Great Sports Camp for children of all ages to be enjoyed during Barbados holidays
For the third year in a row Barbados has launched its successful summer Sports Camp for children on Barbados holidays to enjoy, giving them the opportunity to engage in fun activities, improve their skill and mix with local children in a series of sports
Children on Barbados holidays will get to enjoy a set of great sporty activities during their time in the Caribbean island. Being renowned for its love of sport, Barbados has created a unique camp designed for children providing them with a fun and wonderful way to encourage kids of all ages to improve their skills and meet new friends. The camp has been a brilliant success in the past two years, so we look forward to 2010 being even better!
The camp will be coaching children on three popular sports, cricket, football and netball and children attending the camp will be a mix of those on Barbados holidays and local Barbadian children. They will be split into ability and age groups.
The camp is located at the University of the West Indies and runs from 10am to 3pm each day, with plenty of water and food breaks.
Cricketers who will be coaching the children are Gladstone Small, Dean Headley, Graham Hick and Desmond Haynes
Football coaches are Mark Bright and John Salako.
Netballers are Alex Astle, Olivia Murphy, Fiona Murtagh and Kendra Slawinski.
"I am sure the kids will love meeting the sports personalities and hearing what it is like to play in the disciplines of football, cricket and netball at the very highest level." - one of the sports coaches expressed.
The coaching will take place from 3rd August to 27th August 2010. Local coaches will be assisting from the Barbados Football Association, the Barbados Netball Association and the Barbados Cricket Association who will help run the sessions to ensure every kid enjoys great sporty Barbados holidays.
An event company runs the logistics of the camp on a day-to-day basis, on behalf of the Barbados Tourism Authority.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Don't miss out on the discount saving of 15% available on all room types
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...