Those on Cuba holidays enjoyed a Chinese Fest like no other
Those attending the Chinese-Cuban festival in Havana held recently on the island's capital from 17th to 18th July got to witness a unique show at the hands of a folkloric orchestra group from Shenzhen, as well as a range of Chinese-inspired exhibitions.
For the delight of many tourists on Cuba holidays attending the unique Chinese-Cuban festival in Havana they got to witness and enjoy a unique show at the hands of The Folkloric Music Group of the Traditional Orchestra of Aihua de Shenzhen, a group of magnificent performers who came to the island for the special occasion. The group of musicians and acrobats made a masterly performance on Thursday at the Covarrubias hall of Havana's National Theater.
The presentation was the preface to the 10th Festival of Chinese Culture held in Cuba on 17th and 18th July at the ExpoCuba exhibition centre to mark the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The Chinese artists blew the Cuban audience away (and the audience of foreigners enjoying Cuba holidays and joining in the folklore too) with their virtuous performance of instruments that are up to 2,000 years old and are part of the culture of the 56 ethnic groups that make up the Asian nation.
One of the highlights of the act was Jin Renbo's interpretation of the Sheng, an ancient wind instrument that produces surprising warbling sounds, which are not familiar to the western ear, yet proved fascinating to the attendees who were lulled by the beautifully rare melodies. The harmonious moment of music and silence was only broken as the audience vigorously clapped at the end.
Those on Cuba holidays also got to enjoy the unique performance of Zhang Lei, with his Erhu, a sort of Chinese two-string violin, and the young woman Huang Mei, who plays the Zheng, a kind of 21-string harp played horizontally on the floor. Both acts also received an enthusiastic ovation from the audience.
Barely 15 years old, Wang Xiao played the flute like a true experienced maestro on a par with his colleagues all of whom graduated from prestigious Chinese academies.
Also present in the theatre were China's ambassador to Cuba Liu Yuqin and other members of the diplomatic mission in Havana.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...