St Lucia holidays expecting record numbers of visitors this summer
After it was revealed that only holidays to the U.S Virgin Islands and St Lucia holidays emerged triumphant registering a double-digit growth in tourism figures, St Lucia holidays now expects to attract a record number of visitors for this summer season.
Only two holiday destinations in the Caribbean, St Lucia holidays and the United States Virgin Islands, have recorded double-digit growth in the tourism industry. At least that’s according to Smith Travel Research, which is an independent benchmarking company.
The growth rate for St Lucia holidays during the first quarter of the year was listed at 14.3 %. Smith research has also rated St Lucia holidays in a top five rating by investors for its investment friendly climate. The news is welcomed by Tourism Minister Allen Chastanet who was informed of the rating at the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Investment Conference 2010 (CHTIC 2010) held in Puerto Rico on 6th May 2010.
“This means that the policies we put in place have been working and in very trying times too,” - the minister told the STAR on Friday. “We have been bucking the trend. The numbers are even more incredible when one takes into account that our US arrivals are up 37 percent for the first quarter.”
As a result, Louis Lewis, St Lucia Director of Tourism says the island expects record tourist arriving to the country to enjoy St Lucia holidays this summer in spite of a generally slow season for the Caribbean.
Lewis said that will be a result of increased airlift capacity and strategic marketing campaigns in key markets like the United States
Delta Airlines has announced increased flights and special fares to St Lucia from Atlanta for the summer season. According to a press statement the US carrier is increasing service between Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport from seven to ten flights weekly.
Lewis welcomes the additional flights, as Delta’s Atlanta hub provides connections for passengers to the island from the east and west coasts, making St Lucia holidays even more accessible.
"With carnival and Homecoming 2010 celebrations set for July, Saint Lucia will continue to build on the excellent growth which it began experiencing out of the US market since last November" - the Director of Tourism added.
From the 12th of May, Delta Airlines has been offering a special US $488 round-trip fare between Atlanta and St Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...