Emirates launches pre-paid additional baggage service
The prestigious Middle Eastern carrier responsible for taking thousands of passengers to luxury Dubai holidays has recently launched a new online service allowing its passengers to pre-pay for additional baggage via their website.
For the delight of many who fly to Dubai holidays with the award-winning Emirates airline there will be a convenient new service allowing travellers to save themselves the hassle of having to pay for additional baggage at check-in booths. Thanks to Emirates' new online facility, passengers who travel with additional baggage will not only be able to pre-pay in advance for any additional baggage but by doing so online they can now also enjoy a discount when they plan ahead. The discount represents a 15 % reduction on standard airport rates and is only applicable to bookings made on emirates.com.
“Advance planning can make a journey more enjoyable and hassle-free. Now passengers with additional baggage can also save money when they pay for the extra weight in advance of their trip. We encourage passengers to weigh their suitcases, and check the website for details on costs of additional weight,” explained Russell Sheldon, Senior Vice President, Network Passenger Sales & Development, Emirates.
Those Emirates customers embarking on Dubai holidays (or coming back from them or from any of Emirates' Middle Eastern destinations) and departing from most Emirates airports will be able to purchase discounted additional baggage online through Emirates.com. Ticketed customers may log-in to ‘Manage a Booking’ on Emirates.com within 24 hours of departure to purchase selected amounts of additional baggage. For routes that charge for additional baggage by weight, customers may purchase 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 kilos. The customer must purchase one of these five amounts to suit the additional weight they wish to take. For routes that charge by the piece, customers may purchase one, two or three additional bags of up to 32 kilos each.
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and must be made between 24 hours and 90 minutes prior to flight departure. Adults and children only qualify, not infants. Only one online purchase of additional baggage per passenger per continuous journey is permitted. Purchase is not available for departures from select cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...