Fishy Cuba holidays announced for October with International Fishing Tournament
Debuting for the first time ever, the Jardines del Rey International Tournament is scheduled to take place in Cayo Guillermo as professionals and amateurs joint to compete in the capturing of various marine species with the 'tag and release" method.
For the delight of fishing enthusiasts planning Cuba holidays, the first edition of the Jardines del Rey International Tournament will be held in Cayo Guillermo making use of the marine and fishery potential of the northern part of this beautiful area which will have a yearly basis. In the event, professional or amateur anglers, associated or not with fishing clubs. And Associations who wish to learn more about the sea and its species are invited to participate.
The fishing tournament will take place at Jardines del Rey International Marina of Cayo Guillermo from October 18th to October 22nd of 2010.
The event will consider the capture of species such as: blue marlin, sailfish, wahoo and dolphin fish. The permitted fishing line will be 50 pounds and the notification of a tag and release or a capture will be informed to the marina control centre stating the time, the number of the team and the area where it occurred Eeach crew will Carrie a disposable camera that will be delivered to the jury at the end of the day.
The boats will be those used by MARLIN and fishing yachts from 33 to 52 feet equipped with six lines each.
When it comes to the Registration Fees for the event, hiring a boat will cost 1.800 CUC for three (3) full fishing days and one (1) half fishing day.
The Registration Fee will include the following:
- Specialided crew
- Fishing gear
- Light food and drinks
- Fishing license
The Registration for the Tournament on the other hand costs 350.00 CUC per team from one to four anglers and includes:
- Credentials and official event schedule.
- Welcome cocktail
- Closing ceremony activities
First, second and third places: (according to the scores.) The first capture will be awarded and also the biggest dolphin fish. The team award consists in all cases of silverware work of arts related to fishing. Varying its value according to the place obtained and accompanied with typical Cuban souvenirs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...