Mauritius holidays such as sky diving, submarine trips, walking with lions, quad biking, segway, adventure safaris, and sub-scooter excursions.
With direct flights and visas on arrival, Mauritius holidays are becoming increasingly accessible to travellers from India.
The Mauritius tourism board has expanded its budget and allocated 50 per cent towards promotions and marketing activities to help attract visitors from India to book Mauritius holidays and promote the stunning region as an idyllic wedding destination.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is made up of mountainous terrain, thick forests, lush greenery, white sandy beaches, sparkling warm turquoise waters and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...