Qatar Airways increase daily flights to Egypt
Middle East airline, Qatar Airways has expanded its flights to Egypt by introducing additional services to Luxor and Alexandria providing passengers with daily flights to both Egypt destinations commencing from August 2010.
Travellers will be able to enjoy a wider choice of flights to Egypt as Qatar Airways expands its services to Luxor and Alexandria. Qatar Airways will be operating daily flights to Luxor and Alexandria from the previous four weekly services and with existing daily flights to Cairo already in place, the airline will now be providing travellers with 21 fights to Egypt each week.
The Alexandria flights commence on 2nd August and the Luxor flights will begin on 1st September 2010. The airline's increase in flights to Egypt allows it to accommodate business and leisure travellers visiting the region and also provide flexible connections to other key destinations including Melbourne, Australia, Europe, the Middle and Far East and the GCC.
Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Airways, Akbar Al Baker, commented:
"We are very pleased to be able to provide daily flights to both Alexandria and Luxor. Added to our daily Boeing 777 services to Cairo, Qatar Airways now offers customers a fantastic service across Egypt.
"The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has highlighted Africa as one of the most important growth markets for aviation over the next 20 years, and Qatar Airways is committed to making further inroads into this dynamic continent to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities available."
Mr Al Baker added: "On behalf of Qatar Airways, I would like to applaud the Egyptian authorities for their efforts in making these latest route enhancements possible."
The additional flights to Egypt will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft and will be able to seat 144 passengers with First Class and Economy Class categories. This year, Qatar Airways has launched seven new routes from its hub in Doha including Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Bangalore, and Buenos Aires.
The airline is planning on expanding its international network during a four-month period this October and will be introducing six new routes from Doha to Bucharest, Brussels, Budapest, Nice, Hanoi, and Phuket.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...