Qatar Airways increase daily flights to Egypt
Middle East airline, Qatar Airways has expanded its flights to Egypt by introducing additional services to Luxor and Alexandria providing passengers with daily flights to both Egypt destinations commencing from August 2010.
Travellers will be able to enjoy a wider choice of flights to Egypt as Qatar Airways expands its services to Luxor and Alexandria. Qatar Airways will be operating daily flights to Luxor and Alexandria from the previous four weekly services and with existing daily flights to Cairo already in place, the airline will now be providing travellers with 21 fights to Egypt each week.
The Alexandria flights commence on 2nd August and the Luxor flights will begin on 1st September 2010. The airline's increase in flights to Egypt allows it to accommodate business and leisure travellers visiting the region and also provide flexible connections to other key destinations including Melbourne, Australia, Europe, the Middle and Far East and the GCC.
Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Airways, Akbar Al Baker, commented:
"We are very pleased to be able to provide daily flights to both Alexandria and Luxor. Added to our daily Boeing 777 services to Cairo, Qatar Airways now offers customers a fantastic service across Egypt.
"The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has highlighted Africa as one of the most important growth markets for aviation over the next 20 years, and Qatar Airways is committed to making further inroads into this dynamic continent to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities available."
Mr Al Baker added: "On behalf of Qatar Airways, I would like to applaud the Egyptian authorities for their efforts in making these latest route enhancements possible."
The additional flights to Egypt will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft and will be able to seat 144 passengers with First Class and Economy Class categories. This year, Qatar Airways has launched seven new routes from its hub in Doha including Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Bangalore, and Buenos Aires.
The airline is planning on expanding its international network during a four-month period this October and will be introducing six new routes from Doha to Bucharest, Brussels, Budapest, Nice, Hanoi, and Phuket.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...