Barcelo expanding its product offering for Cuba holidays
Already accounting with 6 Cuba hotels at prime beach resort areas and after having recently opened its first city Havana hotel, the Spanish chain of Barcelo hotels is not slowing down their expansion in Cuba, having announced a new hotel opening in July.
With Cuba holidays currently representing Barcelo’s third main destination in Latin America, and with the company operating the largest number of hotels in the island, only trailing behind Mexico and The Dominican Republic. And it looks like the hotelier has its heart set firmly on expanding on the Cuba holidays market. The Spanish hotel chain Barceló Hotels Resorts has made an official announcement disclosing how it plans to expand its offerings in Cuba from next July with the opening of its latest resort of Arenas Blancas, a four-star hotel with 358 rooms, at the Varadero resort in central Matanzas province.
Together, Prensa Latina news agency reports that Arenas Blancas and the Solymar Hotel will combine to form the Barceló Solymar-Arenas Blancas; a mega-huge, all-inclusive resort complex with 883 rooms.
With this new facility, Barceló will register a total of six hotels and over 3,000 rooms in Cuba, which makes the island the third most important destination of this Spanish group in Latin America only behind Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
This Spanish company from Majorca also manages two five-star facilities in Varadero: the Barceló Marina Palace and Cayo Libertad, with 548 and 85 rooms, respectively.
Last year, the group opened the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria, a modern luxury complex in Cayo Santa Maria, a small island located north of the central province of Villa Clara. This complex has two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms.
Only last February this year, they inaugurated the Barcelo Habana Ciudad, a five-star facility with 186 rooms, which is their first city hotel, catering to a new segment of the Cuba holidays market, those holidaymakers that want to explore the vibrant culture and city life of the country’s capital, away from the main and more popular beach resorts of Varadero and the pristine keys, where the firm already has a strong presence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the crystal clear waters of Varadero and slip into total relaxation this summer
- Enjoy a grilled feast with a restaurant on the beach
- Within close proximity to such famous attractions as the Ecological Reserve at Varahicacos
- Close to one of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in Cuba
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...