Cuba holidays for the lovers of Ceramic Art with Contemporary Exhibition in Havana
Running until the 31st August, Havana's Contemporary Ceramic Art Exhibition will be open to public visitors over the next couple of weeks at the White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis in Old Havana, as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics.
Those in love with beautifully crafted, handmade, ceramic art will be in luck if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the next couple of weeks. Much to their delight an exhibition which includes sculptures, installations and projects, organised by the National Museum of Contemporary Cuban Ceramics, will be on display until 31st August in Old Havana at the popular White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis.
The exhibition, to be experienced during Cuba holidays as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics, includes 39 works by 37 artists and a personal exhibition by Carlos Enrique Prado Herrera, a three-dimensional installation consisting of eight digital impressions.
Artists like Osmani Betancourt, Teresa Sánchez Bravo, Humberto Díaz Pérez, Ioan Carratalá Corrales and Jenny Feal Gomez, among others, are exhibiting their works, which invite reflection on the validity of sculpture and its many applications.
This year the biennial included, for the first time - projects like the work Garden, by Javier Martinez and Tobias Martinez and which earned them the special prize in the contest organized by the Museum on June 15.
Ibis Ana Rivero, a specialist of the institution, highlighted the presence of young artists in this event and the hard effort put by the participants, considering the difficult economic conditions of today, and the shortage of working materials, especially for a discipline such as ceramics.
Organising Committee Chairman of the Biennale, Alejandro Alonso, told AIN that the objective of this event is to boost ceramics being considered as another expression of art.
Each Biennial responds to characteristics of the moments through the development of art in Cuba and is the daughter of the effort made by artists who have chosen this event as the bearer of aesthetic concerns, said Alonso.
For art enthusiasts looking for a bit of art to inspire their Cuba holidays, the exhibition shows the high level of aesthetics achieved by ceramics in Cuba, as well as the diversity of different approaches used by the artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...