Latin America Airline, GOL, Announces regular flights to Barbados
Latin America's low cost airline, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A, has announced that they will be providing regular flights to Barbados in the Caribbean from Brazil which will be commencing from 26 June 2010 and will operate under the VARIG brand.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has recently announced that they will be offering new weekly Caribbean flights taking passengers on Barbados holidays from Brazil under the VARIG brand and service. Market Vice-President of GOL, Latin America's low-cost airline, Claudia Pagnano, said:
"We will be the only Brazilian airline to offer regular flights to Barbados. Our operation will reduce the journey time of Brazilians visiting this destination by several hours. Currently the fastest route is via the United States."
The new weekly flights to Barbados will depart Sao Paulo International Airport in Brazil at 4.35pm on Saturdays and will arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados at 9.15pm local time. The returning Caribbean flights will leave Bridgetown at 10pm local time on Saturdays and arrive in Sao Paulo at 4.35am local time on Sundays.
The flights to Barbados will be operated under the VARIG brand which will include economy and Comfort class which will provide passengers with extra leg room, individual onboard entertainment, hot meals, privacy during flights, exclusive check-in facilities, priority boarding and disembarking, and a 150% SMILES mileage bonus.
GOL has also formed partnerships with Caribbean tour operators so that they can sell accommodation, activities and flight packages to tourists booking Caribbean holidays and business travellers. Barbados offers visitors a tropical climate, stunning white pristine beaches, a range of activities and an array of accommodation from luxury resorts to traditional guesthouses. The new flights to Barbados will open up the possibility of developing multi centre holidays combining Barbados and Brazil for the UK market.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has been operating since 2001 and is the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America. The airline operates over 860 daily flights to 50 destinations which connect to all of the main cities in Brazil as well as 12 destinations in the Caribbean and South America.
The Sao Paulo-based airline operates a fleet of approximately 110 Boeing 737 aircraft and brand names of the company include VAGRIS, SMILES, VOE FACIL, and GOLLOG.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...