Emirates Airlines appoints new Senior Vice President of West Asia and Indian Ocean
Emirates Airlines has announced the new Senior Vice President for commercial operations in West Asia and the Indian Ocean with the appointment of Sheikh Majid Al Mualla who has been working for the airline since 1996.
Sheikh Majid Al Mualla has been announced as the new Senior Vice President for Commercial Operations in West Asia and the Indian Ocean for Emirate Airlines.
Al Mualla has worked for Emirates Airlines since 1996 and has been promoted to Senior Vice President after working as the Vice President of the carrier for the past twelve months. During Al Mualla's time as Vice President, the airline has expanded their services in the West Asia and Indian Ocean region providing Sri Lanka flights and Mauritius and Seychelles holidays for travellers from all across the globe. The number of flights to ten destinations in India was also increased to 184 flights a week.
The President of Emirates Airline, Tim Clark, said that Al Mualla has shown great talent and dedication throughout his long career at the airline and provides experience and valuable insight to the company as well as strong leadership skills which contributed towards the airline seeing record profits during a difficult financial year.
Founded in 1985 with jut two leased aircraft, Emirates Airlines now provide travellers with over 100 global destinations including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Cape Town, Sao Paulo, Milan, Nice, Dubai, Guangzhou, Kozhikode, the Seychelles, the Maldives, Mauritius, Durban, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Madrid, Prague, Baghdad, Medina, Egypt, Beijing, Sri Lanka, Australia, and the UK.
The airline has a number of subsidiaries including Emirates Tours, Emirates Holidays, Arabian Adventures, Congress Solutions International, Emirates Flight Catering, and Marhaba Airport Services.
Over the years Emirates Airlines has received a number of awards from its in-flight catering and entertainment to its overall excellence in services. In 2009 alone the airline won awards for Best Airline Website, Best Airline Based in the Middle East/Indian Sub-Continent, Best Inflight Entertainment, Best Airline, Best Frequent Flyer Programme, and Longhaul Airline of the Year – Nonstop.
The Dubai-based airline which is wholly owned by the government of Dubai operates a fleet of 137 aircraft and provides travellers with first class, business class and economy class flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...