Cuba holidays in Villa Clara proving popular this summer
It's not just Havana and Varadero the top spots travellers are visiting when taking Cuba holidays. Other cities are emerging as new resorts and a good example of this is Villa Clara which has recently been growing as a holiday destination in the island.
Proving that the popularity of Cuba holidays extend well beyond the popular Havana, Varadero and Holguin resorts, a new city in the country is emerging as a popular destination among worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays. This is proved by the sale of more than 10,000 international airlines seats bound for Villa Clara during the current summer season, which, when compared against the figures from the same period in 2009, shows a much greater flow of travellers visiting the city this year.
Jesus Diaz-Canel, director of the National Tourist Information Office (INFOTUR) in the province of Villa Clara, told AIN they have now opened new air operations from Argentina and Mexico, and the traditional flow from Canada, Italy and England is continuing to grow, as more and more travellers from these countries choose Villa Clara as the place to stay during their Cuba holidays.
Diaz-Canel went on to add that the resorts of Villa Clara have about four thousand rooms, set mostly in the northeastern keys and also in the cities of Caibarien, Remedios and Santa Clara.
The province offers many attractions to be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers on Cuba holidays here. With beautiful sandy beaches, where the nautical options have been expanded, and beautiful natural assetts to be explored including the breathtaking massif of Guamuhaya, the only mountain lake in Cuba, travellers will be spoilt for choice for things to do during their Villa Clara holidays in Cuba, Diaz-Canel went on to explain.
Díaz-Canel also referred to the special values of the colonial architecture, legends and traditions of the eighth town founded by the Spanish 495 years ago, along with the cultural and historical attractions in three hundred year old Santa Clara.
During the summer Villa Clara will also increase the frequency and variety of excursions available for national holidaymakers visiting Cienfuegos, Varadero, Trinidad and the capital, among other holiday destinations, added Julio Muñiz, Secretary of the Travel Agencies in the province.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...