Etihad opens new deluxe Premium Lounge in Manchester
Etihad Airways, the UAE's national airline have just unveiled their plans to open a new premium airport lounge in Manchester, which will be their third outside their home base in Abu Dhabi and will follow the ones already open in London and Frankfurt.
With the aim of offering premium deluxe experiences before passengers are off to their luxury holidays in Dubai, Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced the opening of a premium lounge in Manchester, which will be the third Etihad lounge to open outside of the airline’s home base.
Scheduled to open later this year in Manchester Airport’s Terminal 1, the new lounge will mark the first step as part of a gradual roll out of more premium lounges across the airline’s network and main holiday destination ports. The lounges are designed to reflect Etihad’s award-winning style, service concept and high quality look and feel as well as conveying the luxury aspect of Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays (two of the main holiday destinations they serve) that can already be seen in their Abu Dhabi, London and Frankfurt lounges.
Speaking about the new opening, Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Manchester has always been an important part of Etihad’s growth plans, and the ties between Manchester and Abu Dhabi have never been stronger. We recently announced a capacity increase of close to 60 per cent on the route from June, and we continue to look for partnership opportunities that deliver real benefits to both regions.
“The choice of Manchester as the next venue for a dedicated Etihad lounge is yet another example of our long-term commitment to this important route.”
The new 318 m2 lounge will offer the airline’s premium customers a range of features to complement their luxury holidays, including:
- 5-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine
- a modern Business Centre featuring individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops
- a prayer room
- a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies
- a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material
- luxury bathrooms and shower facilities for customers wanting to freshen up before their departure
- expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway.
“We are pleased to offer our premium customers travelling from Manchester a convenient, luxurious and relaxing experience before their flight,” Mr Baumgartner added.
"The Etihad service to Abu Dhabi is a crucial link between our two closely-linked regions and the addition of a premium lounge demonstrates real confidence in this vital relationship. A premium lounge is a key enhancement for Etihad at Manchester Airport, particularly with the additional capacity provided by the Boeing 777-300 aircraft which will operate the service from June. Etihad's loyal and growing customer base will be as delighted as we are at today's news and we look forward to developing this successful service together." - were the words from Manchester Airport's Managin Director Andrew Cornish.
Having been operating services to Manchester since 2006 and offering connections from Manchester to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow with its codeshare partner, bmi and from Manchester to Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southampton and Inverness with its codeshare partner, Flybe; Etihad Airways strives to serve the luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays market for UK travellers flying to these holiday destinations from Manchester, whether on business or leisure. In 2009, the airline signed a three-year deal to be the official shirt sponsor and partner of English Premier League side, Manchester City.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...