"Magic Villages" To Attract More Tourists on Mexico Holidays
A $150 million investment into the development of35 towns to make them "Magic Villages" is expected to attract high number of travellers taking Mexico holidays and transform the region's urban images with renovations and restorations of historical sites.
Mexico’s tourism department, Sectur, has announced that the multi-million dollar "Pueblos Magicos” (Magic Villas) programme which will develop 35 town into “Magic Villages” is expected to attract tourists on Mexico holidays.
The programme’s investment of US$150 million will be spent "to transform the urban image, renovate museums and galleries and restore convents and churches with historical and cultural value", according to a statement from the department.
The aim of the new programme is to give each Pueblo Magico its own identity and personality which will attract tourists taking holidays in Mexico.
Tourism Secretary, Gloria Guevara, said: “Pueblos Magicos' have been identified in 25 of the 32 Mexican states and are characterized by the preservation of traditional culture.”
The locations of the “Magic Villages” include Real de Catorce, where the Hollywood movie “The Mexican” was filmed, and Dolores Hidalgo, the city from where Reverend Miguel Hidalgo declared the independence of Mexico in 1810 from the bell tower.
The areas of Taxco, a region famous for its handcraft silver jewellery, and San Cristobal de las Casas, which has a 40-percent Indian population, are also on the proposed list of destinations for the "Magic Villages".
Travellers enjoying Cancun holidays and holidays to Mexico will be able to experience the region’s history, culture, and beautiful surroundings from all of the proposed locations.
Couples planning Mexico holidays for their honeymoons will be spoilt for choice as new individual villages and resorts pop up over the country, each offering a unique and unforgettable experience.
The new "Magic Villages" will join numerous previously restored towns and villages which are located along coastal regions, inland cities and rural countryside hotspots.
Mexico feature 29 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and offers travellers from all over the world traditional arts, famous cuisine, fascinating culture and some of the globe’s most breathtaking scenery comprising sandy beaches, coral reefs, historic sites, mountain ranges, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...