St Lucia holiday industry receives Global Accolades
The recent increase in travellers taking St. Lucia holidays has led to a significant rise in visitor arrivals during the first half of 2010 which is being matched by numerous accolades for the Caribbean island country and its luxury resorts.
St. Lucia tourism officials say that St. Lucia is seeing a welcome boosts in tourism thanks to the increase in number of tourists taking St. Lucia holidays during the first half of 2010 and the recent number of global accolades being awarded to the idyllic Caribbean island.
St. Lucia has received recent awards including "Best Caribbean Island in 2010" by Porthole Magazine and was named the "World's Leading Honeymoon Destination" for the seventh year at the WorldTravel Awards.
Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis, said: "Although we don't focus on winning awards, when we do win them, it reassures the entire nation that our efforts to give of our very best are bearing fruit."
Many St. Lucia hotels, resorts and regions have also been recognised including Ladera which made Conde Nast Traveler's "2010 Gold List"; the Fond Doux Plantation was named the second "Best Plantation Retreat in the World," by The Guardian in the UK; and the AAA Five Diamond Jade Mountain resort was ranked as "World's Best Service" in a recent edition of Travel & Leisure Magazine.
Prime Minister of St. Lucia, Stephenson King and Senator Allen Chastanet paid tribute to staff at of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain for their major awards and providing luxury St. Lucia holidays for travellers from all over the world.
Prime Minister King said to staff members in a special presentation: "You, more than anyone else, know of your commitment to your task, to your job, to the business of tourism that you are involved in; but by winning these highly coveted awards, you demonstrate unequivocally that commitment to the world."
Senator Chastanet made a special presentation to the management team of Jade Mountain and praised the resort owners for choosing St. Lucia as the destination to establish their tranquil sanctuaries and luxury accommodation for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...