Emirates launches pre-paid additional baggage service
The prestigious Middle Eastern carrier responsible for taking thousands of passengers to luxury Dubai holidays has recently launched a new online service allowing its passengers to pre-pay for additional baggage via their website.
For the delight of many who fly to Dubai holidays with the award-winning Emirates airline there will be a convenient new service allowing travellers to save themselves the hassle of having to pay for additional baggage at check-in booths. Thanks to Emirates' new online facility, passengers who travel with additional baggage will not only be able to pre-pay in advance for any additional baggage but by doing so online they can now also enjoy a discount when they plan ahead. The discount represents a 15 % reduction on standard airport rates and is only applicable to bookings made on emirates.com.
“Advance planning can make a journey more enjoyable and hassle-free. Now passengers with additional baggage can also save money when they pay for the extra weight in advance of their trip. We encourage passengers to weigh their suitcases, and check the website for details on costs of additional weight,” explained Russell Sheldon, Senior Vice President, Network Passenger Sales & Development, Emirates.
Those Emirates customers embarking on Dubai holidays (or coming back from them or from any of Emirates' Middle Eastern destinations) and departing from most Emirates airports will be able to purchase discounted additional baggage online through Emirates.com. Ticketed customers may log-in to ‘Manage a Booking’ on Emirates.com within 24 hours of departure to purchase selected amounts of additional baggage. For routes that charge for additional baggage by weight, customers may purchase 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 kilos. The customer must purchase one of these five amounts to suit the additional weight they wish to take. For routes that charge by the piece, customers may purchase one, two or three additional bags of up to 32 kilos each.
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and must be made between 24 hours and 90 minutes prior to flight departure. Adults and children only qualify, not infants. Only one online purchase of additional baggage per passenger per continuous journey is permitted. Purchase is not available for departures from select cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...