Sandals Jamaica hotel changes name as hotelier scraps Royal Plantation brand
Sandals is scrapping the Royal Plantation Caribbean brand before it had a chance to properly develop, as the company believes that simple is better and decide to re-name all resorts under just one brand, the Sandals Resorts brand.
The end for Royal Plantation Caribbean holidays is near even before it had officially begun to expand as Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has confirmed it will scrap the Royal Plantation Collection in September this year.
Properties presently operating under the brand will be re-launched as Sandals Resorts or operated independently, the company confirmed in a statement.
Following a year long process, the properties, talent and practices presently utilised by the Royal Plantation brand will now been transferred to the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included portfolio, explained chairman Gordon Stewart.
Commenting on why the Royal Plantation brand was no longer he added: "“We have been on a long and determined journey for the last ten years to develop Sandals Resorts into a true luxury product. When we introduced the Royal Plantation brand in 2000, it allowed us [Sandals Resorts International] to acquire properties, talent and practices that have now become part of the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included® experience. Our reasons for a second brand no longer exist. Sandals Resorts defines luxury within our company.
"We are confident in our product and feel now is the time to bring the family together,” - he explained.
As a part of the brand restructuring, Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, Jamaica will become Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and like all Sandals Resorts, will be for couples only.
The statement release by Sandals assured travellers planning to take Jamaica holidays that the resort will remain open during the transition and guest services will not be at all interrupted.
Sandals Royal Plantation, which offers 74 oceanfront suites, joins sister property Sandals Emerald Bay in providing every couple with a professionally-trained butler during their stay and will embrace all of the amenities that Sandals Resorts is known for including a Red Lane Spa, gourmet a la carte dining and luxury accommodations.
All villas operating under the Royal Plantation brand, Royal Plantation Island, Exumas will revert to its original name, Fowl Cay Resort; while Royal Plantation Private Villas, located in Discovery Bay, Ocho Rios and Whitehouse, Jamaica, will retain its name.
These properties will not become part of Sandals Resorts and will be marketed independently.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...