Sandals Jamaica hotel changes name as hotelier scraps Royal Plantation brand
Sandals is scrapping the Royal Plantation Caribbean brand before it had a chance to properly develop, as the company believes that simple is better and decide to re-name all resorts under just one brand, the Sandals Resorts brand.
The end for Royal Plantation Caribbean holidays is near even before it had officially begun to expand as Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has confirmed it will scrap the Royal Plantation Collection in September this year.
Properties presently operating under the brand will be re-launched as Sandals Resorts or operated independently, the company confirmed in a statement.
Following a year long process, the properties, talent and practices presently utilised by the Royal Plantation brand will now been transferred to the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included portfolio, explained chairman Gordon Stewart.
Commenting on why the Royal Plantation brand was no longer he added: "“We have been on a long and determined journey for the last ten years to develop Sandals Resorts into a true luxury product. When we introduced the Royal Plantation brand in 2000, it allowed us [Sandals Resorts International] to acquire properties, talent and practices that have now become part of the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included® experience. Our reasons for a second brand no longer exist. Sandals Resorts defines luxury within our company.
"We are confident in our product and feel now is the time to bring the family together,” - he explained.
As a part of the brand restructuring, Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, Jamaica will become Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and like all Sandals Resorts, will be for couples only.
The statement release by Sandals assured travellers planning to take Jamaica holidays that the resort will remain open during the transition and guest services will not be at all interrupted.
Sandals Royal Plantation, which offers 74 oceanfront suites, joins sister property Sandals Emerald Bay in providing every couple with a professionally-trained butler during their stay and will embrace all of the amenities that Sandals Resorts is known for including a Red Lane Spa, gourmet a la carte dining and luxury accommodations.
All villas operating under the Royal Plantation brand, Royal Plantation Island, Exumas will revert to its original name, Fowl Cay Resort; while Royal Plantation Private Villas, located in Discovery Bay, Ocho Rios and Whitehouse, Jamaica, will retain its name.
These properties will not become part of Sandals Resorts and will be marketed independently.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...