Sandals Jamaica hotel changes name as hotelier scraps Royal Plantation brand
Sandals is scrapping the Royal Plantation Caribbean brand before it had a chance to properly develop, as the company believes that simple is better and decide to re-name all resorts under just one brand, the Sandals Resorts brand.
The end for Royal Plantation Caribbean holidays is near even before it had officially begun to expand as Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has confirmed it will scrap the Royal Plantation Collection in September this year.
Properties presently operating under the brand will be re-launched as Sandals Resorts or operated independently, the company confirmed in a statement.
Following a year long process, the properties, talent and practices presently utilised by the Royal Plantation brand will now been transferred to the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included portfolio, explained chairman Gordon Stewart.
Commenting on why the Royal Plantation brand was no longer he added: "“We have been on a long and determined journey for the last ten years to develop Sandals Resorts into a true luxury product. When we introduced the Royal Plantation brand in 2000, it allowed us [Sandals Resorts International] to acquire properties, talent and practices that have now become part of the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included® experience. Our reasons for a second brand no longer exist. Sandals Resorts defines luxury within our company.
"We are confident in our product and feel now is the time to bring the family together,” - he explained.
As a part of the brand restructuring, Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, Jamaica will become Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and like all Sandals Resorts, will be for couples only.
The statement release by Sandals assured travellers planning to take Jamaica holidays that the resort will remain open during the transition and guest services will not be at all interrupted.
Sandals Royal Plantation, which offers 74 oceanfront suites, joins sister property Sandals Emerald Bay in providing every couple with a professionally-trained butler during their stay and will embrace all of the amenities that Sandals Resorts is known for including a Red Lane Spa, gourmet a la carte dining and luxury accommodations.
All villas operating under the Royal Plantation brand, Royal Plantation Island, Exumas will revert to its original name, Fowl Cay Resort; while Royal Plantation Private Villas, located in Discovery Bay, Ocho Rios and Whitehouse, Jamaica, will retain its name.
These properties will not become part of Sandals Resorts and will be marketed independently.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...