Cuba holidays for the lovers of Ceramic Art with Contemporary Exhibition in Havana
Running until the 31st August, Havana's Contemporary Ceramic Art Exhibition will be open to public visitors over the next couple of weeks at the White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis in Old Havana, as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics.
Those in love with beautifully crafted, handmade, ceramic art will be in luck if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the next couple of weeks. Much to their delight an exhibition which includes sculptures, installations and projects, organised by the National Museum of Contemporary Cuban Ceramics, will be on display until 31st August in Old Havana at the popular White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis.
The exhibition, to be experienced during Cuba holidays as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics, includes 39 works by 37 artists and a personal exhibition by Carlos Enrique Prado Herrera, a three-dimensional installation consisting of eight digital impressions.
Artists like Osmani Betancourt, Teresa Sánchez Bravo, Humberto Díaz Pérez, Ioan Carratalá Corrales and Jenny Feal Gomez, among others, are exhibiting their works, which invite reflection on the validity of sculpture and its many applications.
This year the biennial included, for the first time - projects like the work Garden, by Javier Martinez and Tobias Martinez and which earned them the special prize in the contest organized by the Museum on June 15.
Ibis Ana Rivero, a specialist of the institution, highlighted the presence of young artists in this event and the hard effort put by the participants, considering the difficult economic conditions of today, and the shortage of working materials, especially for a discipline such as ceramics.
Organising Committee Chairman of the Biennale, Alejandro Alonso, told AIN that the objective of this event is to boost ceramics being considered as another expression of art.
Each Biennial responds to characteristics of the moments through the development of art in Cuba and is the daughter of the effort made by artists who have chosen this event as the bearer of aesthetic concerns, said Alonso.
For art enthusiasts looking for a bit of art to inspire their Cuba holidays, the exhibition shows the high level of aesthetics achieved by ceramics in Cuba, as well as the diversity of different approaches used by the artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...