Hotel managers in South Africa expect popularity of Africa holidays to continue growing after World Cup
A recent survey revealed how most South African hoteliers felt confident on the continued growth of South Africa holidays to keep blooming long after the end of the World Cup.
Betting on the continued growth of the Africa holidays market, a recent survey of Hotel Managers in South Africa by Horwath HTL, the World’s largest firm of hotel consultants, showed that most are highly optimistic about the success of Africa holidays continuing after the World Cup.
Run on a quarterly basis, the survey asked 86 hoteliers running some of the most popular South Africa hotels to forecast the likely market demand in their hotels for the next quarter, compared to the same period last year. The information is then analysed on the basis of size, star rating and location to achieve the most balanced results.
Overall, 79% of Managers thought that Average Room Rate would stay the same or increase (57% thought it would increase) and the same number thought that Occupancy levels would stay the same or increase, (39% increase, 40% stay the same). Altogether 84% of respondents think that Total Revenue in their hotels will increase or stay the same (60% increase, 24% the same).
When it comes to which hotel categoaries were the most hopeful when it came to the continued success of South Africa holidays; broken down by star rating, all four categories felt confident that Average Room Rate would increase, with the 3 Star and 5 Star segments standing out as the most confident. The majority of respondents from the 3 and 5 Star segments predicted a rise in Occupancy with the majority of responses from both the 1-2 Star and 4 Star properties leaning towards Occupancy levels either remaining static or falling.
“It is encouraging that so many participants feel confident about the immediate future. There was uncertainty in the press and the market before the World Cup about the event, and whether or not Hotels would cope with the demand. As it turns out, those fears were never realised. It’s too early to tell what the lasting legacy will be, but the early signs are promising” - said the lady responsible for the survey, Michele de Witt, Director of Horwath HTL South Africa
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
In close proximity to the business district and right in the midst of all the action in Tunis, El Hana International is...