Barcelo expanding its product offering for Cuba holidays
Already accounting with 6 Cuba hotels at prime beach resort areas and after having recently opened its first city Havana hotel, the Spanish chain of Barcelo hotels is not slowing down their expansion in Cuba, having announced a new hotel opening in July.
With Cuba holidays currently representing Barcelo’s third main destination in Latin America, and with the company operating the largest number of hotels in the island, only trailing behind Mexico and The Dominican Republic. And it looks like the hotelier has its heart set firmly on expanding on the Cuba holidays market. The Spanish hotel chain Barceló Hotels Resorts has made an official announcement disclosing how it plans to expand its offerings in Cuba from next July with the opening of its latest resort of Arenas Blancas, a four-star hotel with 358 rooms, at the Varadero resort in central Matanzas province.
Together, Prensa Latina news agency reports that Arenas Blancas and the Solymar Hotel will combine to form the Barceló Solymar-Arenas Blancas; a mega-huge, all-inclusive resort complex with 883 rooms.
With this new facility, Barceló will register a total of six hotels and over 3,000 rooms in Cuba, which makes the island the third most important destination of this Spanish group in Latin America only behind Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
This Spanish company from Majorca also manages two five-star facilities in Varadero: the Barceló Marina Palace and Cayo Libertad, with 548 and 85 rooms, respectively.
Last year, the group opened the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria, a modern luxury complex in Cayo Santa Maria, a small island located north of the central province of Villa Clara. This complex has two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms.
Only last February this year, they inaugurated the Barcelo Habana Ciudad, a five-star facility with 186 rooms, which is their first city hotel, catering to a new segment of the Cuba holidays market, those holidaymakers that want to explore the vibrant culture and city life of the country’s capital, away from the main and more popular beach resorts of Varadero and the pristine keys, where the firm already has a strong presence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...