Hotel managers in South Africa expect popularity of Africa holidays to continue growing after World Cup
A recent survey revealed how most South African hoteliers felt confident on the continued growth of South Africa holidays to keep blooming long after the end of the World Cup.
Betting on the continued growth of the Africa holidays market, a recent survey of Hotel Managers in South Africa by Horwath HTL, the World’s largest firm of hotel consultants, showed that most are highly optimistic about the success of Africa holidays continuing after the World Cup.
Run on a quarterly basis, the survey asked 86 hoteliers running some of the most popular South Africa hotels to forecast the likely market demand in their hotels for the next quarter, compared to the same period last year. The information is then analysed on the basis of size, star rating and location to achieve the most balanced results.
Overall, 79% of Managers thought that Average Room Rate would stay the same or increase (57% thought it would increase) and the same number thought that Occupancy levels would stay the same or increase, (39% increase, 40% stay the same). Altogether 84% of respondents think that Total Revenue in their hotels will increase or stay the same (60% increase, 24% the same).
When it comes to which hotel categoaries were the most hopeful when it came to the continued success of South Africa holidays; broken down by star rating, all four categories felt confident that Average Room Rate would increase, with the 3 Star and 5 Star segments standing out as the most confident. The majority of respondents from the 3 and 5 Star segments predicted a rise in Occupancy with the majority of responses from both the 1-2 Star and 4 Star properties leaning towards Occupancy levels either remaining static or falling.
“It is encouraging that so many participants feel confident about the immediate future. There was uncertainty in the press and the market before the World Cup about the event, and whether or not Hotels would cope with the demand. As it turns out, those fears were never realised. It’s too early to tell what the lasting legacy will be, but the early signs are promising” - said the lady responsible for the survey, Michele de Witt, Director of Horwath HTL South Africa
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
Discover a Kruger adventure in South Africa ahead of a relaxing treat in the Seychelles
- Drift away with a combination of Oriental traditions and modern skincare at the Duniye Spa
- Visit Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of animals
- Enjoy the thrills of river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zipline, aerial cable trail and quad biking
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...