Barcelo expanding its product offering for Cuba holidays
Already accounting with 6 Cuba hotels at prime beach resort areas and after having recently opened its first city Havana hotel, the Spanish chain of Barcelo hotels is not slowing down their expansion in Cuba, having announced a new hotel opening in July.
With Cuba holidays currently representing Barcelo’s third main destination in Latin America, and with the company operating the largest number of hotels in the island, only trailing behind Mexico and The Dominican Republic. And it looks like the hotelier has its heart set firmly on expanding on the Cuba holidays market. The Spanish hotel chain Barceló Hotels Resorts has made an official announcement disclosing how it plans to expand its offerings in Cuba from next July with the opening of its latest resort of Arenas Blancas, a four-star hotel with 358 rooms, at the Varadero resort in central Matanzas province.
Together, Prensa Latina news agency reports that Arenas Blancas and the Solymar Hotel will combine to form the Barceló Solymar-Arenas Blancas; a mega-huge, all-inclusive resort complex with 883 rooms.
With this new facility, Barceló will register a total of six hotels and over 3,000 rooms in Cuba, which makes the island the third most important destination of this Spanish group in Latin America only behind Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
This Spanish company from Majorca also manages two five-star facilities in Varadero: the Barceló Marina Palace and Cayo Libertad, with 548 and 85 rooms, respectively.
Last year, the group opened the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria, a modern luxury complex in Cayo Santa Maria, a small island located north of the central province of Villa Clara. This complex has two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms.
Only last February this year, they inaugurated the Barcelo Habana Ciudad, a five-star facility with 186 rooms, which is their first city hotel, catering to a new segment of the Cuba holidays market, those holidaymakers that want to explore the vibrant culture and city life of the country’s capital, away from the main and more popular beach resorts of Varadero and the pristine keys, where the firm already has a strong presence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...