Fishy Cuba holidays announced for October with International Fishing Tournament
Debuting for the first time ever, the Jardines del Rey International Tournament is scheduled to take place in Cayo Guillermo as professionals and amateurs joint to compete in the capturing of various marine species with the 'tag and release" method.
For the delight of fishing enthusiasts planning Cuba holidays, the first edition of the Jardines del Rey International Tournament will be held in Cayo Guillermo making use of the marine and fishery potential of the northern part of this beautiful area which will have a yearly basis. In the event, professional or amateur anglers, associated or not with fishing clubs. And Associations who wish to learn more about the sea and its species are invited to participate.
The fishing tournament will take place at Jardines del Rey International Marina of Cayo Guillermo from October 18th to October 22nd of 2010.
The event will consider the capture of species such as: blue marlin, sailfish, wahoo and dolphin fish. The permitted fishing line will be 50 pounds and the notification of a tag and release or a capture will be informed to the marina control centre stating the time, the number of the team and the area where it occurred Eeach crew will Carrie a disposable camera that will be delivered to the jury at the end of the day.
The boats will be those used by MARLIN and fishing yachts from 33 to 52 feet equipped with six lines each.
When it comes to the Registration Fees for the event, hiring a boat will cost 1.800 CUC for three (3) full fishing days and one (1) half fishing day.
The Registration Fee will include the following:
- Specialided crew
- Fishing gear
- Light food and drinks
- Fishing license
The Registration for the Tournament on the other hand costs 350.00 CUC per team from one to four anglers and includes:
- Credentials and official event schedule.
- Welcome cocktail
- Closing ceremony activities
First, second and third places: (according to the scores.) The first capture will be awarded and also the biggest dolphin fish. The team award consists in all cases of silverware work of arts related to fishing. Varying its value according to the place obtained and accompanied with typical Cuban souvenirs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...