TV series inspires travellers to book Egypt holidays
The number of travellers booking Morocco and Egypt holidays has increased significantly after the fascinating Tropic of Cancer television series broadcast on the BBC features the regions as stunning destinations for travellers to visit.
Founder of Gap Adventures, Bruce Poon Tip, said his company has seen a 200 percent rise in booking for Morocco and Egypt holidays this year and he expects a further increase in enquiries and bookings as more of the BBC episodes are shown on television.
"Right now, Egypt and Morocco are extremely popular holiday destinations."
The series features travel journalist, Simon Reeves, following the Tropic of Cancer around various destinations around the world in a ten-part TV series. One of the episodes broadcast earlier this month highlighted Reeves visiting Egypt, the ancient temple of Abu Simbal, and diving in the Red Sea which soon prompted viewers to book their own holidays in Egypt.
The historic region has always been a popular destination with travellers but the number of bookings for Egypt holidays has risen over recent years as more luxury Egypt hotels have been developed as well as an increasing number of all inclusive options including diving holidays and luxury breaks to Sharm el Sheikh.
Egypt is often the topic of many travel programs because of its famous history and spectacular sites which include the Pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and numerous temples across the region. Located in north-eastern Africa and south-western Asia, Egypt is made up of 90 percent desert and is home to the famous world's longest river, the Nile.
The country's climate is also often a deciding factor for travellers booking Egypt holidays with its dry and warm climate throughout the year. Despite unfortunate past events giving Egypt a bad reputation for tourists over the years, measures have been put in place and efforts have been made by the government to ensure that the region as safe as possible to visitors taking Egypt holidays and the country heavily relies on tourism for the success of its economy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...