Martinique named best Caribbean holidays destination by About.com
Martinique has been named as the best destination for Caribbean holidays in a recent poll conducted by About.com's Caribbean Travel site with 38 percent of 3,800 voters choosing the Isle of Flowers as the preferred choice for a Caribbean luxury getaway.
The Isle of Flowers, Martinique has been named as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in a survey on the Caribbean Travel section of About.com where voters chose their favourite spot for Caribbean holidays. The stunning Caribbean island was the winning destination after 38 percent of 3,800 voters chose Martinique above other favourite spots for Caribbean holidays including Dominica and St. Kitts & Nevis, who both came second in the poll.
The Director Americas for the Martinique Promotion Bureau / CMT USA, Muriel Wiltord, said:
"This is a wonderful affirmation that our special brand of tourism product, characterized by intimate boutique hotels and emphasizing nature, a rich cultural heritage, romance, scuba diving and gastronomy is winning the hearts of U.S. travellers."
Martinique has been on the receiving end of a string of recognition honours and awards recently. The beautiful Caribbean island was awarded "Best Gourmet Island of the Year" for the second year in a row in November 2009 and was voted as the favourite Caribbean destination for delectable dining by readers of the Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine in October 2009. With a wide range of all inclusive Caribbean hotels featuring a fine dining experience, Martinique is a popular destination for travellers from all over the world on holidays in the Caribbean.
Described as the "Caribbean island with French flair", Martinique is an enchanting stunning island located in the eastern Caribbean Sea and is one of 26 regions of France and is listed as an overseas region.
Made up of mountainous terrain, volcanoes, rainforests, and stunning white sandy beaches, Martinique offers breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and endless activities for travellers enjoying Caribbean holidays. Famous for its fine cuisine, the island offers a blend of African, French, Caribbean and South Asian dishes and locally sourced produce which provide diners with an exquisite dining experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...