Latin America Airline, GOL, Announces regular flights to Barbados
Latin America's low cost airline, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A, has announced that they will be providing regular flights to Barbados in the Caribbean from Brazil which will be commencing from 26 June 2010 and will operate under the VARIG brand.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has recently announced that they will be offering new weekly Caribbean flights taking passengers on Barbados holidays from Brazil under the VARIG brand and service. Market Vice-President of GOL, Latin America's low-cost airline, Claudia Pagnano, said:
"We will be the only Brazilian airline to offer regular flights to Barbados. Our operation will reduce the journey time of Brazilians visiting this destination by several hours. Currently the fastest route is via the United States."
The new weekly flights to Barbados will depart Sao Paulo International Airport in Brazil at 4.35pm on Saturdays and will arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados at 9.15pm local time. The returning Caribbean flights will leave Bridgetown at 10pm local time on Saturdays and arrive in Sao Paulo at 4.35am local time on Sundays.
The flights to Barbados will be operated under the VARIG brand which will include economy and Comfort class which will provide passengers with extra leg room, individual onboard entertainment, hot meals, privacy during flights, exclusive check-in facilities, priority boarding and disembarking, and a 150% SMILES mileage bonus.
GOL has also formed partnerships with Caribbean tour operators so that they can sell accommodation, activities and flight packages to tourists booking Caribbean holidays and business travellers. Barbados offers visitors a tropical climate, stunning white pristine beaches, a range of activities and an array of accommodation from luxury resorts to traditional guesthouses. The new flights to Barbados will open up the possibility of developing multi centre holidays combining Barbados and Brazil for the UK market.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has been operating since 2001 and is the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America. The airline operates over 860 daily flights to 50 destinations which connect to all of the main cities in Brazil as well as 12 destinations in the Caribbean and South America.
The Sao Paulo-based airline operates a fleet of approximately 110 Boeing 737 aircraft and brand names of the company include VAGRIS, SMILES, VOE FACIL, and GOLLOG.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...