Great Sports Camp for children of all ages to be enjoyed during Barbados holidays
For the third year in a row Barbados has launched its successful summer Sports Camp for children on Barbados holidays to enjoy, giving them the opportunity to engage in fun activities, improve their skill and mix with local children in a series of sports
Children on Barbados holidays will get to enjoy a set of great sporty activities during their time in the Caribbean island. Being renowned for its love of sport, Barbados has created a unique camp designed for children providing them with a fun and wonderful way to encourage kids of all ages to improve their skills and meet new friends. The camp has been a brilliant success in the past two years, so we look forward to 2010 being even better!
The camp will be coaching children on three popular sports, cricket, football and netball and children attending the camp will be a mix of those on Barbados holidays and local Barbadian children. They will be split into ability and age groups.
The camp is located at the University of the West Indies and runs from 10am to 3pm each day, with plenty of water and food breaks.
Cricketers who will be coaching the children are Gladstone Small, Dean Headley, Graham Hick and Desmond Haynes
Football coaches are Mark Bright and John Salako.
Netballers are Alex Astle, Olivia Murphy, Fiona Murtagh and Kendra Slawinski.
"I am sure the kids will love meeting the sports personalities and hearing what it is like to play in the disciplines of football, cricket and netball at the very highest level." - one of the sports coaches expressed.
The coaching will take place from 3rd August to 27th August 2010. Local coaches will be assisting from the Barbados Football Association, the Barbados Netball Association and the Barbados Cricket Association who will help run the sessions to ensure every kid enjoys great sporty Barbados holidays.
An event company runs the logistics of the camp on a day-to-day basis, on behalf of the Barbados Tourism Authority.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...