Canadian group explores sustainability of Cuba holidays with Edu-tourism
A non for profit Canadian group operating in the tourism area of educational travel, CETA (Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative) has chosen Havana as the destination for their annual international covention on sustainable edu-tourism.
The Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative (CETA) has selected Havana as the destination for the annual international conference on sustainable edutourism (otherwise known as education tourism focusin on Cuba holidays that help the visitor gain knowledge about what the daily day-to-day life is like for Cubans).
A non for profit Canadian group, CETA has a mandate of raising the awareness of the social and economic impact of sustainable tourism though education, culture and the environment.
Lana Wood, president and chair of CETA, recently announced the group's partnership with the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) and the Sol Melia chain of Spanish hotels (which currently accounts with 24 hotels in Cuba, scattered all throughout the island's main resorts) to host the international conference. The date set for the conference, during which the prospect of educational Cuba holidays will be explored, will be between 8th-9th November, 2010.
Speaking on the subject of learning trips and culturally enriching Cuba holidays, leading international experts from the education, tourism and hospitality industries will provide insight, stimulate discussions and facilitate capacity building sessions to identify and move forward with creating sustainable tourism initiatives for inspiring Cuba holidays.
“Cuba has focused heavily on tourism, culture and education over the past few decades, working hard to create a sustainable edutourism destination and it was for this reason that it was chosen as the location for this important International event,” Wood noted.
“With the ever-changing economy, it is more important than ever to develop a tourism market that does not simply rely on ‘vacation’ travel. It has become necessary to combine work and vacation together for financial and time constraints. Additionally, the large baby boomer market will be less content with package vacations and will be motivated by travel that combines cultural and educational aspects,” she added.
On his part, talking about the potential of educative Cuba holidays, Simon Hudson, chair of the Tourism and Economic Development Department at the University of South Carolina agreed:
“According to many marketing experts, marketing in the 21st century is all about delivering the customer experience. Over the next 10 years people will increasingly want to be differentiated by what they do, not what they buy, and this will drive a desire for experience-driven travel. Future generations of consumers will have more discretionary income, less time and more choices, and will display entirely new spending patterns, depending on age, geography and wealth. Customers will be looking for an experience, and not just a product. A passion for 'doing' rather than 'having' will likely double the number of consumers flying by 2020,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...