Africa holidays's Greatest Golden Assets Nominated for World Travel Awards
The best and finest of hotels, tour operators, travel agencies and many other companies in Africa's tourism industry will soon be battling it out during the World Travel Awards. All nominees are crossing fingers to walk out with the coveted travel prizes.
As many as 200 of Africa’s key ‘movers and shakers’ in the Africa holidays industry will be attending the most important event of the year for the travel and tourism industry which will be held on Wednesday 7th July at the Sandton Conventon Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The gathering for the Indian Ocean and Africa Ceremony will include CEO’s and directors of some of the region’s leading travel companies including Government Ministers, heads of tourism departments and holiday destinations as well as industry association leaders. They will all be gathering – many with fingers crossed – hoping to be among the elite to sweep off one of the prestigious World Travel Awards, described as the ‘Oscars’ of travel and tourism.
“This is Africa's finest night for tourism”, said Graham E. Cooke, Founder and President, World Travel Awards. “It’s a once-a-year opportunity to recognise the exceptional quality, creativity and leading edge performance of Africa’s top operators.”
During the past few months, industry professionals in the Africa holidays market have been voting worldwide for the African companies and brands that they believe deserve to win such honours. With voting closing in a few days on 7th June, African nominees are among 5,000 nominated companies in the whole of Africa and the Indian Ocean, spread across more than a 1,000 categories, including airlines, cruise companies, destinations, resorts and hotels in 162 countries.
Scheduled to take place at 5.00pm, the presentation ceremony for the awards won't mean that attendees will have to miss out on the crucial match as a giant screen will show the FIFA World Cup Semi Final immediately after the ceremony.
African nominations among a selected group of companies and organisation working for Africa holidays include the creme de la creme of the region’s travel and tourism. South Africa Airways, Air Namibia, Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways and Royal Air Maroc are fighting it out to take the title of Africa’s Leading Airline. In the running for Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel are Camps Bay Retreat; Diaz 15, South Africa; La Gemma Dell’Est Zanzibar, Tanzania; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Bay Hotel, South Africa and The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania.
The fight for Africa’s Leading Business Hotel title is also going to be a knuckle-biting affair. Nominations are: Alexandria, Four Seasons, Conrad Cairo, Eqypt; Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, Egypt; Hilton, Durban, Mena House Oberoi, Egypt; Sandton Sun and The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays.
The biggest struggle though will be among the 12 leading Africa hotels anxious to win the coveted title of Africa’s Leading Hotel. A long list of nominees will be battling out in the arena hoping to be named the industry's leader. And because consumers use the awards as a benchmark of quality, besides the honour of winning the prize, winners receive significant commercial benefits.
In addition to overall Africa categories, there are awards for those in the industry of: Botswana holidays, Cape Verde holidays, Egypt holidays, Ethiopia holidays, Gambia holidays, Ghana holidays, Kenya holidays, Morocco holidays, Mozambique holidays, Namibia holidays, Nigeria holidays, South Africa holidays, Tunisia holidays, Zambia holidays and Zimbabwe holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Be amazed by this once in a lifetime nature experience at the Isimangaliso Wetland Park
- Take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience, giving you memories that you'll cherish forever!
- Experience the magestic views and stunning wildlife up close
- Benefit from the local expert knowledge, giving you the best posible experience of the local wildlife
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...