Emirates Airlines appoints new Senior Vice President of West Asia and Indian Ocean
Emirates Airlines has announced the new Senior Vice President for commercial operations in West Asia and the Indian Ocean with the appointment of Sheikh Majid Al Mualla who has been working for the airline since 1996.
Sheikh Majid Al Mualla has been announced as the new Senior Vice President for Commercial Operations in West Asia and the Indian Ocean for Emirate Airlines.
Al Mualla has worked for Emirates Airlines since 1996 and has been promoted to Senior Vice President after working as the Vice President of the carrier for the past twelve months. During Al Mualla's time as Vice President, the airline has expanded their services in the West Asia and Indian Ocean region providing Sri Lanka flights and Mauritius and Seychelles holidays for travellers from all across the globe. The number of flights to ten destinations in India was also increased to 184 flights a week.
The President of Emirates Airline, Tim Clark, said that Al Mualla has shown great talent and dedication throughout his long career at the airline and provides experience and valuable insight to the company as well as strong leadership skills which contributed towards the airline seeing record profits during a difficult financial year.
Founded in 1985 with jut two leased aircraft, Emirates Airlines now provide travellers with over 100 global destinations including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cape Town, Sao Paulo, Milan, Nice, Dubai, Guangzhou, Kozhikode, the Seychelles, the Maldives, Mauritius, Durban, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Madrid, Prague, Baghdad, Medina, Egypt, Beijing, Sri Lanka, Australia, and the UK.
The airline has a number of subsidiaries including Emirates Tours, Emirates Holidays, Arabian Adventures, Congress Solutions International, Emirates Flight Catering, and Marhaba Airport Services.
Over the years Emirates Airlines has received a number of awards from its in-flight catering and entertainment to its overall excellence in services. In 2009 alone the airline won awards for Best Airline Website, Best Airline Based in the Middle East/Indian Sub-Continent, Best Inflight Entertainment, Best Airline, Best Frequent Flyer Programme, and Longhaul Airline of the Year – Nonstop.
The Dubai-based airline which is wholly owned by the government of Dubai operates a fleet of 137 aircraft and provides travellers with first class, business class and economy class flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...