Qatar Airways increase daily flights to Egypt
Middle East airline, Qatar Airways has expanded its flights to Egypt by introducing additional services to Luxor and Alexandria providing passengers with daily flights to both Egypt destinations commencing from August 2010.
Travellers will be able to enjoy a wider choice of flights to Egypt as Qatar Airways expands its services to Luxor and Alexandria. Qatar Airways will be operating daily flights to Luxor and Alexandria from the previous four weekly services and with existing daily flights to Cairo already in place, the airline will now be providing travellers with 21 fights to Egypt each week.
The Alexandria flights commence on 2nd August and the Luxor flights will begin on 1st September 2010. The airline's increase in flights to Egypt allows it to accommodate business and leisure travellers visiting the region and also provide flexible connections to other key destinations including Melbourne, Australia, Europe, the Middle and Far East and the GCC.
Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Airways, Akbar Al Baker, commented:
"We are very pleased to be able to provide daily flights to both Alexandria and Luxor. Added to our daily Boeing 777 services to Cairo, Qatar Airways now offers customers a fantastic service across Egypt.
"The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has highlighted Africa as one of the most important growth markets for aviation over the next 20 years, and Qatar Airways is committed to making further inroads into this dynamic continent to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities available."
Mr Al Baker added: "On behalf of Qatar Airways, I would like to applaud the Egyptian authorities for their efforts in making these latest route enhancements possible."
The additional flights to Egypt will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft and will be able to seat 144 passengers with First Class and Economy Class categories. This year, Qatar Airways has launched seven new routes from its hub in Doha including Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Bangalore, and Buenos Aires.
The airline is planning on expanding its international network during a four-month period this October and will be introducing six new routes from Doha to Bucharest, Brussels, Budapest, Nice, Hanoi, and Phuket.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...