Latin America Airline, GOL, Announces regular flights to Barbados
Latin America's low cost airline, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A, has announced that they will be providing regular flights to Barbados in the Caribbean from Brazil which will be commencing from 26 June 2010 and will operate under the VARIG brand.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has recently announced that they will be offering new weekly Caribbean flights taking passengers on Barbados holidays from Brazil under the VARIG brand and service. Market Vice-President of GOL, Latin America's low-cost airline, Claudia Pagnano, said:
"We will be the only Brazilian airline to offer regular flights to Barbados. Our operation will reduce the journey time of Brazilians visiting this destination by several hours. Currently the fastest route is via the United States."
The new weekly flights to Barbados will depart Sao Paulo International Airport in Brazil at 4.35pm on Saturdays and will arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados at 9.15pm local time. The returning Caribbean flights will leave Bridgetown at 10pm local time on Saturdays and arrive in Sao Paulo at 4.35am local time on Sundays.
The flights to Barbados will be operated under the VARIG brand which will include economy and Comfort class which will provide passengers with extra leg room, individual onboard entertainment, hot meals, privacy during flights, exclusive check-in facilities, priority boarding and disembarking, and a 150% SMILES mileage bonus.
GOL has also formed partnerships with Caribbean tour operators so that they can sell accommodation, activities and flight packages to tourists booking Caribbean holidays and business travellers. Barbados offers visitors a tropical climate, stunning white pristine beaches, a range of activities and an array of accommodation from luxury resorts to traditional guesthouses. The new flights to Barbados will open up the possibility of developing multi centre holidays combining Barbados and Brazil for the UK market.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has been operating since 2001 and is the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America. The airline operates over 860 daily flights to 50 destinations which connect to all of the main cities in Brazil as well as 12 destinations in the Caribbean and South America.
The Sao Paulo-based airline operates a fleet of approximately 110 Boeing 737 aircraft and brand names of the company include VAGRIS, SMILES, VOE FACIL, and GOLLOG.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...