St Lucia holidays welcome increased flow of visitors from New York
St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early boom from US travellers flocking down to the island in large numbers, 2 months ahead of the busy summer season! JetBlue has stepped in to increase the flight frequency from NY to the island during this busy period.
With so much going on lately, from being featured on the popular American series ‘The Bachellor’ to the celebration of the St Lucia Jazz festival, St Lucia holidays are enjoying an early summer boom, especially from travellers coming from the U.S. In addition to this, as St Lucia holidays starts to harvest strong growth from the U.S travel market, tourism officials are also welcoming additional JetBlue Airways flights from New York's John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Saint Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) almost two months ahead of the official start of the summer season.
Tourism officials speaking on the topic of St Lucia holidays enjoying an early summer boom have reported that the airline, which began servicing the island last October, increased flight frequency from 3 to 5 per week starting 1st May, 2010. This new flight frequency increase is set to last through to Labour Day weekend in early September, and has been planned to meet travellers' demands just in time for the start of the 2010 Saint Lucia Jazz festival which is currently being held with a starting date of 1st May, and finishing on 9th May, 2010.
Saint Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation said that travelling to Saint Lucia holidays on JetBlue continues to be both accessible and affordable for American travellers.
"We welcome these additional flights from the important New York gateway," Senator Allen Chastanet declared, also adding that the island had already registered 5 consecutive months of increased arrivals from U.S visitors, averaging more than 30 % from November through the end of March.
With new flights operating on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, JetBlue also offers full packages for St Lucia holidays as well as holiday packages for other 35 destinations. JetBlue Getaways customers can book discounted holiday packages, including airfare, hotel, airport transfers and/or various activities at one time, saving their American travellers valuable time and money.
Explaining how the forecast beyond the close oft the winter season looked very positive for St Lucia holidays, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis said - "Saint Lucia continues to be a top-of-mind destination and we are pleased to be able to accommodate travellers' needs with increased airline seats, newly renovated hotels, new and improved spas, restaurants, and attractions for couples, families and singles,"
Lewis also added that with the 19th anniversary of the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival set for May, and a revamped Carnival and Homecoming Celebrations scheduled for July, tourism and business prospects looked more than encouraging, driving many business to the island in the form of tourists taking St Lucia holidays and possible investors wanting to take a slice of St Lucia’s appealing Caribbean factor.
This week, the sounds of jazz converge on Saint Lucia in a fabulous 7-day celebration that attracts performers from all around the world. This year, St Lucia will be welcoming Grammy Award winners Ne-Yo, Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse and many other chart-topping artistes, generating great expectation among those who take the opportunity to embark on St Lucia holidays to enjoy this event..
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...