Martinique named best Caribbean holidays destination by About.com
Martinique has been named as the best destination for Caribbean holidays in a recent poll conducted by About.com's Caribbean Travel site with 38 percent of 3,800 voters choosing the Isle of Flowers as the preferred choice for a Caribbean luxury getaway.
The Isle of Flowers, Martinique has been named as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in a survey on the Caribbean Travel section of About.com where voters chose their favourite spot for Caribbean holidays. The stunning Caribbean island was the winning destination after 38 percent of 3,800 voters chose Martinique above other favourite spots for Caribbean holidays including Dominica and St. Kitts & Nevis, who both came second in the poll.
The Director Americas for the Martinique Promotion Bureau / CMT USA, Muriel Wiltord, said:
"This is a wonderful affirmation that our special brand of tourism product, characterized by intimate boutique hotels and emphasizing nature, a rich cultural heritage, romance, scuba diving and gastronomy is winning the hearts of U.S. travellers."
Martinique has been on the receiving end of a string of recognition honours and awards recently. The beautiful Caribbean island was awarded "Best Gourmet Island of the Year" for the second year in a row in November 2009 and was voted as the favourite Caribbean destination for delectable dining by readers of the Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine in October 2009. With a wide range of all inclusive Caribbean hotels featuring a fine dining experience, Martinique is a popular destination for travellers from all over the world on holidays in the Caribbean.
Described as the "Caribbean island with French flair", Martinique is an enchanting stunning island located in the eastern Caribbean Sea and is one of 26 regions of France and is listed as an overseas region.
Made up of mountainous terrain, volcanoes, rainforests, and stunning white sandy beaches, Martinique offers breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and endless activities for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays. Famous for its fine cuisine, the island offers a blend of African, French, Caribbean and South Asian dishes and locally sourced produce which provide diners with an exquisite dining experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...