Tourism campaign promoting St Lucia holidays hits the road in the U.S
In a bid to run an extensive promotional campaign throughout the U.S and give American travellers a more upclose and personal preview of what Barbados holidays are like, the island's tourisme team will be driving
A one-of-a-kind special tour promoting St Lucia holidays in the U.S and highlighting the renowned beauties of this Eastern Caribbean tourist gem, kicked off this week on Monday, 2nd August as the bust departed from Eatontown, New Jersey on the northeastern seaboard of the United States.
Showcasing the best of St Lucia holidays under the theme “Live the Legend,” this year's 2010 Summer/Fall Travel Road Shows
will be highlighting the uniqueness and authenticity of this Caribbean holiday destination’s products, services and attractions to the travel agent community. And for this purpose, the Saint Lucia Tourist Board’s (SLTB) marketing and sales teams will be making their way from their starting point in Eatontown to Baltimore and Washington DC/ Virginia, which is the stop they plan to reach by 5th August.
Nerdin St. Rose, SLTB’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales, said her team will tour about 20 cities in August, September and early October, before turning over the sales effort to the Canadian office in mid-October.
“We won’t rest on our laurels,” said St. Rose before leaving the island for the Mid-Atlantic area to join Saint Lucia’s sales associates. “The phenomenal growth we are currently experiencing is very much due in part to the hard work of our sales teams and the travel agent community in our source markets, and we plan to strengthen these relationships over the next few months,” she said.
St. Rose reported that other stops along the itinerary include: Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Houston and Dallas Texas; Waukesha, Wisconsin; Oak Brook, Illinois; Mason, Ohio; Warren, Michigan; Burlington, Massachusetts; Farmington, Connecticut; White Plains, Woodbury and New York City, New York.
Year to date, St Lucia holidays have recorded an overall 11.9% increase in stay-over visitors for the six-month period January through June 2010 as passenger arrivals increased from 145,575 in 2009 to 162,856 this year.
Not surpsingly, the most impressive growth came from the United States market, which accounted for 42% of all arrivals and registered an average 31.3% growth rate over 2009 figures. Total US arrivals reached 68,776 by the end of June 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...