Cuba holidays for the lovers of Ceramic Art with Contemporary Exhibition in Havana
Running until the 31st August, Havana's Contemporary Ceramic Art Exhibition will be open to public visitors over the next couple of weeks at the White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis in Old Havana, as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics.
Those in love with beautifully crafted, handmade, ceramic art will be in luck if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the next couple of weeks. Much to their delight an exhibition which includes sculptures, installations and projects, organised by the National Museum of Contemporary Cuban Ceramics, will be on display until 31st August in Old Havana at the popular White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis.
The exhibition, to be experienced during Cuba holidays as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics, includes 39 works by 37 artists and a personal exhibition by Carlos Enrique Prado Herrera, a three-dimensional installation consisting of eight digital impressions.
Artists like Osmani Betancourt, Teresa Sánchez Bravo, Humberto Díaz Pérez, Ioan Carratalá Corrales and Jenny Feal Gomez, among others, are exhibiting their works, which invite reflection on the validity of sculpture and its many applications.
This year the biennial included, for the first time - projects like the work Garden, by Javier Martinez and Tobias Martinez and which earned them the special prize in the contest organized by the Museum on June 15.
Ibis Ana Rivero, a specialist of the institution, highlighted the presence of young artists in this event and the hard effort put by the participants, considering the difficult economic conditions of today, and the shortage of working materials, especially for a discipline such as ceramics.
Organising Committee Chairman of the Biennale, Alejandro Alonso, told AIN that the objective of this event is to boost ceramics being considered as another expression of art.
Each Biennial responds to characteristics of the moments through the development of art in Cuba and is the daughter of the effort made by artists who have chosen this event as the bearer of aesthetic concerns, said Alonso.
For art enthusiasts looking for a bit of art to inspire their Cuba holidays, the exhibition shows the high level of aesthetics achieved by ceramics in Cuba, as well as the diversity of different approaches used by the artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...