Barcelo expanding its product offering for Cuba holidays
Already accounting with 6 Cuba hotels at prime beach resort areas and after having recently opened its first city Havana hotel, the Spanish chain of Barcelo hotels is not slowing down their expansion in Cuba, having announced a new hotel opening in July.
With Cuba holidays currently representing Barcelo’s third main destination in Latin America, and with the company operating the largest number of hotels in the island, only trailing behind Mexico and The Dominican Republic. And it looks like the hotelier has its heart set firmly on expanding on the Cuba holidays market. The Spanish hotel chain Barceló Hotels Resorts has made an official announcement disclosing how it plans to expand its offerings in Cuba from next July with the opening of its latest resort of Arenas Blancas, a four-star hotel with 358 rooms, at the Varadero resort in central Matanzas province.
Together, Prensa Latina news agency reports that Arenas Blancas and the Solymar Hotel will combine to form the Barceló Solymar-Arenas Blancas; a mega-huge, all-inclusive resort complex with 883 rooms.
With this new facility, Barceló will register a total of six hotels and over 3,000 rooms in Cuba, which makes the island the third most important destination of this Spanish group in Latin America only behind Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
This Spanish company from Majorca also manages two five-star facilities in Varadero: the Barceló Marina Palace and Cayo Libertad, with 548 and 85 rooms, respectively.
Last year, the group opened the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria, a modern luxury complex in Cayo Santa Maria, a small island located north of the central province of Villa Clara. This complex has two five-star hotels with more than 1,000 rooms.
Only last February this year, they inaugurated the Barcelo Habana Ciudad, a five-star facility with 186 rooms, which is their first city hotel, catering to a new segment of the Cuba holidays market, those holidaymakers that want to explore the vibrant culture and city life of the country’s capital, away from the main and more popular beach resorts of Varadero and the pristine keys, where the firm already has a strong presence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...