Cuba holidays in Villa Clara proving popular this summer
It's not just Havana and Varadero the top spots travellers are visiting when taking Cuba holidays. Other cities are emerging as new resorts and a good example of this is Villa Clara which has recently been growing as a holiday destination in the island.
Proving that the popularity of Cuba holidays extend well beyond the popular Havana, Varadero and Holguin resorts, a new city in the country is emerging as a popular destination among worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays. This is proved by the sale of more than 10,000 international airlines seats bound for Villa Clara during the current summer season, which, when compared against the figures from the same period in 2009, shows a much greater flow of travellers visiting the city this year.
Jesus Diaz-Canel, director of the National Tourist Information Office (INFOTUR) in the province of Villa Clara, told AIN they have now opened new air operations from Argentina and Mexico, and the traditional flow from Canada, Italy and England is continuing to grow, as more and more travellers from these countries choose Villa Clara as the place to stay during their Cuba holidays.
Diaz-Canel went on to add that the resorts of Villa Clara have about four thousand rooms, set mostly in the northeastern keys and also in the cities of Caibarien, Remedios and Santa Clara.
The province offers many attractions to be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers on Cuba holidays here. With beautiful sandy beaches, where the nautical options have been expanded, and beautiful natural assetts to be explored including the breathtaking massif of Guamuhaya, the only mountain lake in Cuba, travellers will be spoilt for choice for things to do during their Villa Clara holidays in Cuba, Diaz-Canel went on to explain.
Díaz-Canel also referred to the special values of the colonial architecture, legends and traditions of the eighth town founded by the Spanish 495 years ago, along with the cultural and historical attractions in three hundred year old Santa Clara.
During the summer Villa Clara will also increase the frequency and variety of excursions available for national holidaymakers visiting Cienfuegos, Varadero, Trinidad and the capital, among other holiday destinations, added Julio Muñiz, Secretary of the Travel Agencies in the province.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...