World Tourism Organisation praises Dominican Republic holidays
Mr. Taleb Rifai, Secretary General of the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) recently declared the organisation's admiration for how Dominican Republich holidays had managed to pull through the difficult global economic crisis mantaining tourism afloat.
The outstanding effort made by Dominican Republic holidays to stay afloat during the harshest and hardest times of the global economic crisis have received much praise by the World Tourism Organisation as Taleb Rifai, Secretary General of the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) expressed his joy over the fact that despite the global financial crisis that gripped the world and affected international tourism; Dominican Republic holidays continued to receive the same number of visitors.
Rifai praised "Dominican Republic’s regional leadership in the in the hospitality industry", calling the Caribbean country’s push develop the activity "a model for the world".
In a meeting to honour Dominican president Leonel Fernandez in the organisation’s headquarters in Madrid, the UNWTO Secretary General highlighted once again what an outstanding job Dominican Republic holidays had done to keep themselves as a popular holiday destination despite trouble times in the world’s finances. Mr Rifai said the organisation was ready to support the country by training more Dominican students to earn masters degrees in tourism, specialising in Dominican Republic holidays of course.
“Mr. President, while you play an important role in your country’s tourism leadership in the Caribbean, there are chief executives who don’t show as much sensitivity with the topic" - Rifai said addresing President Fernandez during the meeting held in Madrid.
Further praising his efforts in pushing the travel and tourism industry to keep Dominican Republic holidays growing and appealing to worldwide travellers, still addressing the country’s president, Mr Rifai added - “You’re an ambassador of the tourism industry in the region. I take this opportunity to congratulate you for the prominent role which the Dominican Republic plays in global tourism, making your country the Caribbean’s top destination. The country’s progress in that area is thanks to the work and collaboration of your Tourism Minister and his outstanding team".
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...