"Magic Villages" To Attract More Tourists on Mexico Holidays
A $150 million investment into the development of35 towns to make them "Magic Villages" is expected to attract high number of travellers taking Mexico holidays and transform the region's urban images with renovations and restorations of historical sites.
Mexico’s tourism department, Sectur, has announced that the multi-million dollar "Pueblos Magicos” (Magic Villas) programme which will develop 35 town into “Magic Villages” is expected to attract tourists on Mexico holidays.
The programme’s investment of US$150 million will be spent "to transform the urban image, renovate museums and galleries and restore convents and churches with historical and cultural value", according to a statement from the department.
The aim of the new programme is to give each Pueblo Magico its own identity and personality which will attract tourists taking holidays in Mexico.
Tourism Secretary, Gloria Guevara, said: “Pueblos Magicos' have been identified in 25 of the 32 Mexican states and are characterized by the preservation of traditional culture.”
The locations of the “Magic Villages” include Real de Catorce, where the Hollywood movie “The Mexican” was filmed, and Dolores Hidalgo, the city from where Reverend Miguel Hidalgo declared the independence of Mexico in 1810 from the bell tower.
The areas of Taxco, a region famous for its handcraft silver jewellery, and San Cristobal de las Casas, which has a 40-percent Indian population, are also on the proposed list of destinations for the "Magic Villages".
Travellers enjoying Cancun holidays and holidays to Mexico will be able to experience the region’s history, culture, and beautiful surroundings from all of the proposed locations.
Couples planning Mexico holidays for their honeymoons will be spoilt for choice as new individual villages and resorts pop up over the country, each offering a unique and unforgettable experience.
The new "Magic Villages" will join numerous previously restored towns and villages which are located along coastal regions, inland cities and rural countryside hotspots.
Mexico feature 29 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and offers travellers from all over the world traditional arts, famous cuisine, fascinating culture and some of the globe’s most breathtaking scenery comprising sandy beaches, coral reefs, historic sites, mountain ranges, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...