St Lucia holiday industry receives Global Accolades
The recent increase in travellers taking St. Lucia holidays has led to a significant rise in visitor arrivals during the first half of 2010 which is being matched by numerous accolades for the Caribbean island country and its luxury resorts.
St. Lucia tourism officials say that St. Lucia is seeing a welcome boosts in tourism thanks to the increase in number of tourists taking St. Lucia holidays during the first half of 2010 and the recent number of global accolades being awarded to the idyllic Caribbean island.
St. Lucia has received recent awards including "Best Caribbean Island in 2010" by Porthole Magazine and was named the "World's Leading Honeymoon Destination" for the seventh year at the WorldTravel Awards.
Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis, said: "Although we don't focus on winning awards, when we do win them, it reassures the entire nation that our efforts to give of our very best are bearing fruit."
Many St. Lucia hotels, resorts and regions have also been recognised including Ladera which made Conde Nast Traveler's "2010 Gold List"; the Fond Doux Plantation was named the second "Best Plantation Retreat in the World," by The Guardian in the UK; and the AAA Five Diamond Jade Mountain resort was ranked as "World's Best Service" in a recent edition of Travel & Leisure Magazine.
Prime Minister of St. Lucia, Stephenson King and Senator Allen Chastanet paid tribute to staff at of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain for their major awards and providing luxury St. Lucia holidays for travellers from all over the world.
Prime Minister King said to staff members in a special presentation: "You, more than anyone else, know of your commitment to your task, to your job, to the business of tourism that you are involved in; but by winning these highly coveted awards, you demonstrate unequivocally that commitment to the world."
Senator Chastanet made a special presentation to the management team of Jade Mountain and praised the resort owners for choosing St. Lucia as the destination to establish their tranquil sanctuaries and luxury accommodation for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...