Martinique named best Caribbean holidays destination by About.com
Martinique has been named as the best destination for Caribbean holidays in a recent poll conducted by About.com's Caribbean Travel site with 38 percent of 3,800 voters choosing the Isle of Flowers as the preferred choice for a Caribbean luxury getaway.
The Isle of Flowers, Martinique has been named as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in a survey on the Caribbean Travel section of About.com where voters chose their favourite spot for Caribbean holidays. The stunning Caribbean island was the winning destination after 38 percent of 3,800 voters chose Martinique above other favourite spots for Caribbean holidays including Dominica and St. Kitts & Nevis, who both came second in the poll.
The Director Americas for the Martinique Promotion Bureau / CMT USA, Muriel Wiltord, said:
"This is a wonderful affirmation that our special brand of tourism product, characterized by intimate boutique hotels and emphasizing nature, a rich cultural heritage, romance, scuba diving and gastronomy is winning the hearts of U.S. travellers."
Martinique has been on the receiving end of a string of recognition honours and awards recently. The beautiful Caribbean island was awarded "Best Gourmet Island of the Year" for the second year in a row in November 2009 and was voted as the favourite Caribbean destination for delectable dining by readers of the Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine in October 2009. With a wide range of all inclusive Caribbean hotels featuring a fine dining experience, Martinique is a popular destination for travellers from all over the world on holidays in the Caribbean.
Described as the "Caribbean island with French flair", Martinique is an enchanting stunning island located in the eastern Caribbean Sea and is one of 26 regions of France and is listed as an overseas region.
Made up of mountainous terrain, volcanoes, rainforests, and stunning white sandy beaches, Martinique offers breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and endless activities for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays. Famous for its fine cuisine, the island offers a blend of African, French, Caribbean and South Asian dishes and locally sourced produce which provide diners with an exquisite dining experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...