Emirates' A380 aircraft to start taking UK passengers to Dubai holidays as fleet arrives in Manchester
The inaugural Emirates flight between Dubai and Manchester has just landed on Manchester Airport, marking the British city as the first regional destination to be served by the superjumbo A380 plane.
Manchester travellers are about to be served by a brand new aircraft service taking them straight to luxury Dubai holidays as an Airbus A380 operated by Emirates has finally arrived at Manchester Airport – marking the city as the first regional destination to receive the superjumbo plane.
For this, the airport has spent £10 million over the past two years just in preparation for the arrival, with Emirates now set to launch a daily service from the north of England to Dubai holidays.
The Dubai-based carrier presently operates 12 A380 aircraft, and confirmed at the Berlin Air Show in June it had ordered a further 32 from Airbus.
Speaking in Manchester this morning Maurice Flanagan, executive vice chairman of Emirates Airline, proudly revealed “as a result of our announcement in Berlin, we have had enquiries from more than twenty airports across the world, asking whether Emirates would fly the A380 to their airports”.
At present Airbus manufactures the wings for the 517-seat double-decker A380 in the UK. Emirates has operated the aircraft from London Heathrow since March 2008.
The huge plane went into passenger service with Singapore Airlines in October 2007. To date Airbus has received 234 orders for the aircraft.
Air France, Lufthansa, and Qantas also currently operate the A380.
Emirates flight EK017 arrived from Dubai at 12:25 BST yesterday, Thursday 2nd September 2010. And from here on owards it shall be taking millions of Manchester travellers to exotic Middle Eastern holidays in Dubai.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a taste of the unique destination of Indonesia with a trip across two of its stunning islands. Start at lush Mercure...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...