Cuba holidays in Villa Clara proving popular this summer
It's not just Havana and Varadero the top spots travellers are visiting when taking Cuba holidays. Other cities are emerging as new resorts and a good example of this is Villa Clara which has recently been growing as a holiday destination in the island.
Proving that the popularity of Cuba holidays extend well beyond the popular Havana, Varadero and Holguin resorts, a new city in the country is emerging as a popular destination among worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays. This is proved by the sale of more than 10,000 international airlines seats bound for Villa Clara during the current summer season, which, when compared against the figures from the same period in 2009, shows a much greater flow of travellers visiting the city this year.
Jesus Diaz-Canel, director of the National Tourist Information Office (INFOTUR) in the province of Villa Clara, told AIN they have now opened new air operations from Argentina and Mexico, and the traditional flow from Canada, Italy and England is continuing to grow, as more and more travellers from these countries choose Villa Clara as the place to stay during their Cuba holidays.
Diaz-Canel went on to add that the resorts of Villa Clara have about four thousand rooms, set mostly in the northeastern keys and also in the cities of Caibarien, Remedios and Santa Clara.
The province offers many attractions to be enjoyed by all kinds of travellers on Cuba holidays here. With beautiful sandy beaches, where the nautical options have been expanded, and beautiful natural assetts to be explored including the breathtaking massif of Guamuhaya, the only mountain lake in Cuba, travellers will be spoilt for choice for things to do during their Villa Clara holidays in Cuba, Diaz-Canel went on to explain.
Díaz-Canel also referred to the special values of the colonial architecture, legends and traditions of the eighth town founded by the Spanish 495 years ago, along with the cultural and historical attractions in three hundred year old Santa Clara.
During the summer Villa Clara will also increase the frequency and variety of excursions available for national holidaymakers visiting Cienfuegos, Varadero, Trinidad and the capital, among other holiday destinations, added Julio Muñiz, Secretary of the Travel Agencies in the province.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...