EgyptAir progresses on the Egypt holidays market with new set of fleet
Egyptair has just received its brand new fleet of Airbus A330-300 as part of the national carrier's rapid expansion and upgrading programme. The new aircraft will join the airline's family of A330-200s, A340-200s and Airbus A320 family planes.
Betting firmly on the future of Egypt holidays and counting on the increasing worldwide demand for holidays in Egypt, Egyptair has taken delivery of its first Airbus A330-300 as part of the national flag carrier rapid fleet expansion and upgrade programme.
Bringing more room and capacity to the national carrier operating domestic Egypt holidays as well as international routes, the new is being welcomed by the country's travel industry. Joining Egyptair’s existing Airbus fleet of 17 A320 family aircraft, seven A330-200s and three A340-200s, the new A330-300 will also be the first Egyptair aircraft to feature onboard communications technology, enabling passengers to benefit from cutting edge in-flight mobile phone services and wi-fi Internet access
Powered by Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, the new aircraft features 265 economy seats and 36 in business.
“This delivery is an important milestone in the history of Egyptair. We will continue to bring the latest to our customers who deserve this premium and highly competitive product” said Eng. Hussein Massoud, Chairman and CEO of Egyptair Holding Company.
“We are determined on the ambitious plan for fleet expansion and modernisation” - Massoud added.
Captain Alaa Ashour, the Chairman and CEO of Egyptair Airlines, who flew the new aircraft himself to Cairo also added that “the delivery of the first Airbus 330-300 will add value to our customer and launches new services for the first time in Egyptair.”
“We are proud to be partnering with Egyptair as they launch their new onboard communications offering on the A330.”
“Passengers can now use these innovative services from the unparalleled comfort of the A330 cabin whilst the airline will benefit from the excellent reliability and economics offered by the aircraft.”
The excellence of the Airbus aircraft has received international praise and in this case it will help the Egypt holidays industry to provide a better service and upgraded flight experience to passengers. Besides being technologically superior, Airbus aircraft share a unique cockpit and operational commonality, allowing airlines to use the same pool of pilots, cabin crews and maintenance engineers, bringing operational flexibility and resulting in significant cost savings.
“In the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), Airbus has sold around 1,000 aircraft and has a backlog of over 500. More than 500 Airbus aircraft are flying with 48 MENA operators, representing around 40 percent of the fleet in service in the region,” said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers.
The A330 is one of the most widely used wide body aircraft in service today. To date, Airbus has won more than 1,000 firm orders for the various versions of the aircraft. Over 700 A330s have already been delivered and the aircraft is currently flying with over 80 operators worldwide.
EgyptAir is Africa’s largest airline, and is the national flag ship carrier of Egypt, headquartered in Cairo International Airport and operating many popular national and international Egypt holidays routes. It operates scheduled passenger and freight services to more than 70 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, as well as an extensive domestic network.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...