Tourism campaign promoting St Lucia holidays hits the road in the U.S
In a bid to run an extensive promotional campaign throughout the U.S and give American travellers a more upclose and personal preview of what Barbados holidays are like, the island's tourisme team will be driving
A one-of-a-kind special tour promoting St Lucia holidays in the U.S and highlighting the renowned beauties of this Eastern Caribbean tourist gem, kicked off this week on Monday, 2nd August as the bust departed from Eatontown, New Jersey on the northeastern seaboard of the United States.
Showcasing the best of St Lucia holidays under the theme “Live the Legend,” this year's 2010 Summer/Fall Travel Road Shows
will be highlighting the uniqueness and authenticity of this Caribbean holiday destination’s products, services and attractions to the travel agent community. And for this purpose, the Saint Lucia Tourist Board’s (SLTB) marketing and sales teams will be making their way from their starting point in Eatontown to Baltimore and Washington DC/ Virginia, which is the stop they plan to reach by 5th August.
Nerdin St. Rose, SLTB’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales, said her team will tour about 20 cities in August, September and early October, before turning over the sales effort to the Canadian office in mid-October.
“We won’t rest on our laurels,” said St. Rose before leaving the island for the Mid-Atlantic area to join Saint Lucia’s sales associates. “The phenomenal growth we are currently experiencing is very much due in part to the hard work of our sales teams and the travel agent community in our source markets, and we plan to strengthen these relationships over the next few months,” she said.
St. Rose reported that other stops along the itinerary include: Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Houston and Dallas Texas; Waukesha, Wisconsin; Oak Brook, Illinois; Mason, Ohio; Warren, Michigan; Burlington, Massachusetts; Farmington, Connecticut; White Plains, Woodbury and New York City, New York.
Year to date, St Lucia holidays have recorded an overall 11.9% increase in stay-over visitors for the six-month period January through June 2010 as passenger arrivals increased from 145,575 in 2009 to 162,856 this year.
Not surpsingly, the most impressive growth came from the United States market, which accounted for 42% of all arrivals and registered an average 31.3% growth rate over 2009 figures. Total US arrivals reached 68,776 by the end of June 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...