Cuba holidays to be explored at the International Convention on Tourism Studies to be held in the island
The first ever the International Convention on Tourism Studies will be held in Havana from the 12th - 16th July 2010 with the participation of 14 nations and 150 Cuban representatives who will be exploring the latest issues affecting the tourism industry.
The growth of Cuba holidays will be one of the main topics to be explored during the first ever International Convention on Tourism Studies, which will run from 12th July through to the 16th at Havana's Convention Centre.
On behalf of the professional teachers attending the convention, Ramon Martin, Dean of the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Havana (UH), announced that, so far, 168 delegates and experts from 14 nations and 150 from Cuba have confirmed their attendance.
Martin also went on to explain that themes on the agenda will include where the future of Cuba holidays is heading, tourism of congresses, organisation and management, trips and incentives, commercialisation and technological innovation, among others.
A total of 65 papers on various tourism topics will be debated, and there will also be lectures, round tables and a trade fair, as well as the presentation of the 3rd Hall of Events, the International Seminar on Tourism and Trips and the 5th International Workshop on Training.
The programme will also include visits to Las Terrazas community, on Cuba's western Pinar del Rio province, and to the famous and ever-popular Varadero beach resort, one of the main destinations world travellers head to when taking Cuba holidays. Both are excellent spots for recreation and relaxation.
The meeting is being organised by Cuba'sTourism Ministry (MINTUR), the Convention Centre and the UH and its main aim, besides exploring the potential and future of Cuba holidays is to educate and be educated through their interaction with participating countries. Thus Cuba expects to teach as well as be taught, and gain fresh knowledge and perspective from different nations, their different approaches to tourism and hear their predictions for the travel and tourism sector.
Around the days in which the International Convention on Tourism Studies will be held Cuba will also be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the beginning of tourism studies at the University of Havana, a member of the event’s Organising Committee revealed.
The Caribbean island's tourism infrastructure currently accounts with some 300 Cuba hotels and 50,000 rooms, eight areas for recreational development and over two million foreign visitors a year. Further development resorts and the addition of new hotels are also on the pipeline for the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...