Barcelo expanding its product offering for Cuba holidays
Already accounting with 6 Cuba hotels at prime beach resort areas and after having recently opened its first city Havana hotel, the Spanish chain of Barcelo hotels is not slowing down their expansion in Cuba, having announced a new hotel opening in July.
With Cuba holidays currently representing Barcelo’s third main destination in Latin America, and with the company operating the largest number of hotels in the island, only trailing behind Mexico and The Dominican Republic. And it looks like the hotelier has its heart set firmly on expanding on the Cuba holidays market. The Spanish hotel chain Barceló Hotels Resorts has made an official announcement disclosing how it plans to expand its offerings in Cuba from next July with the opening of its latest resort of Arenas Blancas, a four-star hotel with 358 rooms, at the Varadero resort in central Matanzas province.
Together, Prensa Latina news agency reports that Arenas Blancas and the Solymar Hotel will combine to form the Barceló Solymar-Arenas Blancas; a mega-huge, all-inclusive resort complex with 883 rooms.
With this new facility, Barceló will register a total of six hotels and over 3,000 rooms in Cuba, which makes the island the third most important destination of this Spanish group in Latin America only behind Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
This Spanish company from Majorca also manages two five-star facilities in Varadero: the Barceló Marina Palace and Cayo Libertad, with 548 and 85 rooms, respectively.
Last year, the group opened the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria, a modern luxury complex in Cayo Santa Maria, a small island located north of the central province of Villa Clara. This complex has two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms.
Only last February this year, they inaugurated the Barcelo Habana Ciudad, a five-star facility with 186 rooms, which is their first city hotel, catering to a new segment of the Cuba holidays market, those holidaymakers that want to explore the vibrant culture and city life of the country’s capital, away from the main and more popular beach resorts of Varadero and the pristine keys, where the firm already has a strong presence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...