Emirates' A380 aircraft to start taking UK passengers to Dubai holidays as fleet arrives in Manchester
The inaugural Emirates flight between Dubai and Manchester has just landed on Manchester Airport, marking the British city as the first regional destination to be served by the superjumbo A380 plane.
Manchester travellers are about to be served by a brand new aircraft service taking them straight to luxury Dubai holidays as an Airbus A380 operated by Emirates has finally arrived at Manchester Airport – marking the city as the first regional destination to receive the superjumbo plane.
For this, the airport has spent £10 million over the past two years just in preparation for the arrival, with Emirates now set to launch a daily service from the north of England to Dubai holidays.
The Dubai-based carrier presently operates 12 A380 aircraft, and confirmed at the Berlin Air Show in June it had ordered a further 32 from Airbus.
Speaking in Manchester this morning Maurice Flanagan, executive vice chairman of Emirates Airline, proudly revealed “as a result of our announcement in Berlin, we have had enquiries from more than twenty airports across the world, asking whether Emirates would fly the A380 to their airports”.
At present Airbus manufactures the wings for the 517-seat double-decker A380 in the UK. Emirates has operated the aircraft from London Heathrow since March 2008.
The huge plane went into passenger service with Singapore Airlines in October 2007. To date Airbus has received 234 orders for the aircraft.
Air France, Lufthansa, and Qantas also currently operate the A380.
Emirates flight EK017 arrived from Dubai at 12:25 BST yesterday, Thursday 2nd September 2010. And from here on owards it shall be taking millions of Manchester travellers to exotic Middle Eastern holidays in Dubai.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...