St Lucia holiday industry receives Global Accolades
The recent increase in travellers taking St. Lucia holidays has led to a significant rise in visitor arrivals during the first half of 2010 which is being matched by numerous accolades for the Caribbean island country and its luxury resorts.
St. Lucia tourism officials say that St. Lucia is seeing a welcome boosts in tourism thanks to the increase in number of tourists taking St. Lucia holidays during the first half of 2010 and the recent number of global accolades being awarded to the idyllic Caribbean island.
St. Lucia has received recent awards including "Best Caribbean Island in 2010" by Porthole Magazine and was named the "World's Leading Honeymoon Destination" for the seventh year at the WorldTravel Awards.
Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis, said: "Although we don't focus on winning awards, when we do win them, it reassures the entire nation that our efforts to give of our very best are bearing fruit."
Many St. Lucia hotels, resorts and regions have also been recognised including Ladera which made Conde Nast Traveler's "2010 Gold List"; the Fond Doux Plantation was named the second "Best Plantation Retreat in the World," by The Guardian in the UK; and the AAA Five Diamond Jade Mountain resort was ranked as "World's Best Service" in a recent edition of Travel & Leisure Magazine.
Prime Minister of St. Lucia, Stephenson King and Senator Allen Chastanet paid tribute to staff at of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain for their major awards and providing luxury St. Lucia holidays for travellers from all over the world.
Prime Minister King said to staff members in a special presentation: "You, more than anyone else, know of your commitment to your task, to your job, to the business of tourism that you are involved in; but by winning these highly coveted awards, you demonstrate unequivocally that commitment to the world."
Senator Chastanet made a special presentation to the management team of Jade Mountain and praised the resort owners for choosing St. Lucia as the destination to establish their tranquil sanctuaries and luxury accommodation for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...