Travellers from Brazil Can Enjoy Barbados Holidays with Launch of New Direct Flight
Brazilian travellers will soon be able to enjoy Barbados holidays from Sao Paulo as a new direct flight is scheduled to launch this weekend with GOL Intelligent Airlines, opening up a number of opportunities for both Barbadian and Brazilian travellers.
A new direct flight from Sao Paulo in Brazil to Barbados is due to be launched on 26th June 2010 by GOL Intelligent Airlines offering travellers from both countries the chance to enjoy Brazil and Barbados holidays.
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) hosted a media conference last Tuesday to update Barbados citizens on the marketing efforts pulled together to make this new flight a reality and inform them of them of the official launch of the flight.
The Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, spoke at the media conference to representatives to of the private and public sector and highlighted the fact that as well as providing holidays in Barbados for travellers from Brazil, the new Barbados flights would bring new tourism opportunities in other forms including sporting events.
“There are all kinds of opportunities for many sports, namely football, hockey and polo. I would like to think that sports tourism could benefit a great deal from teams coming from Brazil, the largest country in South America,” he stated.
While Brazilians enjoy holidays to Barbados, the CEO and President of the Barbados Tourism Authority stressed the importance of encouraging Barbadians to make use of the new flights and enjoy holidays in the vibrant South American country of Brazil.
Sue Spring, the Executive Vice President of the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association (BHTA) said that the new flights to Barbados had created a “buzz” in Brazil and many Barbadians had signed up for the conversational Portuguese training course at the Barbados Community College.
She said that the BHTA were “talking to the University of the West Indies (UWI) and persons who teach Portuguese and we are looking to take it to a higher level, if persons want to do a degree course, either way, whether it is students from Brazil or Barbados.”
The new flights to Barbados will be operated using a 737 plane, which will provide 150 seats of space for for passengers on Barbados holidays or taking business trips to the island. The new set of flights will depart from Sao Paolo on Saturdays at 9.15pm and are scheduled for arrival in Barbados at 10pm.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...