Etihad opens new deluxe Premium Lounge in Manchester
Etihad Airways, the UAE's national airline have just unveiled their plans to open a new premium airport lounge in Manchester, which will be their third outside their home base in Abu Dhabi and will follow the ones already open in London and Frankfurt.
With the aim of offering premium deluxe experiences before passengers are off to their luxury holidays in Dubai, Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced the opening of a premium lounge in Manchester, which will be the third Etihad lounge to open outside of the airline’s home base.
Scheduled to open later this year in Manchester Airport’s Terminal 1, the new lounge will mark the first step as part of a gradual roll out of more premium lounges across the airline’s network and main holiday destination ports. The lounges are designed to reflect Etihad’s award-winning style, service concept and high quality look and feel as well as conveying the luxury aspect of Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays (two of the main holiday destinations they serve) that can already be seen in their Abu Dhabi, London and Frankfurt lounges.
Speaking about the new opening, Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Manchester has always been an important part of Etihad’s growth plans, and the ties between Manchester and Abu Dhabi have never been stronger. We recently announced a capacity increase of close to 60 per cent on the route from June, and we continue to look for partnership opportunities that deliver real benefits to both regions.
“The choice of Manchester as the next venue for a dedicated Etihad lounge is yet another example of our long-term commitment to this important route.”
The new 318 m2 lounge will offer the airline’s premium customers a range of features to complement their luxury holidays, including:
- 5-star dining facilities with a selection of international cuisine
- a modern Business Centre featuring individual workstations and privacy for people with laptops
- a prayer room
- a family room, where children can be kept entertained by nannies
- a relaxation area, including high-comfort leather chairs and reading material
- luxury bathrooms and shower facilities for customers wanting to freshen up before their departure
- expansive views over the airport’s taxiway and runway.
“We are pleased to offer our premium customers travelling from Manchester a convenient, luxurious and relaxing experience before their flight,” Mr Baumgartner added.
"The Etihad service to Abu Dhabi is a crucial link between our two closely-linked regions and the addition of a premium lounge demonstrates real confidence in this vital relationship. A premium lounge is a key enhancement for Etihad at Manchester Airport, particularly with the additional capacity provided by the Boeing 777-300 aircraft which will operate the service from June. Etihad's loyal and growing customer base will be as delighted as we are at today's news and we look forward to developing this successful service together." - were the words from Manchester Airport's Managin Director Andrew Cornish.
Having been operating services to Manchester since 2006 and offering connections from Manchester to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow with its codeshare partner, bmi and from Manchester to Isle of Man, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southampton and Inverness with its codeshare partner, Flybe; Etihad Airways strives to serve the luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays market for UK travellers flying to these holiday destinations from Manchester, whether on business or leisure. In 2009, the airline signed a three-year deal to be the official shirt sponsor and partner of English Premier League side, Manchester City.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...