Cuba holidays in Villa Clara proving popular this summer
It's not just Havana and Varadero the top spots travellers are visiting when taking Cuba holidays. Other cities are emerging as new resorts and a good example of this is Villa Clara which has recently been growing as a holiday destination in the island.
Proving that the popularity of Cuba holidays extend well beyond the popular Havana, Varadero and Holguin resorts, a new city in the country is emerging as a popular destination among worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays. This is proved by the sale of more than 10,000 international airlines seats bound for Villa Clara during the current summer season, which, when compared against the figures from the same period in 2009, shows a much greater flow of travellers visiting the city this year.
Jesus Diaz-Canel, director of the National Tourist Information Office (INFOTUR) in the province of Villa Clara, told AIN they have now opened new air operations from Argentina and Mexico, and the traditional flow from Canada, Italy and England is continuing to grow, as more and more travellers from these countries choose Villa Clara as the place to stay during their Cuba holidays.
Diaz-Canel went on to add that the resorts of Villa Clara have about four thousand rooms, set mostly in the northeastern keys and also in the cities of Caibarien, Remedios and Santa Clara.
The province offers many attractions to be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers on Cuba holidays here. With beautiful sandy beaches, where the nautical options have been expanded, and beautiful natural assetts to be explored including the breathtaking massif of Guamuhaya, the only mountain lake in Cuba, travellers will be spoilt for choice for things to do during their Villa Clara holidays in Cuba, Diaz-Canel went on to explain.
Díaz-Canel also referred to the special values of the colonial architecture, legends and traditions of the eighth town founded by the Spanish 495 years ago, along with the cultural and historical attractions in three hundred year old Santa Clara.
During the summer Villa Clara will also increase the frequency and variety of excursions available for national holidaymakers visiting Cienfuegos, Varadero, Trinidad and the capital, among other holiday destinations, added Julio Muñiz, Secretary of the Travel Agencies in the province.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...