Latin America Airline, GOL, Announces regular flights to Barbados
Latin America's low cost airline, GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A, has announced that they will be providing regular flights to Barbados in the Caribbean from Brazil which will be commencing from 26 June 2010 and will operate under the VARIG brand.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has recently announced that they will be offering new weekly Caribbean flights taking passengers on Barbados holidays from Brazil under the VARIG brand and service. Market Vice-President of GOL, Latin America's low-cost airline, Claudia Pagnano, said:
"We will be the only Brazilian airline to offer regular flights to Barbados. Our operation will reduce the journey time of Brazilians visiting this destination by several hours. Currently the fastest route is via the United States."
The new weekly flights to Barbados will depart Sao Paulo International Airport in Brazil at 4.35pm on Saturdays and will arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados at 9.15pm local time. The returning Caribbean flights will leave Bridgetown at 10pm local time on Saturdays and arrive in Sao Paulo at 4.35am local time on Sundays.
The flights to Barbados will be operated under the VARIG brand which will include economy and Comfort class which will provide passengers with extra leg room, individual onboard entertainment, hot meals, privacy during flights, exclusive check-in facilities, priority boarding and disembarking, and a 150% SMILES mileage bonus.
GOL has also formed partnerships with Caribbean tour operators so that they can sell accommodation, activities and flight packages to tourists booking Caribbean holidays and business travellers. Barbados offers visitors a tropical climate, stunning white pristine beaches, a range of activities and an array of accommodation from luxury resorts to traditional guesthouses. The new flights to Barbados will open up the possibility of developing multi centre holidays combining Barbados and Brazil for the UK market.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A has been operating since 2001 and is the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America. The airline operates over 860 daily flights to 50 destinations which connect to all of the main cities in Brazil as well as 12 destinations in the Caribbean and South America.
The Sao Paulo-based airline operates a fleet of approximately 110 Boeing 737 aircraft and brand names of the company include VAGRIS, SMILES, VOE FACIL, and GOLLOG.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...