Sandals Jamaica hotel changes name as hotelier scraps Royal Plantation brand
Sandals is scrapping the Royal Plantation Caribbean brand before it had a chance to properly develop, as the company believes that simple is better and decide to re-name all resorts under just one brand, the Sandals Resorts brand.
The end for Royal Plantation Caribbean holidays is near even before it had officially begun to expand as Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has confirmed it will scrap the Royal Plantation Collection in September this year.
Properties presently operating under the brand will be re-launched as Sandals Resorts or operated independently, the company confirmed in a statement.
Following a year long process, the properties, talent and practices presently utilised by the Royal Plantation brand will now been transferred to the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included portfolio, explained chairman Gordon Stewart.
Commenting on why the Royal Plantation brand was no longer he added: "“We have been on a long and determined journey for the last ten years to develop Sandals Resorts into a true luxury product. When we introduced the Royal Plantation brand in 2000, it allowed us [Sandals Resorts International] to acquire properties, talent and practices that have now become part of the Sandals Resorts Luxury Included® experience. Our reasons for a second brand no longer exist. Sandals Resorts defines luxury within our company.
"We are confident in our product and feel now is the time to bring the family together,” - he explained.
As a part of the brand restructuring, Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, Jamaica will become Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and like all Sandals Resorts, will be for couples only.
The statement release by Sandals assured travellers planning to take Jamaica holidays that the resort will remain open during the transition and guest services will not be at all interrupted.
Sandals Royal Plantation, which offers 74 oceanfront suites, joins sister property Sandals Emerald Bay in providing every couple with a professionally-trained butler during their stay and will embrace all of the amenities that Sandals Resorts is known for including a Red Lane Spa, gourmet a la carte dining and luxury accommodations.
All villas operating under the Royal Plantation brand, Royal Plantation Island, Exumas will revert to its original name, Fowl Cay Resort; while Royal Plantation Private Villas, located in Discovery Bay, Ocho Rios and Whitehouse, Jamaica, will retain its name.
These properties will not become part of Sandals Resorts and will be marketed independently.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...