TV series inspires travellers to book Egypt holidays
The number of travellers booking Morocco and Egypt holidays has increased significantly after the fascinating Tropic of Cancer television series broadcast on the BBC features the regions as stunning destinations for travellers to visit.
Founder of Gap Adventures, Bruce Poon Tip, said his company has seen a 200 percent rise in booking for Morocco and Egypt holidays this year and he expects a further increase in enquiries and bookings as more of the BBC episodes are shown on television.
"Right now, Egypt and Morocco are extremely popular holiday destinations."
The series features travel journalist, Simon Reeves, following the Tropic of Cancer around various destinations around the world in a ten-part TV series. One of the episodes broadcast earlier this month highlighted Reeves visiting Egypt, the ancient temple of Abu Simbal, and diving in the Red Sea which soon prompted viewers to book their own holidays in Egypt.
The historic region has always been a popular destination with travellers but the number of bookings for Egypt holidays has risen over recent years as more luxury Egypt hotels have been developed as well as an increasing number of all inclusive options including diving holidays and luxury breaks to Sharm el Sheikh.
Egypt is often the topic of many travel programs because of its famous history and spectacular sites which include the Pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and numerous temples across the region. Located in north-eastern Africa and south-western Asia, Egypt is made up of 90 percent desert and is home to the famous world's longest river, the Nile.
The country's climate is also often a deciding factor for travellers booking Egypt holidays with its dry and warm climate throughout the year. Despite unfortunate past events giving Egypt a bad reputation for tourists over the years, measures have been put in place and efforts have been made by the government to ensure that the region as safe as possible to visitors taking Egypt holidays and the country heavily relies on tourism for the success of its economy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Enjoy a Wonderfully Relaxing Holiday with a wide range of activities
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...