Martinique named best Caribbean holidays destination by About.com
Martinique has been named as the best destination for Caribbean holidays in a recent poll conducted by About.com's Caribbean Travel site with 38 percent of 3,800 voters choosing the Isle of Flowers as the preferred choice for a Caribbean luxury getaway.
The Isle of Flowers, Martinique has been named as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in a survey on the Caribbean Travel section of About.com where voters chose their favourite spot for Caribbean holidays. The stunning Caribbean island was the winning destination after 38 percent of 3,800 voters chose Martinique above other favourite spots for Caribbean holidays including Dominica and St. Kitts & Nevis, who both came second in the poll.
The Director Americas for the Martinique Promotion Bureau / CMT USA, Muriel Wiltord, said:
"This is a wonderful affirmation that our special brand of tourism product, characterized by intimate boutique hotels and emphasizing nature, a rich cultural heritage, romance, scuba diving and gastronomy is winning the hearts of U.S. travellers."
Martinique has been on the receiving end of a string of recognition honours and awards recently. The beautiful Caribbean island was awarded "Best Gourmet Island of the Year" for the second year in a row in November 2009 and was voted as the favourite Caribbean destination for delectable dining by readers of the Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine in October 2009. With a wide range of all inclusive Caribbean hotels featuring a fine dining experience, Martinique is a popular destination for travellers from all over the world on holidays in the Caribbean.
Described as the "Caribbean island with French flair", Martinique is an enchanting stunning island located in the eastern Caribbean Sea and is one of 26 regions of France and is listed as an overseas region.
Made up of mountainous terrain, volcanoes, rainforests, and stunning white sandy beaches, Martinique offers breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and endless activities for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays. Famous for its fine cuisine, the island offers a blend of African, French, Caribbean and South Asian dishes and locally sourced produce which provide diners with an exquisite dining experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...