Canadian group explores sustainability of Cuba holidays with Edu-tourism
A non for profit Canadian group operating in the tourism area of educational travel, CETA (Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative) has chosen Havana as the destination for their annual international covention on sustainable edu-tourism.
The Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative (CETA) has selected Havana as the destination for the annual international conference on sustainable edutourism (otherwise known as education tourism focusin on Cuba holidays that help the visitor gain knowledge about what the daily day-to-day life is like for Cubans).
A non for profit Canadian group, CETA has a mandate of raising the awareness of the social and economic impact of sustainable tourism though education, culture and the environment.
Lana Wood, president and chair of CETA, recently announced the group's partnership with the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) and the Sol Melia chain of Spanish hotels (which currently accounts with 24 hotels in Cuba, scattered all throughout the island's main resorts) to host the international conference. The date set for the conference, during which the prospect of educational Cuba holidays will be explored, will be between 8th-9th November, 2010.
Speaking on the subject of learning trips and culturally enriching Cuba holidays, leading international experts from the education, tourism and hospitality industries will provide insight, stimulate discussions and facilitate capacity building sessions to identify and move forward with creating sustainable tourism initiatives for inspiring Cuba holidays.
“Cuba has focused heavily on tourism, culture and education over the past few decades, working hard to create a sustainable edutourism destination and it was for this reason that it was chosen as the location for this important International event,” Wood noted.
“With the ever-changing economy, it is more important than ever to develop a tourism market that does not simply rely on ‘vacation’ travel. It has become necessary to combine work and vacation together for financial and time constraints. Additionally, the large baby boomer market will be less content with package vacations and will be motivated by travel that combines cultural and educational aspects,” she added.
On his part, talking about the potential of educative Cuba holidays, Simon Hudson, chair of the Tourism and Economic Development Department at the University of South Carolina agreed:
“According to many marketing experts, marketing in the 21st century is all about delivering the customer experience. Over the next 10 years people will increasingly want to be differentiated by what they do, not what they buy, and this will drive a desire for experience-driven travel. Future generations of consumers will have more discretionary income, less time and more choices, and will display entirely new spending patterns, depending on age, geography and wealth. Customers will be looking for an experience, and not just a product. A passion for 'doing' rather than 'having' will likely double the number of consumers flying by 2020,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...