Cuba holidays in Villa Clara proving popular this summer
It's not just Havana and Varadero the top spots travellers are visiting when taking Cuba holidays. Other cities are emerging as new resorts and a good example of this is Villa Clara which has recently been growing as a holiday destination in the island.
Proving that the popularity of Cuba holidays extend well beyond the popular Havana, Varadero and Holguin resorts, a new city in the country is emerging as a popular destination among worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays. This is proved by the sale of more than 10,000 international airlines seats bound for Villa Clara during the current summer season, which, when compared against the figures from the same period in 2009, shows a much greater flow of travellers visiting the city this year.
Jesus Diaz-Canel, director of the National Tourist Information Office (INFOTUR) in the province of Villa Clara, told AIN they have now opened new air operations from Argentina and Mexico, and the traditional flow from Canada, Italy and England is continuing to grow, as more and more travellers from these countries choose Villa Clara as the place to stay during their Cuba holidays.
Diaz-Canel went on to add that the resorts of Villa Clara have about four thousand rooms, set mostly in the northeastern keys and also in the cities of Caibarien, Remedios and Santa Clara.
The province offers many attractions to be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers on Cuba holidays here. With beautiful sandy beaches, where the nautical options have been expanded, and beautiful natural assetts to be explored including the breathtaking massif of Guamuhaya, the only mountain lake in Cuba, travellers will be spoilt for choice for things to do during their Villa Clara holidays in Cuba, Diaz-Canel went on to explain.
Díaz-Canel also referred to the special values of the colonial architecture, legends and traditions of the eighth town founded by the Spanish 495 years ago, along with the cultural and historical attractions in three hundred year old Santa Clara.
During the summer Villa Clara will also increase the frequency and variety of excursions available for national holidaymakers visiting Cienfuegos, Varadero, Trinidad and the capital, among other holiday destinations, added Julio Muñiz, Secretary of the Travel Agencies in the province.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...