MTPA promotes Mauritius holidays towards indian market
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority will be targeting Mauritius holidays at Indian travellers as it announces India as its primary source in the region, whilst setting themselves a target of 100,000 visitor arrivals from India within a few years.
Indian tourists are being targeted by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority as it announces that India will be its primary source in the Asia market over the next few years.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) has set itself a target of 100,000 Indian travellers taking Mauritius holidays within the next few years and will be carrying out a range of marketing campaigns and strategies to reach this target.
Deputy Director of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, Vijaye Haulder, said: "The tourism board will now be expanding its trade and marketing activities to reach wider consumer segments in India both in metros and tier-II cities, thus offering customised range of holiday options both in value-for-money as well as the luxury category and segments."
Over 29,239 Indian travellers took Mauritius holidays during the first seven months of 2010, which was a 30 per cent increase compared to the same time in 2009.
With more travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and staying in luxury Mauritius hotels, the average daily spend for Indian travellers has doubled to $360 per person.
Indian travellers are choosing high end Mauritius hotels and other luxury resorts and enjoying a range of high-spending activities during their Mauritius holidays such as sky diving, submarine trips, walking with lions, quad biking, segway, adventure safaris, and sub-scooter excursions.
With direct flights and visas on arrival, Mauritius holidays are becoming increasingly accessible to travellers from India.
The Mauritius tourism board has expanded its budget and allocated 50 per cent towards promotions and marketing activities to help attract visitors from India to book Mauritius holidays and promote the stunning region as an idyllic wedding destination.
Mauritius is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is made up of mountainous terrain, thick forests, lush greenery, white sandy beaches, sparkling warm turquoise waters and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Bring the kids along or come with your partner for a romantically secluded hideaway in a resort that excels at providing special separate spaces for adults and families
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Zilwa offers two experiences in one with a designated adults-only area and a separate family section
- Experience the sunrise boat trip, BBQ on the beach and treasure hunts for the little ones
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Enjoy the island paradise of Mauritius during an 8-day stay at the luxurious Long Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Occupying the...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...