Fishy Cuba holidays announced for October with International Fishing Tournament
Debuting for the first time ever, the Jardines del Rey International Tournament is scheduled to take place in Cayo Guillermo as professionals and amateurs joint to compete in the capturing of various marine species with the 'tag and release" method.
For the delight of fishing enthusiasts planning Cuba holidays, the first edition of the Jardines del Rey International Tournament will be held in Cayo Guillermo making use of the marine and fishery potential of the northern part of this beautiful area which will have a yearly basis. In the event, professional or amateur anglers, associated or not with fishing clubs. And Associations who wish to learn more about the sea and its species are invited to participate.
The fishing tournament will take place at Jardines del Rey International Marina of Cayo Guillermo from October 18th to October 22nd of 2010.
The event will consider the capture of species such as: blue marlin, sailfish, wahoo and dolphin fish. The permitted fishing line will be 50 pounds and the notification of a tag and release or a capture will be informed to the marina control centre stating the time, the number of the team and the area where it occurred Eeach crew will Carrie a disposable camera that will be delivered to the jury at the end of the day.
The boats will be those used by MARLIN and fishing yachts from 33 to 52 feet equipped with six lines each.
When it comes to the Registration Fees for the event, hiring a boat will cost 1.800 CUC for three (3) full fishing days and one (1) half fishing day.
The Registration Fee will include the following:
- Specialided crew
- Fishing gear
- Light food and drinks
- Fishing license
The Registration for the Tournament on the other hand costs 350.00 CUC per team from one to four anglers and includes:
- Credentials and official event schedule.
- Welcome cocktail
- Closing ceremony activities
First, second and third places: (according to the scores.) The first capture will be awarded and also the biggest dolphin fish. The team award consists in all cases of silverware work of arts related to fishing. Varying its value according to the place obtained and accompanied with typical Cuban souvenirs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...