EgyptAir progresses on the Egypt holidays market with new set of fleet
Egyptair has just received its brand new fleet of Airbus A330-300 as part of the national carrier's rapid expansion and upgrading programme. The new aircraft will join the airline's family of A330-200s, A340-200s and Airbus A320 family planes.
Betting firmly on the future of Egypt holidays and counting on the increasing worldwide demand for holidays in Egypt, Egyptair has taken delivery of its first Airbus A330-300 as part of the national flag carrier rapid fleet expansion and upgrade programme.
Bringing more room and capacity to the national carrier operating domestic Egypt holidays as well as international routes, the new is being welcomed by the country's travel industry. Joining Egyptair’s existing Airbus fleet of 17 A320 family aircraft, seven A330-200s and three A340-200s, the new A330-300 will also be the first Egyptair aircraft to feature onboard communications technology, enabling passengers to benefit from cutting edge in-flight mobile phone services and wi-fi Internet access
Powered by Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, the new aircraft features 265 economy seats and 36 in business.
“This delivery is an important milestone in the history of Egyptair. We will continue to bring the latest to our customers who deserve this premium and highly competitive product” said Eng. Hussein Massoud, Chairman and CEO of Egyptair Holding Company.
“We are determined on the ambitious plan for fleet expansion and modernisation” - Massoud added.
Captain Alaa Ashour, the Chairman and CEO of Egyptair Airlines, who flew the new aircraft himself to Cairo also added that “the delivery of the first Airbus 330-300 will add value to our customer and launches new services for the first time in Egyptair.”
“We are proud to be partnering with Egyptair as they launch their new onboard communications offering on the A330.”
“Passengers can now use these innovative services from the unparalleled comfort of the A330 cabin whilst the airline will benefit from the excellent reliability and economics offered by the aircraft.”
The excellence of the Airbus aircraft has received international praise and in this case it will help the Egypt holidays industry to provide a better service and upgraded flight experience to passengers. Besides being technologically superior, Airbus aircraft share a unique cockpit and operational commonality, allowing airlines to use the same pool of pilots, cabin crews and maintenance engineers, bringing operational flexibility and resulting in significant cost savings.
“In the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), Airbus has sold around 1,000 aircraft and has a backlog of over 500. More than 500 Airbus aircraft are flying with 48 MENA operators, representing around 40 percent of the fleet in service in the region,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers.
The A330 is one of the most widely used wide body aircraft in service today. To date, Airbus has won more than 1,000 firm orders for the various versions of the aircraft. Over 700 A330s have already been delivered and the aircraft is currently flying with over 80 operators worldwide.
EgyptAir is Africa’s largest airline, and is the national flag ship carrier of Egypt, headquartered in Cairo International Airport and operating many popular national and international Egypt holidays routes. It operates scheduled passenger and freight services to more than 70 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, as well as an extensive domestic network.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Have fun in the sun, dive in the underwater gardens of the Red Sea and enjoy a myriad of activities for the whole family
- Great family resort with plenty of activities
- Only 5 minutes away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Enjoy astonishing variety of fish and marine life of the Red Sea
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...