Dreams Cancun hotel launches Green Initiatives for Eco-friendly Cancun holidays
The Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa has just launched a special programme to provide eco-friendly Cancun holidays for the protection of the resort's surrounding environment and the preservation of the nearby eco-systems.
The future of eco-friendly Cancun holidays is looking brighter as yet another top class hotel joins in on the effort to add a splash of green ethics to their practices. The latest of Cancun hotels to paint itself a shade of sustainable green is the five-star Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, a grand hotel offering luxury Cancun holidays to discerning travellers. Part of the award-winning AMResorts chain of Dreams Resorts & Spas the Dreams Tulum offers guests with Unlimited-Luxury® Cancun holidays for couples and children alike and now they also offer great new eco initiatives that aim to reduce the resort’s ecological impact. The resort’s efforts focus on a combination of environmental monitoring, infrastructure improvements and on-the-ground operational changes.
Working with resident biologist, Mara Bravo from Yucatan University, Dreams Tulum has incorporated pro-environmental operating procedures designed to minimize impact and educate guests on the surrounding ecology and community.
Elements of the monitoring and operational program include:
- Educational department training for the appropriate process of waste separation
- Assessment of the property’s water microbiological and chemical content
- Optimization of the power system to run on electrical power, saving on propane and other fuels
- New well design and modernization of plumbing infrastructure
- Reusable bags for housekeeping
Dreams Tulum is also incorporating environmentally and socially conscious activities for guests, including:
"The Palm Tour": Interactive guided tour to learn about the unique classifications of palms located throughout the property and surrounding area.
The "Bird and Flower Sightseeing Tour" is an interactive guided tour covering the variety of local trees, flowers and exotic birds living throughout the property and surrounding area.
On the other hand, the "Made in Mexico, Art with Sense" project helps to establish a permanent “Green Market” in the Hotel, to provide guests access to quality, sustainable art, jewelry and fashion created by community artists.
To further support the local community, Dreams Tulum is also launching fundraising efforts and encouraging guests to provide educational materials to the area schools with a focus on musical instruments and eyeglass frames.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...