BA's new route to St Kitts holidays is the fastest growing Caribbean service
During recent discussions between St Kitts and Nevis Minister of Tourism and International Transport and BA's Head of UK & Ireland Sales and Marketing, they jointly celebrated the success of British Airways' new flight routes to St Kitts.
BA's latest route taking UK passengers to St Kitts holidays is the airline's fastest growing service for the set of Caribbean holiday destinations they serve. The popularity that St Kitts holidays are enjoying thanks to this new air service means that the British carrier is currently experiencing encouragingly strong forward bookings.
Celebrating the success of the twice-weekly British Airways Gatwick service to St Kitts, Sen. Richard Skerritt ,St Kitts and Nevis' Minister of Tourism and International Transport, who was in the British capital attending a strategic review meeting at BA’s Waterside Head Office, said the early success of the new BA route taking passengers to St Kittls holidays, including the mid-week Tuesday service which was launched only three months ago, has exceeded the best expectations.
“This UK airlift success to date, and the optimism coming from all of the British Airways officials and the travel media who I met, is fantastic news for a small island nation like St Kitts and Nevis in such a challenging economic environment. These results should provide the platform to encourage all of our stakeholders to nurture new and existing partnerships in the UK market, while undertaking new initiatives at home going forward. We look forward to maintaining this special partnership with British Airways long into the future,” said Skerritt.
On his part, BA’s Head of UK & Ireland sales, Richard Tams expressed optimism for the St. Kitts to London-Gatwick route. “We are delighted at the continued success of the St Kitts route, especially with the second service we introduced three months ago. St Kitts is a very popular destination and forward bookings look very encouraging, which is testament to the attraction of the island."
The new BA route has sparked growing interest in St Kitts as a holiday destination from media professionals who met with Minister Skerritt in one on one interviews during the course of his visit, to find out what makes St Kitts so special as an authentic Caribbean destination.
The media has shown enthusiasm over details of the island’s emerging high quality product, existing key attractions, its natural and unspoilt beauty, genuine hospitality and the overall holiday experience afforded to those who opt to spend their Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Nevis.
Skerritt also took the opportunity to hold discussions with BA and the media on the troubling subject of the UK Air Passenger Duty (APD), speaking about the growing concern at its likely negative effect on visitors planning to travel to St Kitts, and its anticipated harmful impact on Caribbean holidays in general. He told the UK media interviewers that, in his opinion, the fairest short term solution would be to rebrand the entire Caribbean into the same tax category as Bermuda and Florida, while working to restructure or remove the tax completely in the long term.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...