St Lucia holidays expecting record numbers of visitors this summer
After it was revealed that only holidays to the U.S Virgin Islands and St Lucia holidays emerged triumphant registering a double-digit growth in tourism figures, St Lucia holidays now expects to attract a record number of visitors for this summer season.
Only two holiday destinations in the Caribbean, St Lucia holidays and the United States Virgin Islands, have recorded double-digit growth in the tourism industry. At least that’s according to Smith Travel Research, which is an independent benchmarking company.
The growth rate for St Lucia holidays during the first quarter of the year was listed at 14.3 %. Smith research has also rated St Lucia holidays in a top five rating by investors for its investment friendly climate. The news is welcomed by Tourism Minister Allen Chastanet who was informed of the rating at the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Investment Conference 2010 (CHTIC 2010) held in Puerto Rico on 6th May 2010.
“This means that the policies we put in place have been working and in very trying times too,” - the minister told the STAR on Friday. “We have been bucking the trend. The numbers are even more incredible when one takes into account that our US arrivals are up 37 percent for the first quarter.”
As a result, Louis Lewis, St Lucia Director of Tourism says the island expects record tourist arriving to the country to enjoy St Lucia holidays this summer in spite of a generally slow season for the Caribbean.
Lewis said that will be a result of increased airlift capacity and strategic marketing campaigns in key markets like the United States
Delta Airlines has announced increased flights and special fares to St Lucia from Atlanta for the summer season. According to a press statement the US carrier is increasing service between Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport from seven to ten flights weekly.
Lewis welcomes the additional flights, as Delta’s Atlanta hub provides connections for passengers to the island from the east and west coasts, making St Lucia holidays even more accessible.
"With carnival and Homecoming 2010 celebrations set for July, Saint Lucia will continue to build on the excellent growth which it began experiencing out of the US market since last November" - the Director of Tourism added.
From the 12th of May, Delta Airlines has been offering a special US $488 round-trip fare between Atlanta and St Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...