Latin America Airline, GOL, Announces regular flights to Barbados
Latin America's low cost airline, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A, has announced that they will be providing regular flights to Barbados in the Caribbean from Brazil which will be commencing from 26 June 2010 and will operate under the VARIG brand.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has recently announced that they will be offering new weekly Caribbean flights taking passengers on Barbados holidays from Brazil under the VARIG brand and service. Market Vice-President of GOL, Latin America's low-cost airline, Claudia Pagnano, said:
"We will be the only Brazilian airline to offer regular flights to Barbados. Our operation will reduce the journey time of Brazilians visiting this destination by several hours. Currently the fastest route is via the United States."
The new weekly flights to Barbados will depart Sao Paulo International Airport in Brazil at 4.35pm on Saturdays and will arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados at 9.15pm local time. The returning Caribbean flights will leave Bridgetown at 10pm local time on Saturdays and arrive in Sao Paulo at 4.35am local time on Sundays.
The flights to Barbados will be operated under the VARIG brand which will include economy and Comfort class which will provide passengers with extra leg room, individual onboard entertainment, hot meals, privacy during flights, exclusive check-in facilities, priority boarding and disembarking, and a 150% SMILES mileage bonus.
GOL has also formed partnerships with Caribbean tour operators so that they can sell accommodation, activities and flight packages to tourists booking Caribbean holidays and business travellers. Barbados offers visitors a tropical climate, stunning white pristine beaches, a range of activities and an array of accommodation from luxury resorts to traditional guesthouses. The new flights to Barbados will open up the possibility of developing multi centre holidays combining Barbados and Brazil for the UK market.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has been operating since 2001 and is the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America. The airline operates over 860 daily flights to 50 destinations which connect to all of the main cities in Brazil as well as 12 destinations in the Caribbean and South America.
The Sao Paulo-based airline operates a fleet of approximately 110 Boeing 737 aircraft and brand names of the company include VAGRIS, SMILES, VOE FACIL, and GOLLOG.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...