Those on Cuba holidays enjoyed a Chinese Fest like no other
Those attending the Chinese-Cuban festival in Havana held recently on the island's capital from 17th to 18th July got to witness a unique show at the hands of a folkloric orchestra group from Shenzhen, as well as a range of Chinese-inspired exhibitions.
For the delight of many tourists on Cuba holidays attending the unique Chinese-Cuban festival in Havana they got to witness and enjoy a unique show at the hands of The Folkloric Music Group of the Traditional Orchestra of Aihua de Shenzhen, a group of magnificent performers who came to the island for the special occasion. The group of musicians and acrobats made a masterly performance on Thursday at the Covarrubias hall of Havana's National Theater.
The presentation was the preface to the 10th Festival of Chinese Culture held in Cuba on 17th and 18th July at the ExpoCuba exhibition centre to mark the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The Chinese artists blew the Cuban audience away (and the audience of foreigners enjoying Cuba holidays and joining in the folklore too) with their virtuous performance of instruments that are up to 2,000 years old and are part of the culture of the 56 ethnic groups that make up the Asian nation.
One of the highlights of the act was Jin Renbo's interpretation of the Sheng, an ancient wind instrument that produces surprising warbling sounds, which are not familiar to the western ear, yet proved fascinating to the attendees who were lulled by the beautifully rare melodies. The harmonious moment of music and silence was only broken as the audience vigorously clapped at the end.
Those on Cuba holidays also got to enjoy the unique performance of Zhang Lei, with his Erhu, a sort of Chinese two-string violin, and the young woman Huang Mei, who plays the Zheng, a kind of 21-string harp played horizontally on the floor. Both acts also received an enthusiastic ovation from the audience.
Barely 15 years old, Wang Xiao played the flute like a true experienced maestro on a par with his colleagues all of whom graduated from prestigious Chinese academies.
Also present in the theatre were China's ambassador to Cuba Liu Yuqin and other members of the diplomatic mission in Havana.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...