St Lucia holidays welcome increased flow of visitors from New York
St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early boom from US travellers flocking down to the island in large numbers, 2 months ahead of the busy summer season! JetBlue has stepped in to increase the flight frequency from NY to the island during this busy period.
With so much going on lately, from being featured on the popular American series ‘The Bachellor’ to the celebration of the St Lucia Jazz festival, St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early summer boom, especially from travellers coming from the U.S. In addition to this, as St Lucia holidays starts to harvest strong growth from the U.S travel market, tourism officials are also welcoming additional JetBlue Airways flights from New York's John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) almost two months ahead of the official start of the summer season.
Tourism officials speaking on the topic of St Lucia holidays enjoying an early summer boom have reported that the airline, which began servicing the island last October, increased flight frequency from 3 to 5 per week starting 1st May, 2010. This new flight frequency increase is set to last through to Labour Day weekend in early September, and has been planned to meet travellers' demands just in time for the start of the 2010 Saint Lucia Jazz festival which is currently being held with a starting date of 1st May, and finishing on 9th May, 2010.
Saint Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation said that travelling to Saint Lucia holidays on JetBlue continues to be both accessible and affordable for American travellers.
"We welcome these additional flights from the important New York gateway," Senator Allen Chastanet declared, also adding that the island had already registered 5 consecutive months of increased arrivals from U.S visitors, averaging more than 30 % from November through the end of March.
With new flights operating on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, JetBlue also offers full packages for St Lucia holidays as well as holiday packages for other 35 destinations. JetBlue Getaways customers can book discounted holiday packages, including airfare, hotel, airport transfers and/or various activities at one time, saving their American travellers valuable time and money.
Explaining how the forecast beyond the close oft the winter season looked very positive for St Lucia holidays, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis said - "Saint Lucia continues to be a top-of-mind destination and we are pleased to be able to accommodate travellers' needs with increased airline seats, newly renovated hotels, new and improved spas, restaurants, and attractions for couples, families and singles,"
Lewis also added that with the 19th anniversary of the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival set for May, and a revamped Carnival and Homecoming Celebrations scheduled for July, tourism and business prospects looked more than encouraging, driving many business to the island in the form of tourists taking St Lucia holidays and possible investors wanting to take a slice of St Lucia’s appealing Caribbean factor.
This week, the sounds of jazz converge on Saint Lucia in a fabulous 7-day celebration that attracts performers from all around the world. This year, St Lucia will be welcoming Grammy Award winners Ne-Yo, Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse and many other chart-topping artistes, generating great expectation among those who take the opportunity to embark on St Lucia holidays to enjoy this event..
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...