TV series inspires travellers to book Egypt holidays
The number of travellers booking Morocco and Egypt holidays has increased significantly after the fascinating Tropic of Cancer television series broadcast on the BBC features the regions as stunning destinations for travellers to visit.
Founder of Gap Adventures, Bruce Poon Tip, said his company has seen a 200 percent rise in booking for Morocco and Egypt holidays this year and he expects a further increase in enquiries and bookings as more of the BBC episodes are shown on television.
"Right now, Egypt and Morocco are extremely popular holiday destinations."
The series features travel journalist, Simon Reeves, following the Tropic of Cancer around various destinations around the world in a ten-part TV series. One of the episodes broadcast earlier this month highlighted Reeves visiting Egypt, the ancient temple of Abu Simbal, and diving in the Red Sea which soon prompted viewers to book their own holidays in Egypt.
The historic region has always been a popular destination with travellers but the number of bookings for Egypt holidays has risen over recent years as more luxury Egypt hotels have been developed as well as an increasing number of all inclusive options including diving holidays and luxury breaks to Sharm el Sheikh.
Egypt is often the topic of many travel programs because of its famous history and spectacular sites which include the Pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and numerous temples across the region. Located in north-eastern Africa and south-western Asia, Egypt is made up of 90 percent desert and is home to the famous world's longest river, the Nile.
The country's climate is also often a deciding factor for travellers booking Egypt holidays with its dry and warm climate throughout the year. Despite unfortunate past events giving Egypt a bad reputation for tourists over the years, measures have been put in place and efforts have been made by the government to ensure that the region as safe as possible to visitors taking Egypt holidays and the country heavily relies on tourism for the success of its economy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...