President launches new vision to encourage travellers to book Seychelles holidays
The President of the Seychelles, James Michel, has launched a new tourism vision and is appealing to the tourism industry to help the government devise a new plan to attract more travellers from all over the world to take Seychelles holidays.
James Michel, President of the Seychelles, is appealing to the tourism industry to work with the government and come up with a new national tourism development plan and promote his vision to encourage travellers to book Seychelles holidays.
The President called upon Seychelles hotels and businesses in the tourism industry at a gathering held at the Tourism & Cultural Village, Domain de Val Pres last week and said that the Seychelles brand would offer a new approach towards the development of tourism for the country in order to attract more visitors to enjoy Seychelles holidays.
He said: "We can no longer go out there in the global village with only our sun, sea, and sand tags. The Seychelles brand goes beyond the physical beauty of our islands. It is the long-awaited and much-talked-about bridge that brings Seychellois social cohesion, arts, history, and culture closer to other civilizations.
"Visitors to Seychelles can identify the distinct nature of Seychellois hospitality, our way of life, and the unique beauty of our nature, and the warmth of our people. Above all, it is a new dynamism. It encapsulates the spirit of Seychellois entrepreneurship in the industry. It will reaffirm and open avenues for Seychellois ownership in tourism-related enterprises. I strongly believe in the ownership of this vital industry by Seychellois. We have to continue to reinforce the structures and enhance the conditions to allow our people to become key stakeholders in the tourism industry."
President Michel stated that the Seychelles Tourism Board would be working with the Planning Authority and the Licensing Authority and will be issuing a new annual quality assurance label to tourism establishments which will guarantee "Seychelles Tourism Assurance" by the Seychelles Tourist Board for visitors enjoying luxury holidays in the Seychelles.
"We will streamline our policies in the management, conservation, and promotion of our national heritage. Government has decided to set up a body that will provide for better networking amongst all agencies that have a stake in managing our historical, cultural, and environmental sites. This body will ensure that there is harmony in common policies and standards, ensure better coordination, and set best practices," added President Michel.
The number of travellers taking Seychelles holidays so far this year has increased by 12 percent in comparison to 2009 with the peak number of visitors enjoying their holidays in the Indian Ocean destination during May, June and July.
The President added that Seychelles will continue to be marketed abroad under the slogan: The Seychelles Islands, Another World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...