Etihad opens new deluxe Premium Lounge in Manchester
Etihad Airways, the UAE's national airline have just unveiled their plans to open a new premium airport lounge in Manchester, which will be their third outside their home base in Abu Dhabi and will follow the ones already open in London and Frankfurt.
With the aim of offering premium deluxe experiences before passengers are off to their luxury holidays in Dubai, Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced the opening of a premium lounge in Manchester, which will be the third Etihad lounge to open outside of the airline’s home base.
Scheduled to open later this year in Manchester Airport’s Terminal 1, the new lounge will mark the first step as part of a gradual roll out of more premium lounges across the airline’s network and main holiday destination ports. The lounges are designed to reflect Etihad’s award-winning style, service concept and high quality look and feel as well as conveying the luxury aspect of Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays (two of the main holiday destinations they serve) that can already be seen in their Abu Dhabi, London and Frankfurt lounges.
Speaking about the new opening, Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Manchester has always been an important part of Etihad’s growth plans, and the ties between Manchester and Abu Dhabi have never been stronger. We recently announced a capacity increase of close to 60 per cent on the route from June, and we continue to look for partnership opportunities that deliver real benefits to both regions.
“The choice of Manchester as the next venue for a dedicated Etihad lounge is yet another example of our long-term commitment to this important route.”
The new 318 m2 lounge will offer the airline’s premium customers a range of features to complement their luxury holidays, including:
- 5-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine
- a modern Business Centre featuring individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops
- a prayer room
- a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies
- a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material
- luxury bathrooms and shower facilities for customers wanting to freshen up before their departure
- expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway.
“We are pleased to offer our premium customers travelling from Manchester a convenient, luxurious and relaxing experience before their flight,” Mr Baumgartner added.
"The Etihad service to Abu Dhabi is a crucial link between our two closely-linked regions and the addition of a premium lounge demonstrates real confidence in this vital relationship. A premium lounge is a key enhancement for Etihad at Manchester Airport, particularly with the additional capacity provided by the Boeing 777-300 aircraft which will operate the service from June. Etihad's loyal and growing customer base will be as delighted as we are at today's news and we look forward to developing this successful service together." - were the words from Manchester Airport's Managin Director Andrew Cornish.
Having been operating services to Manchester since 2006 and offering connections from Manchester to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow with its codeshare partner, bmi and from Manchester to Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southampton and Inverness with its codeshare partner, Flybe; Etihad Airways strives to serve the luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays market for UK travellers flying to these holiday destinations from Manchester, whether on business or leisure. In 2009, the airline signed a three-year deal to be the official shirt sponsor and partner of English Premier League side, Manchester City.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...