BA's new route to St Kitts holidays is the fastest growing Caribbean service
During recent discussions between St Kitts and Nevis Minister of Tourism and International Transport and BA's Head of UK & Ireland Sales and Marketing, they jointly celebrated the success of British Airways' new flight routes to St Kitts.
BA's latest route taking UK passengers to St Kitts holidays is the airline's fastest growing service for the set of Caribbean holiday destinations they serve. The popularity that St Kitts holidays are enjoying thanks to this new air service means that the British carrier is currently experiencing encouragingly strong forward bookings.
Celebrating the success of the twice-weekly British Airways Gatwick service to St Kitts, Sen. Richard Skerritt ,St Kitts and Nevis' Minister of Tourism and International Transport, who was in the British capital attending a strategic review meeting at BA’s Waterside Head Office, said the early success of the new BA route taking passengers to St Kittls holidays, including the mid-week Tuesday service which was launched only three months ago, has exceeded the best expectations.
“This UK airlift success to date, and the optimism coming from all of the British Airways officials and the travel media who I met, is fantastic news for a small island nation like St Kitts and Nevis in such a challenging economic environment. These results should provide the platform to encourage all of our stakeholders to nurture new and existing partnerships in the UK market, while undertaking new initiatives at home going forward. We look forward to maintaining this special partnership with British Airways long into the future,” said Skerritt.
On his part, BA’s Head of UK & Ireland sales, Richard Tams expressed optimism for the St. Kitts to London-Gatwick route. “We are delighted at the continued success of the St Kitts route, especially with the second service we introduced three months ago. St Kitts is a very popular destination and forward bookings look very encouraging, which is testament to the attraction of the island."
The new BA route has sparked growing interest in St Kitts as a holiday destination from media professionals who met with Minister Skerritt in one on one interviews during the course of his visit, to find out what makes St Kitts so special as an authentic Caribbean destination.
The media has shown enthusiasm over details of the island’s emerging high quality product, existing key attractions, its natural and unspoilt beauty, genuine hospitality and the overall holiday experience afforded to those who opt to spend their Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Nevis.
Skerritt also took the opportunity to hold discussions with BA and the media on the troubling subject of the UK Air Passenger Duty (APD), speaking about the growing concern at its likely negative effect on visitors planning to travel to St Kitts, and its anticipated harmful impact on Caribbean holidays in general. He told the UK media interviewers that, in his opinion, the fairest short term solution would be to rebrand the entire Caribbean into the same tax category as Bermuda and Florida, while working to restructure or remove the tax completely in the long term.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...