Mountain Biking Resort for Active Dominican Republic holidays
The announcement has been made that a U.S company is set to start developing a premier mountain biking holiday destination after acquiring ParkVida, a 700-acre Dominican resort to include all kinds of mountain biking modalities and disciplines.
It has been recently announced by a U.S. Corporation that a letter requesting to acquire Park Capital Management, Inc. (Park), a private company headquartered in Regina, has been signed with the intention of developing a mountain biking resort for bike fanatics to enjoy adventurous biking activity during Dominican Republic holidays.
Unveiling the future plans for this new development catering to the adventure market for active travellers planning action-filled Dominican Republic holidays, the Montana Mining Corp. a public company trading under the symbol MMGC.OB (Montana) revealed in a recent statement that it is to design, construct and operate ParkVida to convert it into a premiere holiday destination resort designed for mountain biking of all disciplines (i.e. downhill, cross-country, free ride, dirt jump, trials/street, and cyclocross).
"Six years of faith in the right people, sheer determination, and patience supported by our uncompromised dream of procuring the perfect terrain for a rider park has brought us to this point," said Jay Blackmore, president of Park. "The chance to develop what will be the greatest destination rider park in the world for an international audience of fifty million riders through a public entity is a just reward for our efforts and provides a mechanism by which riders can participate in our venture."
For action packed holidays in the Dominican Republic, the 700-acre resort will offer mountain biking aficionados and adventurers an unparalleled biking experience that includes gorgeous vistas, handcrafted single-track trails, burms, tabletops, hipturns, ladderdrops, beautiful transitions, feature and skills parks, and dirt jumps, the statement said.
Park's goal is to design, construct and operate ParkVida as a great mountain biking resort suited to every kind of mountain biker searching for the perfect adventure scenario for rocking and rolling Dominican Republic holidays. Nestled between lush mountains, running along green valleys, and encompassing alpine forests in the heart of the Dominican Republic, after a challenging day of biking, visitors will be able relax in an exclusive, "six-star" resort that retains its rural flavor far off the beaten path. Park expects that ParkVida will be open for its first season by 31st October, 2011.
"We are excited about the promise associated with our intended acquisition," said Ruairidh Campbell, chief executive officer of Montana. "Mountain biking has become the activity of choice for many outdoor enthusiasts yet the number of full-service facilities dedicated to this growing industry is limited." Mr. Campbell added, "I believe that ParkVida will attract bikers from around the world for its exotic location and mountain bike specific amenities."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Live it up and enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy unlimited luxury, sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...