Canadian group explores sustainability of Cuba holidays with Edu-tourism
A non for profit Canadian group operating in the tourism area of educational travel, CETA (Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative) has chosen Havana as the destination for their annual international covention on sustainable edu-tourism.
The Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative (CETA) has selected Havana as the destination for the annual international conference on sustainable edutourism (otherwise known as education tourism focusin on Cuba holidays that help the visitor gain knowledge about what the daily day-to-day life is like for Cubans).
A non for profit Canadian group, CETA has a mandate of raising the awareness of the social and economic impact of sustainable tourism though education, culture and the environment.
Lana Wood, president and chair of CETA, recently announced the group's partnership with the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) and the Sol Melia chain of Spanish hotels (which currently accounts with 24 hotels in Cuba, scattered all throughout the island's main resorts) to host the international conference. The date set for the conference, during which the prospect of educational Cuba holidays will be explored, will be between 8th-9th November, 2010.
Speaking on the subject of learning trips and culturally enriching Cuba holidays, leading international experts from the education, tourism and hospitality industries will provide insight, stimulate discussions and facilitate capacity building sessions to identify and move forward with creating sustainable tourism initiatives for inspiring Cuba holidays.
“Cuba has focused heavily on tourism, culture and education over the past few decades, working hard to create a sustainable edutourism destination and it was for this reason that it was chosen as the location for this important International event,” Wood noted.
“With the ever-changing economy, it is more important than ever to develop a tourism market that does not simply rely on ‘vacation’ travel. It has become necessary to combine work and vacation together for financial and time constraints. Additionally, the large baby boomer market will be less content with package vacations and will be motivated by travel that combines cultural and educational aspects,” she added.
On his part, talking about the potential of educative Cuba holidays, Simon Hudson, chair of the Tourism and Economic Development Department at the University of South Carolina agreed:
“According to many marketing experts, marketing in the 21st century is all about delivering the customer experience. Over the next 10 years people will increasingly want to be differentiated by what they do, not what they buy, and this will drive a desire for experience-driven travel. Future generations of consumers will have more discretionary income, less time and more choices, and will display entirely new spending patterns, depending on age, geography and wealth. Customers will be looking for an experience, and not just a product. A passion for 'doing' rather than 'having' will likely double the number of consumers flying by 2020,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...