Etihad opens new deluxe Premium Lounge in Manchester
Etihad Airways, the UAE's national airline have just unveiled their plans to open a new premium airport lounge in Manchester, which will be their third outside their home base in Abu Dhabi and will follow the ones already open in London and Frankfurt.
With the aim of offering premium deluxe experiences before passengers are off to their luxury holidays in Dubai, Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced the opening of a premium lounge in Manchester, which will be the third Etihad lounge to open outside of the airline’s home base.
Scheduled to open later this year in Manchester Airport’s Terminal 1, the new lounge will mark the first step as part of a gradual roll out of more premium lounges across the airline’s network and main holiday destination ports. The lounges are designed to reflect Etihad’s award-winning style, service concept and high quality look and feel as well as conveying the luxury aspect of Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays (two of the main holiday destinations they serve) that can already be seen in their Abu Dhabi, London and Frankfurt lounges.
Speaking about the new opening, Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Manchester has always been an important part of Etihad’s growth plans, and the ties between Manchester and Abu Dhabi have never been stronger. We recently announced a capacity increase of close to 60 per cent on the route from June, and we continue to look for partnership opportunities that deliver real benefits to both regions.
“The choice of Manchester as the next venue for a dedicated Etihad lounge is yet another example of our long-term commitment to this important route.”
The new 318 m2 lounge will offer the airline’s premium customers a range of features to complement their luxury holidays, including:
- 5-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine
- a modern Business Centre featuring individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops
- a prayer room
- a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies
- a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material
- luxury bathrooms and shower facilities for customers wanting to freshen up before their departure
- expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway.
“We are pleased to offer our premium customers travelling from Manchester a convenient, luxurious and relaxing experience before their flight,” Mr Baumgartner added.
"The Etihad service to Abu Dhabi is a crucial link between our two closely-linked regions and the addition of a premium lounge demonstrates real confidence in this vital relationship. A premium lounge is a key enhancement for Etihad at Manchester Airport, particularly with the additional capacity provided by the Boeing 777-300 aircraft which will operate the service from June. Etihad's loyal and growing customer base will be as delighted as we are at today's news and we look forward to developing this successful service together." - were the words from Manchester Airport's Managin Director Andrew Cornish.
Having been operating services to Manchester since 2006 and offering connections from Manchester to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow with its codeshare partner, bmi and from Manchester to Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southampton and Inverness with its codeshare partner, Flybe; Etihad Airways strives to serve the luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays market for UK travellers flying to these holiday destinations from Manchester, whether on business or leisure. In 2009, the airline signed a three-year deal to be the official shirt sponsor and partner of English Premier League side, Manchester City.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...