Canadian group explores sustainability of Cuba holidays with Edu-tourism
A non for profit Canadian group operating in the tourism area of educational travel, CETA (Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative) has chosen Havana as the destination for their annual international covention on sustainable edu-tourism.
The Canadian EduTourism Association Cooperative (CETA) has selected Havana as the destination for the annual international conference on sustainable edutourism (otherwise known as education tourism focusin on Cuba holidays that help the visitor gain knowledge about what the daily day-to-day life is like for Cubans).
A non for profit Canadian group, CETA has a mandate of raising the awareness of the social and economic impact of sustainable tourism though education, culture and the environment.
Lana Wood, president and chair of CETA, recently announced the group's partnership with the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) and the Sol Melia chain of Spanish hotels (which currently accounts with 24 hotels in Cuba, scattered all throughout the island's main resorts) to host the international conference. The date set for the conference, during which the prospect of educational Cuba holidays will be explored, will be between 8th-9th November, 2010.
Speaking on the subject of learning trips and culturally enriching Cuba holidays, leading international experts from the education, tourism and hospitality industries will provide insight, stimulate discussions and facilitate capacity building sessions to identify and move forward with creating sustainable tourism initiatives for inspiring Cuba holidays.
“Cuba has focused heavily on tourism, culture and education over the past few decades, working hard to create a sustainable edutourism destination and it was for this reason that it was chosen as the location for this important International event,” Wood noted.
“With the ever-changing economy, it is more important than ever to develop a tourism market that does not simply rely on ‘vacation’ travel. It has become necessary to combine work and vacation together for financial and time constraints. Additionally, the large baby boomer market will be less content with package vacations and will be motivated by travel that combines cultural and educational aspects,” she added.
On his part, talking about the potential of educative Cuba holidays, Simon Hudson, chair of the Tourism and Economic Development Department at the University of South Carolina agreed:
“According to many marketing experts, marketing in the 21st century is all about delivering the customer experience. Over the next 10 years people will increasingly want to be differentiated by what they do, not what they buy, and this will drive a desire for experience-driven travel. Future generations of consumers will have more discretionary income, less time and more choices, and will display entirely new spending patterns, depending on age, geography and wealth. Customers will be looking for an experience, and not just a product. A passion for 'doing' rather than 'having' will likely double the number of consumers flying by 2020,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...