Emirates launches pre-paid additional baggage service
The prestigious Middle Eastern carrier responsible for taking thousands of passengers to luxury Dubai holidays has recently launched a new online service allowing its passengers to pre-pay for additional baggage via their website.
For the delight of many who fly to Dubai holidays with the award-winning Emirates airline there will be a convenient new service allowing travellers to save themselves the hassle of having to pay for additional baggage at check-in booths. Thanks to Emirates' new online facility, passengers who travel with additional baggage will not only be able to pre-pay in advance for any additional baggage but by doing so online they can now also enjoy a discount when they plan ahead. The discount represents a 15 % reduction on standard airport rates and is only applicable to bookings made on emirates.com.
“Advance planning can make a journey more enjoyable and hassle-free. Now passengers with additional baggage can also save money when they pay for the extra weight in advance of their trip. We encourage passengers to weigh their suitcases, and check the website for details on costs of additional weight,” explained Russell Sheldon, Senior Vice President, Network Passenger Sales & Development, Emirates.
Those Emirates customers embarking on Dubai holidays (or coming back from them or from any of Emirates' Middle Eastern destinations) and departing from most Emirates airports will be able to purchase discounted additional baggage online through Emirates.com. Ticketed customers may log-in to ‘Manage a Booking’ on Emirates.com within 24 hours of departure to purchase selected amounts of additional baggage. For routes that charge for additional baggage by weight, customers may purchase 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 kilos. The customer must purchase one of these five amounts to suit the additional weight they wish to take. For routes that charge by the piece, customers may purchase one, two or three additional bags of up to 32 kilos each.
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and must be made between 24 hours and 90 minutes prior to flight departure. Adults and children only qualify, not infants. Only one online purchase of additional baggage per passenger per continuous journey is permitted. Purchase is not available for departures from select cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Explore Thailand’s own ‘City of Angels’ with a stay at the Rembrandt Hotel and Towers in the heart of Bangkok, making it...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...