Africa holidays's Greatest Golden Assets Nominated for World Travel Awards
The best and finest of hotels, tour operators, travel agencies and many other companies in Africa's tourism industry will soon be battling it out during the World Travel Awards. All nominees are crossing fingers to walk out with the coveted travel prizes.
As many as 200 of Africa’s key ‘movers and shakers’ in the Africa holidays industry will be attending the most important event of the year for the travel and tourism industry which will be held on Wednesday 7th July at the Sandton Conventon Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The gathering for the Indian Ocean and Africa Ceremony will include CEO’s and directors of some of the region’s leading travel companies including Government Ministers, heads of tourism departments and holiday destinations as well as industry association leaders. They will all be gathering – many with fingers crossed – hoping to be among the elite to sweep off one of the prestigious World Travel Awards, described as the ‘Oscars’ of travel and tourism.
“This is Africa's finest night for tourism”, said Graham E. Cooke, Founder and President, World Travel Awards. “It’s a once-a-year opportunity to recognise the exceptional quality, creativity and leading edge performance of Africa’s top operators.”
During the past few months, industry professionals in the Africa holidays market have been voting worldwide for the African companies and brands that they believe deserve to win such honours. With voting closing in a few days on 7th June, African nominees are among 5,000 nominated companies in the whole of Africa and the Indian Ocean, spread across more than a 1,000 categories, including airlines, cruise companies, destinations, resorts and hotels in 162 countries.
Scheduled to take place at 5.00pm, the presentation ceremony for the awards won't mean that attendees will have to miss out on the crucial match as a giant screen will show the FIFA World Cup Semi Final immediately after the ceremony.
African nominations among a selected group of companies and organisation working for Africa holidays include the creme de la creme of the region’s travel and tourism. South Africa Airways, Air Namibia, Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways and Royal Air Maroc are fighting it out to take the title of Africa’s Leading Airline. In the running for Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel are Camps Bay Retreat; Diaz 15, South Africa; La Gemma Dell’Est Zanzibar, Tanzania; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Bay Hotel, South Africa and The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania.
The fight for Africa’s Leading Business Hotel title is also going to be a knuckle-biting affair. Nominations are: Alexandria, Four Seasons, Conrad Cairo, Eqypt; Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, Egypt; Hilton, Durban, Mena House Oberoi, Egypt; Sandton Sun and The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays.
The biggest struggle though will be among the 12 leading Africa hotels anxious to win the coveted title of Africa’s Leading Hotel. A long list of nominees will be battling out in the arena hoping to be named the industry's leader. And because consumers use the awards as a benchmark of quality, besides the honour of winning the prize, winners receive significant commercial benefits.
In addition to overall Africa categories, there are awards for those in the industry of: Botswana holidays, Cape Verde holidays, Egypt holidays, Ethiopia holidays, Gambia holidays, Ghana holidays, Kenya holidays, Morocco holidays, Mozambique holidays, Namibia holidays, Nigeria holidays, South Africa holidays, Tunisia holidays, Zambia holidays and Zimbabwe holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Combine two fascinating countries in one, with South Africa and Dubai as your perfect choice
- Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park
- Enjoy some ice skating in Dubai, even in summer!
- Gasp at the glory of God's Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...