Dreams Cancun hotel launches Green Initiatives for Eco-friendly Cancun holidays
The Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa has just launched a special programme to provide eco-friendly Cancun holidays for the protection of the resort's surrounding environment and the preservation of the nearby eco-systems.
The future of eco-friendly Cancun holidays is looking brighter as yet another top class hotel joins in on the effort to add a splash of green ethics to their practices. The latest of Cancun hotels to paint itself a shade of sustainable green is the five-star Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, a grand hotel offering luxury Cancun holidays to discerning travellers. Part of the award-winning AMResorts chain of Dreams Resorts & Spas the Dreams Tulum offers guests with Unlimited-Luxury® Cancun holidays for couples and children alike and now they also offer great new eco initiatives that aim to reduce the resort’s ecological impact. The resort’s efforts focus on a combination of environmental monitoring, infrastructure improvements and on-the-ground operational changes.
Working with resident biologist, Mara Bravo from Yucatan University, Dreams Tulum has incorporated pro-environmental operating procedures designed to minimize impact and educate guests on the surrounding ecology and community.
Elements of the monitoring and operational program include:
- Educational department training for the appropriate process of waste separation
- Assessment of the property’s water microbiological and chemical content
- Optimization of the power system to run on electrical power, saving on propane and other fuels
- New well design and modernization of plumbing infrastructure
- Reusable bags for housekeeping
Dreams Tulum is also incorporating environmentally and socially conscious activities for guests, including:
"The Palm Tour": Interactive guided tour to learn about the unique classifications of palms located throughout the property and surrounding area.
The "Bird and Flower Sightseeing Tour" is an interactive guided tour covering the variety of local trees, flowers and exotic birds living throughout the property and surrounding area.
On the other hand, the "Made in Mexico, Art with Sense" project helps to establish a permanent “Green Market” in the Hotel, to provide guests access to quality, sustainable art, jewelry and fashion created by community artists.
To further support the local community, Dreams Tulum is also launching fundraising efforts and encouraging guests to provide educational materials to the area schools with a focus on musical instruments and eyeglass frames.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more