Africa holidays's Greatest Golden Assets Nominated for World Travel Awards
The best and finest of hotels, tour operators, travel agencies and many other companies in Africa's tourism industry will soon be battling it out during the World Travel Awards. All nominees are crossing fingers to walk out with the coveted travel prizes.
As many as 200 of Africa’s key ‘movers and shakers’ in the Africa holidays industry will be attending the most important event of the year for the travel and tourism industry which will be held on Wednesday 7th July at the Sandton Conventon Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The gathering for the Indian Ocean and Africa Ceremony will include CEO’s and directors of some of the region’s leading travel companies including Government Ministers, heads of tourism departments and holiday destinations as well as industry association leaders. They will all be gathering – many with fingers crossed – hoping to be among the elite to sweep off one of the prestigious World Travel Awards, described as the ‘Oscars’ of travel and tourism.
“This is Africa's finest night for tourism”, said Graham E. Cooke, Founder and President, World Travel Awards. “It’s a once-a-year opportunity to recognise the exceptional quality, creativity and leading edge performance of Africa’s top operators.”
During the past few months, industry professionals in the Africa holidays market have been voting worldwide for the African companies and brands that they believe deserve to win such honours. With voting closing in a few days on 7th June, African nominees are among 5,000 nominated companies in the whole of Africa and the Indian Ocean, spread across more than a 1,000 categories, including airlines, cruise companies, destinations, resorts and hotels in 162 countries.
Scheduled to take place at 5.00pm, the presentation ceremony for the awards won't mean that attendees will have to miss out on the crucial match as a giant screen will show the FIFA World Cup Semi Final immediately after the ceremony.
African nominations among a selected group of companies and organisation working for Africa holidays include the creme de la creme of the region’s travel and tourism. South Africa Airways, Air Namibia, Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways and Royal Air Maroc are fighting it out to take the title of Africa’s Leading Airline. In the running for Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel are Camps Bay Retreat; Diaz 15, South Africa; La Gemma Dell’Est Zanzibar, Tanzania; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Bay Hotel, South Africa and The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania.
The fight for Africa’s Leading Business Hotel title is also going to be a knuckle-biting affair. Nominations are: Alexandria, Four Seasons, Conrad Cairo, Eqypt; Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, Egypt; Hilton, Durban, Mena House Oberoi, Egypt; Sandton Sun and The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays.
The biggest struggle though will be among the 12 leading Africa hotels anxious to win the coveted title of Africa’s Leading Hotel. A long list of nominees will be battling out in the arena hoping to be named the industry's leader. And because consumers use the awards as a benchmark of quality, besides the honour of winning the prize, winners receive significant commercial benefits.
In addition to overall Africa categories, there are awards for those in the industry of: Botswana holidays, Cape Verde holidays, Egypt holidays, Ethiopia holidays, Gambia holidays, Ghana holidays, Kenya holidays, Morocco holidays, Mozambique holidays, Namibia holidays, Nigeria holidays, South Africa holidays, Tunisia holidays, Zambia holidays and Zimbabwe holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...