Mountain Biking Resort for Active Dominican Republic holidays
The announcement has been made that a U.S company is set to start developing a premier mountain biking holiday destination after acquiring ParkVida, a 700-acre Dominican resort to include all kinds of mountain biking modalities and disciplines.
It has been recently announced by a U.S. Corporation that a letter requesting to acquire Park Capital Management, Inc. (Park), a private company headquartered in Regina, has been signed with the intention of developing a mountain biking resort for bike fanatics to enjoy adventurous biking activity during Dominican Republic holidays.
Unveiling the future plans for this new development catering to the adventure market for active travellers planning action-filled Dominican Republic holidays, the Montana Mining Corp. a public company trading under the symbol MMGC.OB (Montana) revealed in a recent statement that it is to design, construct and operate ParkVida to convert it into a premiere holiday destination resort designed for mountain biking of all disciplines (i.e. downhill, cross-country, free ride, dirt jump, trials/street, and cyclocross).
"Six years of faith in the right people, sheer determination, and patience supported by our uncompromised dream of procuring the perfect terrain for a rider park has brought us to this point," said Jay Blackmore, president of Park. "The chance to develop what will be the greatest destination rider park in the world for an international audience of fifty million riders through a public entity is a just reward for our efforts and provides a mechanism by which riders can participate in our venture."
For action packed holidays in the Dominican Republic, the 700-acre resort will offer mountain biking aficionados and adventurers an unparalleled biking experience that includes gorgeous vistas, handcrafted single-track trails, burms, tabletops, hipturns, ladderdrops, beautiful transitions, feature and skills parks, and dirt jumps, the statement said.
Park's goal is to design, construct and operate ParkVida as a great mountain biking resort suited to every kind of mountain biker searching for the perfect adventure scenario for rocking and rolling Dominican Republic holidays. Nestled between lush mountains, running along green valleys, and encompassing alpine forests in the heart of the Dominican Republic, after a challenging day of biking, visitors will be able relax in an exclusive, "six-star" resort that retains its rural flavor far off the beaten path. Park expects that ParkVida will be open for its first season by 31st October, 2011.
"We are excited about the promise associated with our intended acquisition," said Ruairidh Campbell, chief executive officer of Montana. "Mountain biking has become the activity of choice for many outdoor enthusiasts yet the number of full-service facilities dedicated to this growing industry is limited." Mr. Campbell added, "I believe that ParkVida will attract bikers from around the world for its exotic location and mountain bike specific amenities."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...