St Lucia holidays expecting record numbers of visitors this summer
After it was revealed that only holidays to the U.S Virgin Islands and St Lucia holidays emerged triumphant registering a double-digit growth in tourism figures, St Lucia holidays now expects to attract a record number of visitors for this summer season.
Only two holiday destinations in the Caribbean, St Lucia holidays and the United States Virgin Islands, have recorded double-digit growth in the tourism industry. At least that’s according to Smith Travel Research, which is an independent benchmarking company.
The growth rate for St Lucia holidays during the first quarter of the year was listed at 14.3 %. Smith research has also rated St Lucia holidays in a top five rating by investors for its investment friendly climate. The news is welcomed by Tourism Minister Allen Chastanet who was informed of the rating at the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Investment Conference 2010 (CHTIC 2010) held in Puerto Rico on 6th May 2010.
“This means that the policies we put in place have been working and in very trying times too,” - the minister told the STAR on Friday. “We have been bucking the trend. The numbers are even more incredible when one takes into account that our US arrivals are up 37 percent for the first quarter.”
As a result, Louis Lewis, St Lucia Director of Tourism says the island expects record tourist arriving to the country to enjoy St Lucia holidays this summer in spite of a generally slow season for the Caribbean.
Lewis said that will be a result of increased airlift capacity and strategic marketing campaigns in key markets like the United States
Delta Airlines has announced increased flights and special fares to St Lucia from Atlanta for the summer season. According to a press statement the US carrier is increasing service between Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport from seven to ten flights weekly.
Lewis welcomes the additional flights, as Delta’s Atlanta hub provides connections for passengers to the island from the east and west coasts, making St Lucia holidays even more accessible.
"With carnival and Homecoming 2010 celebrations set for July, Saint Lucia will continue to build on the excellent growth which it began experiencing out of the US market since last November" - the Director of Tourism added.
From the 12th of May, Delta Airlines has been offering a special US $488 round-trip fare between Atlanta and St Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...