Emirates launches pre-paid additional baggage service
The prestigious Middle Eastern carrier responsible for taking thousands of passengers to luxury Dubai holidays has recently launched a new online service allowing its passengers to pre-pay for additional baggage via their website.
For the delight of many who fly to Dubai holidays with the award-winning Emirates airline there will be a convenient new service allowing travellers to save themselves the hassle of having to pay for additional baggage at check-in booths. Thanks to Emirates' new online facility, passengers who travel with additional baggage will not only be able to pre-pay in advance for any additional baggage but by doing so online they can now also enjoy a discount when they plan ahead. The discount represents a 15 % reduction on standard airport rates and is only applicable to bookings made on emirates.com.
“Advance planning can make a journey more enjoyable and hassle-free. Now passengers with additional baggage can also save money when they pay for the extra weight in advance of their trip. We encourage passengers to weigh their suitcases, and check the website for details on costs of additional weight,” explained Russell Sheldon, Senior Vice President, Network Passenger Sales & Development, Emirates.
Those Emirates customers embarking on Dubai holidays (or coming back from them or from any of Emirates' Middle Eastern destinations) and departing from most Emirates airports will be able to purchase discounted additional baggage online through Emirates.com. Ticketed customers may log-in to ‘Manage a Booking’ on Emirates.com within 24 hours of departure to purchase selected amounts of additional baggage. For routes that charge for additional baggage by weight, customers may purchase 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 kilos. The customer must purchase one of these five amounts to suit the additional weight they wish to take. For routes that charge by the piece, customers may purchase one, two or three additional bags of up to 32 kilos each.
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and must be made between 24 hours and 90 minutes prior to flight departure. Adults and children only qualify, not infants. Only one online purchase of additional baggage per passenger per continuous journey is permitted. Purchase is not available for departures from select cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...