TV series inspires travellers to book Egypt holidays
The number of travellers booking Morocco and Egypt holidays has increased significantly after the fascinating Tropic of Cancer television series broadcast on the BBC features the regions as stunning destinations for travellers to visit.
Founder of Gap Adventures, Bruce Poon Tip, said his company has seen a 200 percent rise in booking for Morocco and Egypt holidays this year and he expects a further increase in enquiries and bookings as more of the BBC episodes are shown on television.
"Right now, Egypt and Morocco are extremely popular holiday destinations."
The series features travel journalist, Simon Reeves, following the Tropic of Cancer around various destinations around the world in a ten-part TV series. One of the episodes broadcast earlier this month highlighted Reeves visiting Egypt, the ancient temple of Abu Simbal, and diving in the Red Sea which soon prompted viewers to book their own holidays in Egypt.
The historic region has always been a popular destination with travellers but the number of bookings for Egypt holidays has risen over recent years as more luxury Egypt hotels have been developed as well as an increasing number of all inclusive options including diving holidays and luxury breaks to Sharm el Sheikh.
Egypt is often the topic of many travel programs because of its famous history and spectacular sites which include the Pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and numerous temples across the region. Located in north-eastern Africa and south-western Asia, Egypt is made up of 90 percent desert and is home to the famous world's longest river, the Nile.
The country's climate is also often a deciding factor for travellers booking Egypt holidays with its dry and warm climate throughout the year. Despite unfortunate past events giving Egypt a bad reputation for tourists over the years, measures have been put in place and efforts have been made by the government to ensure that the region as safe as possible to visitors taking Egypt holidays and the country heavily relies on tourism for the success of its economy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...