More options for twin centre holidays in the Caribbean as ATC expands in Jamaica
Air Turks and Caicos airline are looking to expand into the Jamaica market and offer travellers twin centre holidays in the Caribbean after applying for the operation of three routes which have been left vacant by Air Jamaica.
The airline Air Turks and Caicos has applied to operate three routes which have been left vacant by Air Jamaica in an attempt to enter the Jamaica travel market and offer their customers a choice of twin centre holidays in the Caribbean. The Caribbean flights have been left by Air Jamaica Express and the six year licence will be granted if no objections are raised during the mandatory two-week notice period.
The three routes include Turks and Caicos to Kingston via Nassau in the Bahamas; Turks and Caicos via Havana in Cuba; and Turks and Caicos to Port-Au-Prince and Santa Domingo via Kingston, allowing travellers to enjoy twin centre holidays in the Caribbean.
Owner and President of Air Turks and Caicos, Lydon Gardiner, said:
"Our focus is to expand our service into the Northern Caribbean. Our strategy is to encourage more multi-destination stays in the Caribbean and specifically the TCI."
With the central position of Jamaica in the Caribbean, Gardiner believes that the acquired flight routes will allow the airline access to a wider Caribbean region and encourage travellers from further afield regions, such as Europe, to take advantage of visiting more than one destination and book twin centre holidays in the Caribbean, which are often more cost-effective.
As well as offering a choice of new flights to Turk and Caicos, the airline is looking to negotiate with larger worldwide airlines to code-share Punta Cana flights and attract those customers to enjoy Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) holidays.
"We are working with a Russian carrier who brings 2,500 people per week to Punta Cana. The TCI is an elite destination for them, and we feel we can bring them to the TCI."
Gardiner believes that TCI residents will also benefit from the increase in flights to Turks and Caicos with more connections, cheaper fares and just a 40 minutes flight from the TCI to the Dominican Republic.
"They will have better access to the rest of the world," he added. "Santo Domingo offers as many opportunities as Miami."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...