Travellers from Brazil Can Enjoy Barbados Holidays with Launch of New Direct Flight
Brazilian travellers will soon be able to enjoy Barbados holidays from Sao Paulo as a new direct flight is scheduled to launch this weekend with GOL Intelligent Airlines, opening up a number of opportunities for both Barbadian and Brazilian travellers.
A new direct flight from Sao Paulo in Brazil to Barbados is due to be launched on 26th June 2010 by GOL Intelligent Airlines offering travellers from both countries the chance to enjoy Brazil and Barbados holidays.
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) hosted a media conference last Tuesday to update Barbados citizens on the marketing efforts pulled together to make this new flight a reality and inform them of them of the official launch of the flight.
The Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, spoke at the media conference to representatives to of the private and public sector and highlighted the fact that as well as providing holidays in Barbados for travellers from Brazil, the new Barbados flights would bring new tourism opportunities in other forms including sporting events.
“There are all kinds of opportunities for many sports, namely football, hockey and polo. I would like to think that sports tourism could benefit a great deal from teams coming from Brazil, the largest country in South America,” he stated.
While Brazilians enjoy holidays to Barbados, the CEO and President of the Barbados Tourism Authority stressed the importance of encouraging Barbadians to make use of the new flights and enjoy holidays in the vibrant South American country of Brazil.
Sue Spring, the Executive Vice President of the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association (BHTA) said that the new flights to Barbados had created a “buzz” in Brazil and many Barbadians had signed up for the conversational Portuguese training course at the Barbados Community College.
She said that the BHTA were “talking to the University of the West Indies (UWI) and persons who teach Portuguese and we are looking to take it to a higher level, if persons want to do a degree course, either way, whether it is students from Brazil or Barbados.”
The new flights to Barbados will be operated using a 737 plane, which will provide 150 seats of space for for passengers on Barbados holidays or taking business trips to the island. The new set of flights will depart from Sao Paolo on Saturdays at 9.15pm and are scheduled for arrival in Barbados at 10pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...