Emirates' A380 aircraft to start taking UK passengers to Dubai holidays as fleet arrives in Manchester
The inaugural Emirates flight between Dubai and Manchester has just landed on Manchester Airport, marking the British city as the first regional destination to be served by the superjumbo A380 plane.
Manchester travellers are about to be served by a brand new aircraft service taking them straight to luxury Dubai holidays as an Airbus A380 operated by Emirates has finally arrived at Manchester Airport – marking the city as the first regional destination to receive the superjumbo plane.
For this, the airport has spent £10 million over the past two years just in preparation for the arrival, with Emirates now set to launch a daily service from the north of England to Dubai holidays.
The Dubai-based carrier presently operates 12 A380 aircraft, and confirmed at the Berlin Air Show in June it had ordered a further 32 from Airbus.
Speaking in Manchester this morning Maurice Flanagan, executive vice chairman of Emirates Airline, proudly revealed “as a result of our announcement in Berlin, we have had enquiries from more than twenty airports across the world, asking whether Emirates would fly the A380 to their airports”.
At present Airbus manufactures the wings for the 517-seat double-decker A380 in the UK. Emirates has operated the aircraft from London Heathrow since March 2008.
The huge plane went into passenger service with Singapore Airlines in October 2007. To date Airbus has received 234 orders for the aircraft.
Air France, Lufthansa, and Qantas also currently operate the A380.
Emirates flight EK017 arrived from Dubai at 12:25 BST yesterday, Thursday 2nd September 2010. And from here on owards it shall be taking millions of Manchester travellers to exotic Middle Eastern holidays in Dubai.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...