St Lucia holidays welcome increased flow of visitors from New York
St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early boom from US travellers flocking down to the island in large numbers, 2 months ahead of the busy summer season! JetBlue has stepped in to increase the flight frequency from NY to the island during this busy period.
With so much going on lately, from being featured on the popular American series ‘The Bachellor’ to the celebration of the St Lucia Jazz festival, St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early summer boom, especially from travellers coming from the U.S. In addition to this, as St Lucia holidays starts to harvest strong growth from the U.S travel market, tourism officials are also welcoming additional JetBlue Airways flights from New York's John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) almost two months ahead of the official start of the summer season.
Tourism officials speaking on the topic of St Lucia holidays enjoying an early summer boom have reported that the airline, which began servicing the island last October, increased flight frequency from 3 to 5 per week starting 1st May, 2010. This new flight frequency increase is set to last through to Labour Day weekend in early September, and has been planned to meet travellers' demands just in time for the start of the 2010 Saint Lucia Jazz festival which is currently being held with a starting date of 1st May, and finishing on 9th May, 2010.
Saint Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation said that travelling to Saint Lucia holidays on JetBlue continues to be both accessible and affordable for American travellers.
"We welcome these additional flights from the important New York gateway," Senator Allen Chastanet declared, also adding that the island had already registered 5 consecutive months of increased arrivals from U.S visitors, averaging more than 30 % from November through the end of March.
With new flights operating on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, JetBlue also offers full packages for St Lucia holidays as well as holiday packages for other 35 destinations. JetBlue Getaways customers can book discounted holiday packages, including airfare, hotel, airport transfers and/or various activities at one time, saving their American travellers valuable time and money.
Explaining how the forecast beyond the close oft the winter season looked very positive for St Lucia holidays, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis said - "Saint Lucia continues to be a top-of-mind destination and we are pleased to be able to accommodate travellers' needs with increased airline seats, newly renovated hotels, new and improved spas, restaurants, and attractions for couples, families and singles,"
Lewis also added that with the 19th anniversary of the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival set for May, and a revamped Carnival and Homecoming Celebrations scheduled for July, tourism and business prospects looked more than encouraging, driving many business to the island in the form of tourists taking St Lucia holidays and possible investors wanting to take a slice of St Lucia’s appealing Caribbean factor.
This week, the sounds of jazz converge on Saint Lucia in a fabulous 7-day celebration that attracts performers from all around the world. This year, St Lucia will be welcoming Grammy Award winners Ne-Yo, Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse and many other chart-topping artistes, generating great expectation among those who take the opportunity to embark on St Lucia holidays to enjoy this event..
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...